Adventures in YouTube

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
royoak said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_MqZn7E-mk&feature=player_embedded

Mortal Kombat rebirth?
If this is real, it looks awesome!

Aww man, I was expecting Scorpion to have a skull-like face, missing the nose and lips. Still, it's well put together and I think I'd be up to see something like that in the theater.

P.S. I captured a shot of Sub-Zero. :beast:

SubZero.jpg

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I know the general consensus is that this is cool, or even awesome as royoak said, and in fact it probably is a step in the right direction for Mortal Kombat (other than quitting while you're already way behind), but my take is that in its attempt to be more real, gritty, hardcore, or whatever standard they're trying to meet, by that same standard of "stark realism," it's actually relatively more ridiculous than the original Mortal Kombat mythology, which it's also more unfaithful to than any previous adaptation. I mean, you can slap a coat of rust colored paint on it and call it serious and realistic, but from the scenario to the acting and dialogue, it was still unbelievably silly B-movie cheese all the way.

Not saying it's bad... well, actually, that's exactly what I'm saying. It still looks bad, just in a different way. But, Kotaku, praising it wildly and calling it perfect among other things, already compared it to Saw and Seven, proving once again that this style is certainly going to appeal to those that can't tell the difference between the two.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Aphasia said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygI-2F8ApUM&feature=related

Watch this whole video, you'll be better for it. : )
This is quite possibly the greatest moment in history caught on film. Fav'd.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
グリフィス said:
I mean, you can slap a coat of rust colored paint on it and call it serious and realistic, but from the scenario to the acting and dialogue, it was still unbelievably silly B-movie cheese all the way.

Agreed. Personally, something like Mortal Kombat leaning on a "realistic" scenario just seems way far fetched. Like Griff said, it even makes it worse. But hey, that doesn't mean I wouldn't see it on a DVD release or something. But I wouldn't expect much. Either way, thank you for posting it Royoak.

royoak said:
Mortal Kombat rebirth?
If this is real, it looks awesome!

Really, I was shocked that they used real footage of babies with Harlequin-type ichthyosis to promote that shit. That's the most distasteful thing I've seen this year.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Eluvei said:
Really, I was shocked that they used real footage of babies with Harlequin-type ichthyosis to promote that shit. That's the most distasteful thing I've seen this year.

Yeah I had the same reaction; it was done in poor taste. It's not a disease that lends itself to "cool" fantasies. The worst part is that they didn't even do anything with it. Griff and I were discussing earlier how he looks like the average hobo in adult form.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
A LEGO sniper rifle, seriously one of the coolest things Ive seen on YouTube in a while: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H23HDHRVjpA

Sorry if this is a repost, but this got a pretty good laugh out of me:

Tetris God
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alw5hs0chj0&playnext_from=TL&videos=WpImmvNynfw

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Ron Artest mania is sweeping Los Angeles! I thought I'd share a little of the man affectionately known as "Crazy Pills" with you all.

Ron's post championship interview - Ron thanks his psychiatrist, among others, and promotes his new single, "Champions."

Ron's post game press conference - Funny, candid, strange, and genuine; that's Ron Artest. This is what it looks like when good things happen to manic people.

Ron doing a scene with Helen freakin' Mirren! - Mirren, playing his therapist, councils Ron the morning before game 7.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Aazealh said:
Man this is just mean, seriously. :ganishka: Who wouldn't shit their pants if it was staged well enough?
I know right, that alien suit was legit. The way they had the door rigged was good too.

Top Bottom