Berserk next gen console game?

Gurifisu

Sweet dreams, dear child of god.
I was just wondering if anyone knew anything. I thought the ability to control Gattsu's sword with the Wii might be nice, and if not life like graphics on the PS3 (they might do xbox360 but I doubt it). Deos anyone know if they'll make another one?

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
Now that the PS2 is last gen, a lot of smaller Japanese games are being brought over on it, foolish as it is, I'm still holding out hope for them to bring the Berserk PS2 game to the states.

I doubt they'd make a Berserk game on one of the Next Gen systems untill they are a little more wide spread.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Femto the Raven said:
Now that the PS2 is last gen, a lot of smaller Japanese games are being brought over on it, foolish as it is, I'm still holding out hope for them to bring the Berserk PS2 game to the states.

It's been over two years since it came out in Japan and nothing has been announced so far, so if I were you I'd stop holding out, because at this point nothing short of a miracle will make it happen. It's really, REALLY unlikely.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Donald Shimoda said:
At the fusion of time, the unexpected can happen.. but thats very very rare. It is impossible to foresee all things. We are not god himself.
I've played the PS2 game and can assure you it was not something a millennia in the making, nor vital to the human race enough to warrant a miracle. :void:

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
Neither was the Dreamcast game but I enjoyed it.

Of course it would be nice if somebody like Capcom or square Enix (snicker) made a really epic game based on Berserk.

Of course, if wishes were quarters, yadda yadda.

Being in the UK, I have no hope in hell of seeing the Berserk PS2 game in my local shops... I've been trying desparately to get my PS2 chipped for imports so I can buy a Japanese copy, but apparently that's illegal in the UK. Still, I heard the PS3 is region-free, so I guess anyone who wants to play the PS2 game just needs a little patience and an imported copy. (And of course a Beherit to sacrifice their family for a PS3.)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
bastard_swordsman said:
Being in the UK, I have no hope in hell of seeing the Berserk PS2 game in my local shops... I've been trying desparately to get my PS2 chipped for imports so I can buy a Japanese copy, but apparently that's illegal in the UK.

If you want you can always use an alternate way that doesn't require soldering, we talked about it in the threads about the game back when it came out. That's what most of us did, it's relatively cheap and you can do it without tools or anything.

bastard_swordsman said:
Still, I heard the PS3 is region-free, so I guess anyone who wants to play the PS2 game just needs a little patience and an imported copy.

Sorry man, Sony stated that this won't work. PS2 games will remain region-locked, even when played on the PS3. It would have been too good.

Top Bottom