Weird. Peter Jackson.

I guess who ever makes the LOTRings movies, has got the rights to the HOBBIT.

HOWEVER, Peter Jackson (Making the Halo Stuff) has been fired. I guess it turns out they weren't willing to cut the multi oscar director a big enough chunk of what the movie would make. Even without Jackson I'm sure people will flock to see it. But you know change isn't always a good thing.

I myself am a fan of Jackson. I like the LOTR of course. But preferably his "Horror" movies that die hard LOTR fans can't believe he made. "Bad Taste, Dead Alive, The frighteners, Heavenly creatures." IT a pretty cool transition to watch how he gets better and better. (Sorry about the grammer.) :chomp:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Peter Jackson will most likely direct The Hobbit. New Line Cinema was opposed to it because Jackson is suing them about his income for LotR, but it's Saul Zaentz that has the rights, and next year New Line Cinema will lose any kind of decisional influence they have, so Peter Jackson will direct it and the MGM will produce. That even gives Jackson some more time to finish his new movie (The Lovely Bones).

It's sad that someone who doesn't care at all (me) has to break it to you, who's supposed to be a fan or whatever.

Can I just say here, I am really Angry that Peter Jackson wont be able to Direct The Hobbit and I might be happy if he manages to get back in and try and Direct it. But even though Peter Jackson is a Superb Director who made the LOTR Trilogy into a True Masterpeice amoung film as we know it.

I would actually love to see someone else try and direct The Hobbit. I would like to see Ridley Scott Direct the movie, Because he Directed Legend Only if he Uses Ian McKellen as Gandalf and Andy Serkis as Gollum and Weta is involved in this movie, I am sure it will be a success

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SkullGrin, please read the thread, specifically the post directly above yours before posting... Last warning, this is the second time you've ignored others' posts in a thread and blindly posted your own ill-informed opinion on the matter.

As for MY opinion the matter, to use SkullGrin's special brand of arbitrary capitalization and paragraph formation:

Peter JackSuck Is Entirely Overrated and I Did Not Enjoy LOTR as A Movie Trilogy. It Was Far From EnterTaining and OverUsed the method of Cinematography known as The Circular Pan. Also, Every Single Scene was OverActed and The Whole Franchise

Ultimately Came Across as Pompous As the Arthurian/Hippie Love Transfusion is the BackBone of the MiddleEarth Lore. Peter

Jackson Can Eat a Bag of Hell. Also, King Kong was an entertaining popCorn Flick. The Hobbit would benefit from a Director Who Did Not Take Himself So Fucking Seriously, Preferably The Coen Brothers.

Walter said:
SkullGrin, please read the thread, specifically the post directly above yours before posting... Last warning, this is the second time you've ignored others' posts in a thread and blindly posted your own ill-informed opinion on the matter.

As for MY opinion the matter, to use SkullGrin's special brand of arbitrary capitalization and paragraph formation:

Peter JackSuck Is Entirely Overrated and I Did Not Enjoy LOTR as A Movie Trilogy. It Was Far From EnterTaining and OverUsed the method of Cinematography known as The Circular Pan. Also, Every Single Scene was OverActed and The Whole Franchise

Ultimately Came Across as Pompous As the Arthurian/Hippie Love Transfusion is the BackBone of the MiddleEarth Lore. Peter

Jackson Can Eat a Bag of Hell. Also, King Kong was an entertaining popCorn Flick. The Hobbit would benefit from a Director Who Did Not Take Himself So Fucking Seriously, Preferably The Coen Brothers.

I have not been ignoring other peoples Posts, your just biting my head off as usual

CnC

Ad Oculos
Death May Die said:
And....thats why I just dropped the whole subject. :guts:

So hard to please you fellas. I enjoyed LoTR and King Kong, however I didn't enjoy LoTR as much on subsequent viewings. So its entertaining stuff, but no masterpiece.

CnC said:
So hard to please you fellas.  I enjoyed LoTR and King Kong, however I didn't enjoy LoTR as much on subsequent viewings.  So its entertaining stuff, but no masterpiece.

Well I Loved LOTR, King Kong was ok, Could be better

Dirty Dog

CnC said:
So hard to please you fellas.  I enjoyed LoTR and King Kong, however I didn't enjoy LoTR as much on subsequent viewings.  So its entertaining stuff, but no masterpiece.
not sure if I agree with you or Walter more.
The movies were decent because the story was good, but I bet the books were probably far better (I haven't gotten a chance to read them yet) than the movies. (isn't that always the case? :judo:)

haven't seen King Kong, so no comment.

S

Some Guy

CnC said:

Yeah I pretty much agree with that. I don't mind that the movie isn't a 100% regurgitation of the book, as I found it more interesting to see what direction Jackson would give the classic. The same with Kong. And while I certainly wouldn't call these films flawless, I found them very enjoyable in their own right and worth watching.

As for who directs The Hobbit, I personally don't care, since there really isn't any way to guarantee which director would adapt it better than the other. If Jackson doesn't direct it, I'd still keep an open mind.

Besides, anything has got to be better than those 70s animated versions...

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Knight of Skeleton said:
Besides, anything has got to be better than those 70s animated versions...

"Where there's a whip *FX: wpish* there's a waaaaay!"

Technically that's from Return of the King, but oh well... :schierke:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Look everyone can have their opinions about the trilogy but the fact is LOTR is one of the worlds biggest franchises (in movie world) and together the films made over a billion dollars and swept at the academy awards, they have gone down in film history as some of the most successful movies, maybe the most successful fantasy franchise ever. So it's not a masterpiece? well you can say it's not for but you can't make statements like IT DOES Suck when apparently billions of other people world wide didn't think so.

Oburi

All praise Grail
theres a fine line between having your opinion against the whole world, and disagreeing with facts, thats just stubborn and arrogant. It's like come on, accept it, obviously they did something right. I don't care for eminem and 50 cent, but i have to hand it to em, they have more money, fame, and other stuff than I do so they did something right. I can't say they suck...(but i do, bah what the hell am I arguing anyway, guess I'm being critical.)

Regardless of how much money he's made, I still think 50 Cents music sucks. Sorry to tell you. But you do agree.

I never argued with the only fact you brought up: the series made a lot of money, and continues to do so.
Does it or does it not suck?
That's a matter of opinion, isn't it?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Hahaha Rane, you're such an arrogant jerk, who do you think you are to have an unpopular opinion? A stupid outcast, that's who. Millions of fans all over the world can't be wrong, these aren't just fools who waste their time and money on drivel! You can try being objective or judging things by your perceived artistic values, but that sure won't make you any friends. Let me turn you on to the cutting edge, if you can handle it; you'd know LOTR was good if you read about it in this secret tome only cool people and real rockers know about (I know because it says so on my subscription card)...

coverusrollingstone.jpg

It's like rock n' roll without the music!​

I think Viggo says it best in here, "Peter Jackson has made the most effective 36 hours of film in cinema history."

Here here, I know that by the end I myself was on the verge of tears.

Just because a movie made a shitload of money doesnt mean its any good. And like slightly green mentioned previously, a persons opinion isnt wrong if it just happens to be in the minority. Thats the point of opinions, they're not something that you change just because everybody else doesnt agree with you.

Anyway, I'm pretty much overdosed on LOTR related films. More than 12 hours of it is apparently enough for me, so Im not really that interested in the Hobbit movie, and therefore dont really care who directs it.

CnC

Ad Oculos
"Griffith No More!" said:
http://www.infotechart.com/album/covermagus/coverusrollingstone.jpg

It's like rock n' roll without the music!

You read it for the articles? c'mon, she's totally being fucked by a wall!

TheBeast43105 said:
Anyway, I'm pretty much overdosed on LOTR related films. More than 12 hours of it is apparently enough for me, so Im not really that interested in the Hobbit movie, and therefore dont really care who directs it.

I agree. I enjoyed them at the time but right now I think I've got a LoTR hangover. If I hear that theme again I think I might hurl.

LoTR = Jager.

Personally I really enjoyed them, but they were still deeply flawed films. We will see how they hold up over time.
Skullgrin140 said:
Can I just say here, I am really Angry that Peter Jackson wont be able to Direct The Hobbit and I might be happy if he manages to get back in and try and Direct it.

Yes and we all know that the first thing on Jackson's mind is to make you happy.

Skullgrin140 said:
But even though Peter Jackson is a Superb Director who made the LOTR Trilogy into a True Masterpeice amoung film as we know it.

You really need to see more film. Superb Director and a True Masterpiece - I think I just vomited in my mouth.

Walter said:
...Jacksuck... Entirely Overrated ... OverUsed ... The Circular Pan. Also, Every Single Scene/

Jackson Can Eat a Bag of Hell.

I agree with some of what you said (though I enjoyed the films). But what the fuck is a bag of hell?

Skullgrin140 said:
I would actually love to see someone else try and direct The Hobbit. I would like to see Ridley Scott Direct the movie, Because he Directed Legend Only if he Uses Ian McKellen as Gandalf and Andy Serkis as Gollum and Weta is involved in this movie, I am sure it will be a success

You'd be angry if he doesn't do it. You'd love to see someone else do it. The words stream of consciousness come to mind every time I read one of your mystifying paragraphs. You really should write a novel.

I was really looking forward to that Halo movie :puck:

I liked the LOTR. But I hate the freaking theme song which im forced to hear everytime I come to this website. :puck:

Top Bottom