Episode 199

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
You know, Young Animal is officially released on _Friday_...
I _may_ learn a few things early, but let's be patient, OK? ^_^;
Im patient, im just making sure you remembered to check today.  8) If I knew where to look for your extremely advanced previews, Id look. But I dont.

puella

Berserk forever
198 was released Mar. 22
So 199 should be released Friday. Apr. 5
but the date was " 4. 12" in the end of the last pannel.
it means YA doesn't come out biweekly this time.
does it often happen? ::)
or some problem in Japan? ???

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
198 was released Mar. 22
does it often happen?  ::)
or some problem in Japan?  ???

Yes, they know that we wait in desperate anticipation and they do this deliberately!! >:(

Even now they point and laugh at us... :'(*goes to corner and weeps* :'(

198 was released Mar. 22
does it often happen?  ::)
Well, yeah, since Young Animal isn't bi-weekly: it's semi-monthly. ^_-
It (officially) comes out on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of every month.

Quick sum-up...

Guts thanks Isidro. He doesn't mind if someone else saves Casca, since "all he does is hurting her anyway".

They rescue an old man called Morgan.
Morgan explains that even if there were a lot of legends in this region, nobody believed them... until Trolls attacked the village a while ago (probably when Griffith reappeared?). In order to fight the Trolls, they decided to rely on another legend, and to ask for "the witch"'s help (Schierke, of course).

Anyway, Guts and his new friends go through one of Schierke's barriers and find her mansion (no, I don't know why they decided to go there in the first place... to help the village? ^^; ).
Puck seems to recognize a few things about that place (not necessarily because he's _been_ there, to my understanding... but it has something to do with magic and Elves/fairies/whatever, so...), and Guts, being... well... himself, gets in a fight with a new addition to the Berserk universe (Golems, Schierke's servants).

We don't know how they passed through Schierke's barrier.
Also, Guts feels "something" about that place. It's not the same feeling as with Apostles or specters (even if he keeps wondering if Schierke is an Apostle and whatnot ^^ ), but... Does his brand react to that as well?

(the Beast of Darkness makes a cameo, too ^^ )

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
golems? well that's something i didn't expect.

is there more detail on morgan? is he possibly one of griff's servants in disguise?

:-X

Thanks Olivier. Miura seems to be going all out fantasy lately. I hope he can get back on track soon.

Where did that fake Jeff K. post go? The Killcreek reference was great. ???

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Olivier. Miura seems to be going all out fantasy lately. I hope he can get back on track soon.
Yeah you know, cuz Zodd, the God Hand, Puck, fairy powder, the Skull Knight. I miss all that. I want all those non-fantasy elements back.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
C’mon you guys, let’s just face it, things have been totally off track since the prototype, I’ve been waiting 22 volumes for it to get back to that level again, but it just keeps getting more muddled.

Honestly folks, has anything introduced in the past few chapters not fit in with Berserk? “Troll” and “Golem” are just names, imagine if Apostles were called “Summon Monsters”. Anyway, the world is supposed to be changing because of Griffith’s arrival (he’s been described as looking like something out of a fairy tale himself, not to mention Mule’s intuition that what he’s going to see will be “Something out of legend”). Anyway, if you think things are looking a little too light and AD&Dish for your taste, just remember, this is only the setup, and it’s probably going to get a hell of a lot darker than ever before.

-Griffith

CnC

Ad Oculos
this is only the setup, and it’s probably going to get a hell of a lot darker than ever before.

i sure hope so.

Also, if you're gonna delete Jeff K's post then delete my retort too... now it just makes no sense ;D

Sarcasm... it's what's for dinner. You guys are kidding yourselves if you don' think the latest chapters have deviated from the harsh world where "monsters" actually have some foundation. Zoddo, Skull Knight, and Puck all represent more for Berserk than their conspicuous inhuman appearances. The impression that I get from the majority of the series is that humans and non-humans don't have much contact (unless Guts is involved). Griffith and Guts' conversation about demons and angels would also support this and that Guts' first time seeing Zoddo was perhaps one of his most terrifying experiences. Now all of the sudden there's a witch and trolls and who knows what else. How can all of these creatures (including apostles and elves) be simply construed as legends with so many of them in existence? Are people in Berserk really that oblivious or is that they always die after a "sighting"? If Miura starts introducing wizards and fire-breathing dragons he had better have a good explanation of why they are present, because externally, these things are assembly line products of fantasy.

I haven't read any of the new Berserk chapters, but I gotta agree with celt that all this shit about trolls and witches do seem kinda off.

Maybe I'll change my mind when I actually read them, but from hearin about it.... So far there hasn't been anything in Berserk that could be called "magic" in the typical fantasy sense, but now there's a witch that can cast spells? Sure the God Hand have strange powers... but it's not of the fireball castin type. And the only monsters that have been around so far were the apostles and their minions, who r all actually former humans, but now there r trolls? Is Miura runnin outta ideas and is now just stickin things in to create a more "typical" fantasy setting? I really hope he doesn't stick a dragon in there as well (unless it's a dragon apostle). The whole reason the Dragon Slayer is bein used to kill apostles is becuz there r no dragons in the Berserk world.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Sarcasm... it's what's for dinner. You guys are kidding yourselves if you don' think the latest chapters have deviated from the harsh world where "monsters" actually have some foundation.
What, the last three or four chapters? That’s totally subjective to how we receive the story (20 pages every two weeks), how many other times have a couple of isolated chapters deviated from the “harsh world where monster’s have foundation” before (it happens plenty in Lost Children yet we don’t notice because awesome it's in it’s entirety, and partly because of that deviation).

Zoddo, Skull Knight, and Puck all represent more for Berserk than their conspicuous inhuman appearances. The impression that I get from the majority of the series is that humans and non-humans don't have much contact (unless Guts is involved).
Guts isn’t involved in the last few chapters?

Now all of the sudden there's a witch and trolls and who knows what else. How can all of these creatures (including apostles and elves) be simply construed as legends with so many of them in existence?
Oh yeah, you’d think somebody would post about it on the Internet. :-X

Yes, they appear all of sudden; because of Griffith’s arrival, the things that go bump in the night are going (well, probably not, but they’re supposed to) to inherit the Earth, remember, the whole “Age of Darkness” thing? It's inferred that they were keeping a low profile before.

Are people in Berserk really that oblivious or is that they always die after a "sighting"?
Sighting at Apostle seems almost synomimous with death, don’t you think? :)

If Miura starts introducing wizards and fire-breathing dragons he had better have a good explanation of why they are present, because externally, these things are assembly line products of fantasy.
What/Why?!

-Griffith

Top Bottom