Heroes (spoilers within)

G

Genome

Does anyone knows the new TV show in USA, Heroes ? It's on the NBC channel.

If you do, don't you think that the Eclipse signal this taken form BERSERK ?

I do think that even if there are no "Gods".

Also some charactes are branded. Sound familiar to you ?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Genome said:
Does anyone knows the new TV show in USA, Heroes ? It's on the NBC channel.

Yeah, it's a nice show. Too bad we'll have to wait till January for the mid-season finale.

Genome said:
If you do, don't you think that the Eclipse signal this taken form BERSERK ?

Also some charactes are branded. Sound familiar to you ?

Sorry but I don't think it's related. Plus they're not branded, just tattooed. Since the relation to Berserk is pretty thin I moved your thread to StB, that way people can discuss the show if they feel like it.

G

Genome

Aazealh said:
Sorry but I don't think it's related. Plus they're not branded, just tattooed. Since the relation to Berserk is pretty thin I moved your thread to StB, that way people can discuss the show if they feel like it.

Whell, true, some have atatoo but others like the cop or the atomic man are branded. About the eclipe I just guess the story writors like the idea a use it as a sign for the begining of there epic.

And yes, that's a very nice show :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Genome said:
Whell, true, some have atatoo but others like the cop or the atomic man are branded.

I'm sorry but I don't think that's the case. They look like tattoos to me (and to a lot of others as far as I know).

Genome said:
About the eclipe I just guess the story writors like the idea a use it as a sign for the begining of there epic.

Yeah, it's a powerful symbol, but I don't think there's anything behind it.

I am totally addicted to this show... in the first couple of episodes that symbol appears all over... even in a pool formed by the pool vac and floatees...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_%28TV_series%29
check symbols section for other places they slipped it in

CnC

Ad Oculos
I've checked out the first episode and all I can say is that this better get better.

Its decent but the plot is far from original, enough so that it hasn't really grabbed me.
I'll stay tuned.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
I've checked out the first episode and all I can say is that this better get better.

It does. The first episode is actually only half of the pilot that was tweaked to be made into 2 episodes instead of one, and it shows. There are a couple of episodes among those that were released that are a bit slow-moving and focus on characters that aren't the most interesting among the cast, but globally I think it's a very nice series.

S

smoke

Never watched it. Looked kind of like it was conceived in an NBC board meeting.

"Okay, Lost is popular. Spiderman and X-men and all that shit is popular. Got it. We'll combine them. It's gold. Send it down the pipeline."

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I rarely watch TV these days, so it's good to hear that there's something decent on. I'll check it out down the road when it hits DVD, as I've heard a lot of good things about it so far.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Very enjoyable show! Both my wife and I have been watching it avidly since the first episode. Even though the plot is predictable and some of the time issues are a little sketchy, it is still good stuff. My favourite characters, you ask? Nathan and Mr. Bennet. Nathan because I enjoy seeing him a Chad-Asshole... and Mr. Bennet because he's a little more interesting than some of the other main characters.

One thing that bothers me... what is Niki's power, other than...

[hide]... being able to kick someone's ass when she's Jessica...?[/hide]
The whole thing has me a wee bit confused.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I'm skipping the above post for possible spoilers (Uriel's blurted some out in the past). This post is meant as a buffer for me :)

But other than that I've gotten through episode 3. S'looking pretty good but it still is not doing anything original, just drawing good themes from other sources (and tying them together to make an episode).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Urial, KING OF SPOILERS strikes again! :troll:

I've been meaning to catch up on Heroes after watching the first part of the premiere, but I've been so busy I haven't even caught up on shows I normally follow closely. I ... was vaguely interested in what I saw, but I keep hearing from everyone that it gets better and better so, I'll pick it up one day. Probably the DVD release, for me, like Rhombaad mentioned.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
Probably the DVD release, for me, like Rhombaad mentioned.

It's the way to go these days. No waiting between episodes, just seasons, and you'd normally have to wait between those anyway. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
One thing that bothers me... what is Niki's power, other than...

[hide]... being able to kick someone's ass when she's Jessica...?[/hide]

Well she has super-strength, that's enough of a power if you ask me. =) The thing is that so far, she hasn't been able to use her power by herself, it's only when she's in psycho mode (Jessica) that she manages to. It's probably just a question of mental blockage; it's a way not to make her character invincible right from the start. Now I imagine there could be a twist like "Jessica had super-strength and Niki's power is some weird emphatic thing so when Jessica died Niki absorbed her soul" but for now I'd prefer if she had just a MPD.

i've seen the first 5 episodes and i think it's interesting. it's not awesome but it has got the potential. the "superpowers" are surprisingly boring though, i mostly enjoy the show for the characters of Niki, Hiro, Ando, the cheerleader, and her father.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's interesting but I think it could be better. I still watch it every week though, it's my favorite show of the moment.

Aeglos

My sister is totally NUTS about that show... sadly it's still not licenced over here at Chile, so she shamelessly leeches the episodes from the net. She's been trying to get me to watch it... but seriously... Having to wait for Berserk episodes, Hajime no Ippo episodes, LOST episodes, I *really* don't feel like getting hooked on another episode wait fest for another series. And I just know if I watch it I'll get hooked... so.. is it really worth it to watch and wait for the damn episodes? Or it's just some X-men remix, which is the impresion I have of it?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Aeglos said:
Or it's just some X-men remix, which is the impresion I have of it?

It's not fair to say that. I think it's worth watching if you like to watch that kind of series in the first place, but to me it's not reaching its potential. There are highs and lows, some things they do well and some others they don't. I still think it could become great if the staff did things well.

Top Bottom