Same female apostle in volume 1 and 13?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Dog

Sorry if this doesn't belong here, but it seemed random (which is close to miscellanious), and couldn't find a more suitable place to put this.

Anyway, the demon that Guts kills in the very beginning of volume 1 looks (and is) an awful lot like the one that (assumedly) kills Carcus in volume 13 (during the eclipse).

Both disguise themselves as human women, both still have breasts in their true/demon form... hard to tell if they're actually the same (at least for me), because the one in Volume 1 has her hair sprawled out around her head, but the one in Volume 13 looks like it's just been brushed... not to mention, no colors.

Not sure why I even bothered to post this, seemed like something random and slightly interesting, I suppose. :carcus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah it's pretty obvious it's the same apostle. The Count also makes an appearance at the Eclipse, so, it's not an isolated cameo.

Dirty Dog

alright, I was pretty sure it was the same one, just not completely.
:guts:

I thought I saw the Count there, too, but didn't particularly feel like looking through those volumes just to find him.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dirty Dog said:
I thought I saw the Count there, too, but didn't particularly feel like looking through those volumes just to find him.

He's the one that broke Pippin's corpse in half in front of Guts, it's hard to miss. The Snake Baron's also in there, but he's less easy to spot. And then there's Volkov, the one who claimed Guts' left arm and who appeared again in recent volumes.

Anyway, there are already threads on the question (like this one), so in the future it would be nice if you could search for them before posting a new one. Thanks in advance. =)

there hasn't been alot of female apostles though, have there? only two comes to mind: Rochinu and the seducing one mentioned above.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
A.C said:
there hasn't been alot of female apostles though, have there? only two comes to mind: Rochinu and the seducing one mentioned above.

There has been more (see during the Eclipse), but they weren't "major" apostles. In general in terms of proportions I think they're far less than the males anyway.

you think there's a reason for that? males are usually more violent than females and so maybe the Idea of evil was mostly desired by the male part of humanity..

females would be more open to love, elves, magic and such. both Flora and Schierke are female... coincidence? i think not.

Dirty Dog

Aazealh said:
He's the one that broke Pippin's corpse in half in front of Guts, it's hard to miss. The Snake Baron's also in there, but he's less easy to spot. And then there's Volkov, the one who claimed Guts' left arm and who appeared again in recent volumes.

Anyway, there are already threads on the question (like this one), so in the future it would be nice if you could search for them before posting a new one. Thanks in advance. =)

sorry...? X_x

and @A.C: I just don't think that many women go to places where Beherits would be found (I'm guessing dark places, and places where many people have died), and even fewer are put into situations where they would use the Beherit to summon the God Hand.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
A.C said:
females would be more open to love, elves, magic and such. both Flora and Schierke are female... coincidence? i think not.
That's a REALLY broad generalization, and a false one too. I think you listed in your example some of the only women in the Berserk world who WOULD be open to your prescription of love, magic and elves.

What about all the females in the cave in vol 18? Looked to me like they fell in with the perfect crew to be future apostles, if it came to it, and they were just doing what FEEEELS good, and being open to LoVe and MaGiC and Stuff! :carcus:

Dirty Dog said:
I just don't think that many women go to places where Beherits would be found (I'm guessing dark places, and places where many people have died),
Like... fortune tellers? (Griffith). Or resting on a table (Count, which was near to his wife, btw), or in the forest (Rochine's).

and even fewer are put into situations where they would use the Beherit to summon the God Hand.
This is absurd. Are you saying females in the Berserk world aren't put into desperate situations? :schierke: Jill and Rochine's backgrounds contained great examples of common domestic abuse that could easily become the catalyst for a sacrificial ceremony.

Walter said:
I think you listed in your example some of the only women in the Berserk world who WOULD be open to your prescription of love, magic and elves.

what about Casca, Farnese, Luca, Jill, Sonia and Charlotte? it took some time for Farnese but if she could be open enough i can easily see the others start finding elves.

women in Berserk sure are victims of a harsh world which is pretty much ruled by men in this era, but they don't seem to have the bloodlust to revenge even if they are abused and would maybe not go on to living like Apostles.

the only non-Apostle that was somewhat ruthless was the Midland Queen but even she wasn't that bad. the rest only seemed to be suggested as evil because their lust gets the better of them (Snail count's wife) but is that really evil? after all, Idea wanted the Count, not his wife.

Walter said:
What about all the females in the cave in vol 18? Looked to me like they fell in with the perfect crew to be future apostles

that's an example, but just like with the shady anonymous female apostles at the ceremony, we never get any solid evil characters we can judge.

Dirty Dog

Walter said:
Like... fortune tellers? (Griffith). Or resting on a table (Count, which was near to his wife, btw), or in the forest (Rochine's).
This is absurd. Are you saying females in the Berserk world aren't put into desperate situations?  :schierke: Jill and Rochine's backgrounds contained great examples of common domestic abuse that could easily become the catalyst for a sacrificial ceremony.
meh, guess you're right. >.<

and A.C, women are no less capable of evil than a man is. Especially in the case of Berserk's storyline where you see them generally treated like horseshit most of the time.
Most women might not have a bloodlust, but then again I don't think that most of the apostles did when they were men. Like, in the case of the Count. He was full of bloodlust after becoming an apostle (Slan's pretty damn bloodthirsty too), but he wasn't before he became one. [You come home and catch your wife fucking a goat statue in the middle of a giant orgy and see if you don't wanna kill anyone.]

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I think there's a lot of elements you're not considering here A.C. All in all women don't seem particularly better than men in Berserk, and their lesser exposure isn't surprising if you take into consideration the fact that men are more likely to become warriors.

chaoscontrol said:
Where do beherits come from anyway?

Read volume 13 again, it's right in there. Or search for the answer in old threads. Thread locked because it's not going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom