Episode 198

M

Marcus

Yep, Hail to the Witch!! I thought Isidro was going to do some damage tho, guess not :-X

Miura knows his stuff...

"Page 9"
Yod-He-Vau-He
Adonai Tzabaoth
Eheieh
Agla

Well, that's indeed how you perform the banishing of the pentagram. ^^;
("Yod-He-Vau-He" is better known as "YHVH", ie "Yahweh", by the way)

And on "page 12", Schierke talks about "the flow of the od". The "od" is also called the "odic force" or the "odyllic force", ie the "vital fluid" said to be flowing through all living beings.

M

Marcus

And on "page 12", Schierke talks about "the flow of the od". The "od" is also called the "odic force" or the "odyllic force", ie the "vital fluid" said to be flowing through all living beings.

Sounds like the Force from Star Wars ^^;;

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Mini-Rant: Geez, doesn’t anybody want to see a story progress anymore? “THE END!? THE END!?” Hush.

This chapter was cool, my favorite pic was Schierke’s haunting eyes at the end (despite the badass two-page spread of the fleeing trolls).

-Griffith

P.S. Thank Puells, and hail the witch.

P.P.S. Isidro's got a girlfriend!!! ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The whole Roshinu sequence, what the hell did that have to do with the story anyhow?  
Too bad thats a lot of people's favorite story arc (me, cronus, and even skully included). It was a great idea on Miura's part. For one, it got the reader to see Guts from am alternate perspective, showing us just how crazy he had become. And second, it was our first (and only, so far) really in depth character study of an apostle.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
For one, it got the reader to see Guts from am alternate perspective, showing us just how crazy he had become.
ummmm....I though we already knew how insane in the membrane he was :D

And second, it was our first (and only, so far) really in depth character study of an apostle.
Good point. But who cares about that particular apostle. I wanna see more about Zodd or the Skullknight. Imagine a whole volume dedicated to either one of these two!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ummmm....I though we already knew how insane in the membrane he was :D
Hey thats pretty funny!
Good point. But who cares about that particular apostle. I wanna see more about Zodd or the Skullknight. Imagine a whole volume dedicated to either one of these two!
Well maybe YOU dont care about her, but unfortunately, there are other fans that care about her. Miura will get to his main characters. And honestly, what the hell would an entire volume of Zodd or SK be doing in the middle of the series? Like I said, he'll get to them.

Great Chapter!!!!! Really love the two page spreads by Miura, he seems to be getting better every chapter. Now, after seeing so many trolls I was thinking that maybe they were created by an apostle or they could just be random creatures and nothing special.

Now, after seeing so many trolls I was thinking that maybe they were created by an apostle or they could just be random creatures and nothing special.
If they aren't "Shito Modoki" ("semi-Apostles") created by some _true_ Apostle, I don't know what they are...
They could be something "new", as the Berserk world is "changing"and is becoming more of a heroic-fantasy world because of Griffith's return...

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
In the previous chapter Miura did show the mark of Caska bleeding while the first troll approached, and so far we have seen the mark react that way only to godhands, apostles, spirits, and possessed. Since Miura did take great care to show us that particular is no doubt important.

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
In the previous chapter Miura did show the mark of Caska bleeding while the first troll approached, and so far we have seen the mark react that way only to godhands, apostles, spirits, and possessed. Since Miura did take great care to show us that particular is no doubt important.

in otherwords, they react to "evil" for lack of a better term. they really might just be another race, seperate from apostles, kinda like faeries, but since they're (presumably) bad, it makes the brand react. i think they even say something about the brand reacting to "evil" when gattsu fights femto in volume 3, don't they?

in otherwords, they react to "evil" for lack of a better term. they really might just be another race, seperate from apostles, kinda like faeries, but since they're (presumably) bad, it makes the brand react. i think they even say something about the brand reacting to "evil" when gattsu fights femto in volume 3, don't they?

Without Volume 3 to refer to at the moment, I would say that the translation as 'evil' is off. 'ma' has many connotations and one of them is indeed 'evil.' However knowing what we know now about the hierarchy of GH, Idea, etc, the meaning clearly is 'magic' or 'sorcery.' Since apostles are essentially no longer human and have crazy powers presumably by the will of the God Hand (beings of 'magic') that is what makes the brand react, not whether they're more of a bastard than the others :)

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
What I wanted to point out was that the trolls could be controlled by someone (an apostle ?) and that someone did have a purpose for the attack. And that purpose was probably Caska, and Caska alone, since, with so many of them, it would be easy for them to attack Gutts also. And don't tell me that they were afraid, because to give them their due, none of the members of the "Evil Kindom" was never afraid of Gutts. True, Dragonslayer could cut them to pieces but they attacked neverthless.

Happy  Easter to you all !

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
What I wanted to point out was that the trolls could be controlled by someone (an apostle ?) and that someone did have a purpose for the attack. And that purpose was probably Caska, and Caska alone, since, with so many of them, it would be easy for them to attack Gutts also. And don't tell me that they were afraid, because to give them their due, none of the members of the "Evil Kindom" was never afraid of Gutts. True, Dragonslayer could cut them to pieces but they attacked neverthless.
Wow. I really need to start paying more attention. I kinda gave up analyzing Berserk a few volumes ago, glad to see other people do the work for me! ;D Excellent assertion Roberto!

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Miura knows his stuff...

"Page 9"
Yod-He-Vau-He
Adonai Tzabaoth
Eheieh
Agla

Well, that's indeed how you perform the banishing of the pentagram. ^^;
("Yod-He-Vau-He" is better known as "YHVH", ie "Yahweh", by the way)

Is that the lesser banishing? I think so, but I doubt it be enough for anything but peace for one self.
The japanase authors are very influenced by the Kabala, btw...Has anyone noticed Sydney Losstarot and the rituals in Vagrant Story?
On the other side of news,
just finished watching X Tv episode 16...very kewl.
I read Sanctuary, excellent stuff Ikegami, and now on Strain.
It's Easter In The Tombs.

hm. I think that we're supposed to have drawn some parallels between the old Band of the Hawk and Guts' new band of hooligans.

bear with me in my pseudologic:
- Guts:Farnese:Serpico::Griffith:Casca:Guts

here's a few i'm less confident with
- Guts:Isidro::Gambino:Guts (minus the abuse and prostitution).
- Guts:Millenium Falcon Arc::Witch Girl:this arc

Perhaps the new group will mirror the different stages in guts' life? (horrible childhood, Hawks, Soloing out of revenge, new band)?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Too bad thats a lot of people's favorite story arc (me,  cronus, and even skully included).

and mine. a self contained story with such raw emotion and great art to convey it... what else can you ask for?

The_Stick

"Shoot for the moon. That way, if you miss it
Thank you Puella! ;D
Btw, how long do you usually keep the chapters up on your site?

BOB

poruno sutâ
shit i missed it cos right now i can only go online at work :'(
and i wasn't working during the easter days. *crying silently*

Top Bottom