Episode 197

As usual, I don't know much about that episode yet, and there could be a few mistakes, but...

It looks like Serpico made it clear he'll eventually kill Guts. ^_^;
Also, Schierke appears by the end of the episode. I guess she'll probably join the "team" during that "troll episode"?

(wow... lots of couples in that new team... Guts/Casca, Farnese/Serpico, Guts/Farnese (OK, not really a couple... but they kinda remind me of the Griffith/Casca one), ... and maybe Puck/new Elf, or even Isidro/Schierke? ^___^; )

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like Serpico made it clear he'll eventually kill Guts. ^_^;
Wh-wh-WHY?! Im speculating it has something to do with Farneeze's recent change of character... Perhaps he thinks its destructive?

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Wh-wh-WHY?! Im speculating it has something to do with Farneeze's recent change of character... Perhaps he thinks its destructive?
I think you may be right. Or perhaps its jealousy??

puella

Berserk forever
Well, Serpico said that before in vol.19 or 20 ::) when he attacked Guts on the narrow path of cliff.
No doubt he always has that thought.
then he is always lookout for the chance as well?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Serpico said that before in vol.19 or 20 ::) when he attacked Guts on the narrow path of cliff.
No doubt he always has that thought.
then he is always lookout for the chance as well?
I dunno about that. I dont think he foresaw how Farneeze eventually handled her beliefs. I think originally he thought it would drive her insane for her beliefs to be contradicted, but it had the opposite effect. SHe is more or less, more stable now than ever. Hence, why its curious that Serpico has a beef with Farneeze.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
I think you may be right. Or perhaps its jealousy??
way back, after the kidnapping scene, Serpico found her half naked and asking him to kill Gutts (me too after 196  ;D )
when the two of them clashed on the cliff, Serpico said (in the italian version of the manga that I own) "besides she find you a little too much stimulating": I think you are not too far from truth with your jeaoousy theory

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
way back, after the kidnapping scene, Serpico found her half naked and asking him to kill Gutts (me too after 196  ;D )
when the two of them clashed on the cliff, Serpico said (in the italian version of the manga that I own) "besides she find you a little too much stimulating": I think you not too far from truth with your jeaoousy theory
Hmm. Very cool stuff. So far we've always seen Serpico as a more or less, Ideal kinda guy. Few flaws, cool and in control. This would be a more human, primal development. Id like to see this happen personally.

puella

Berserk forever
So far we've always seen Serpico as a more or less, Ideal kinda guy. Few flaws, cool and in control.
At that point, can Serpico be compared to Jeaudo?
Of course, they are different guys but I think they have something common at the same time in terms of the following.

1) they love a girl who love Guts -_-
2) they have a good self-control
3) they have a good skill of fighting
4) they are blond :p
5) they are very popular to female readers :-[

and their differencies are
1) Serpico has a horrible childhood nightmare
2) Judeau is sorta innocent guy but Serpico is much close to a sly guy
3) Judeau worshipped Griffith but I don't know what or who Serpico really worships.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
to what end?

Also, is the secret to servicing female readers to create a character who is obcessed with another female character, yet is obviously never going to see any action at all?

That pattern flows from Judeau to Serpico...I wonder...

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
One major difference about Judeau and Serpico is this:

-Judeau would rather have Caska be happy at the expense of this own happiness.

-Serpico, although cool, seems to have a certain darkside attribute about him. The old saying 'if i cant have her, no one can' comes to mind.

But my question is this...does Serpico love Farnese as a sibling or does he romantically love her?

If the former, then he may have a 'your not good enough for her' mentality towards the situation. If the latter, then it could be jealousy.

Should we even call it 'love', cause it may be obession.

i dont remember anyone saying that Farneze actually loved Guts. it could be nothing more than curiousity and immense admiration for his strength.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Nor do I, but beside the fact the curiosity and admiration are normally not strong enough motives to have you leave everything (Don't you really believe that her family had not the means to cover everything? I will not be surprised if they are related to the Pope or whatever of their church) to follow a hard and dangerous life, there are things that need not to be said.

Moreover I don't understand: Caska offered much less evidence and for almost everyone she was, and she is yet, the returned,  by some, or unreturned by others,lover of Griffith and Farnese not of Gutts?

well, isnt that what all the Hawks did? they left everything they had (albeit not much) to follow Griffith. Guts and Caska as well. i dunno, it could happen especially if the persons half crazy.

puella

Berserk forever
So does Serpico not know how powerful Guts is?
I don't think so. Serpico knows it better than anyone else.

Also, is the secret to servicing female readers to create a character who is obcessed with another female character, yet is obviously never going to see any action at all?

That pattern flows from Judeau to Serpico...I wonder...
yeah, maybe for many of female readers though I don't like such a kind of love. At least, that is not a service For me.
I did and do want Judeau and Serpico to find another girl.

MarkedSwordsman

Am I cool or what?
Yeah...well, maybe he has a chance if he can get him in his sleep or something.  I guess I should wish Serpico good luck, he is going to need it.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Yeah...well, maybe he has a chance if he can get him in his sleep or something. I guess I should with Serpico good luck, he is going to need it.

well by now i'm sure Guts is used to sleeping with one eye open... which for him would kinda be all his eyes.. ah hell its an expression.

puella

Berserk forever
197 more

Isidor looks back into the past...

* He was running away from a man with food and water.
After all, Isidor got caught by the man but he gave Isidor a fruit in mercy.
However, our Isidor stole all the food from the man and ran off again.*

Serpico says to Guts " Let's go pick up some firewood"
but Guts does notice Serpico wants to complete their unfinished duel this time.
"I have something to tell you about what you think I want to kill you" Serpico says "I want to get along with you"  
He continues "I'll follow Farnese as her servant as long as she keeps going on this reckless journey which she's wanted for a long time.
However, if our journey leads to her death, I'll fight and kill you"
At that moment, they hear Farnese's shriek.
Guts, Serpico and Isidor rush to two girls.
There is a brigant-looking trying to attack Farnese and Caska.
Isidor stones him. 'He' is a very awesome hairy thing.Puck says "Gosh! this is not a human being!"
Isidor thinks to himself "He is the very troll the old man said, Maybe?"
Isidor decides to get away first but changes noticing the troll is small.
He makes up his mind to fight against the troll with his sword
and Shirieke and an elf see them in the distance...

and Many mistakes can be seen in puella's post....

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Whoa! This sounds like an excellent chapter now. I cant wait for the Isidro fight. It all reminds me of Kenshin vol 25 (Yahiko VS proton cannon  ;D )

Fire_flame

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
:D :D
An interesting chapter you got the summary from

http://www.geocities.co.jp/AnimeComic/7667/berserk_YoungAnimal.htm ???

Top Bottom