Episode 197

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
197 more

"I'll follow Farnese as her servant as long as she keeps going on this reckless journey which she's wanted for a long time.
However, if our journey leads to her death, I'll fight and kill you"
Whoa!! Serpico sounds confident he can kill Gutts!

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
"I want to get along with you" Sepico says " I have always been thinking dying in front of you 'bleeding'"
According to the page above, Serpico says:

"Watashi wa anata ni wa shinde itadakitai to omotte imasu"

He's saying that he'd prefer to have Guts dead, I believe... not that he wants to die for Guts. ^_^

But apparently he also makes clear that he won't make any attempt on Guts' life unless it looks like Farneze is going to die.

Which, to me, sounds like EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. *blinks* Every moment she's around Guts, her life is in danger. =p~ Either Serpico has confidence in Guts' ability to protect, or he's looking for an excuse to fight him. *grin*

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Ah, you meant that Serpico wanted to die at the hand of Guts, right?

I considered that too... but I'm fuzzy on the translation.

"watashi wa anata ni wa shinde itadakitai"

The structure is slightly confusing, but I *think* he's saying he wants Guts dead, not that he wants to die in front of Guts.

Seems like if it were the other way, he'd say "anata no te de shinde itadakitai"...

Of course I could be wrong still, since I'm not 100% sure on the structure there. It may take Olivier to confirm or refute this. ^_^;

puella

Berserk forever
Ah, you meant that Serpico wanted to die at the hand of Guts, right?
Well. not wanted, more exactly "maybe I'll die because of you"
butttt! I modified my '197 more' post because....

"watashi wa anata ni wa shinde itadakitai"
Well, it's been 12years since I quit learning Japanese. :-X
So, I don't know much about this sentence but I found out it means  "I have something to tell you about what you think I want to kill you"---- this is more exact I think.
"bleeding---"is wrong translation because it is from Korean translation done by translation tool  :p

Of course I could be wrong still, since I'm not 100% sure on the structure there.  It may take Olivier to confirm or refute this. ^_^;
yeah, agree. you know I'm a big fan of Serpico? :-[
I myself want to know exact meaning of that conversation.
Oh, I should start learning Japanese.

and I'm not 120% sure on the structure, either.

*** I modified this post four times.*gasps*

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Serpico will be sooo dead once he faces Gatsu in an open field. He's sneaky, pretty wise and observative, and most of all, a great tactician.
But nothing of that will matter once he pisses off Gatts.
And I don't know jack about Japanese, but I guess that all the "kill you talk" was just a demonstration of his alignment to Farnese, as in "older brother to boyfriend" attitude.
Anyway, I doubt they'll ever fight for real. It would be so sad to see a character like Serpico spalttered across two pages, the eyes gazing in disbelief - "but how...my ultramegasuperduper wolf technique...failed???"
:D

take care all, I'm off drinking

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
No one is invincible or invulnerable. Greater heroes have fallen to lesser adversaries , especially when the author decides so

CnC

Ad Oculos
No one is invincible or invulnerable. Greater heroes have fallen to lesser adversaries , especially when the author decides so

true... but no way Guts is dying... that would make the past 22 books pointless

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
Serpico will be sooo dead once he faces Gatsu in an open field. He's sneaky, pretty wise and observative, and most of all, a great tactician.
But nothing of that will matter once he pisses off Gatts.
And I don't know jack about Japanese, but I guess that all the "kill you talk" was just a demonstration of his alignment to Farnese, as in "older brother to boyfriend" attitude.
Anyway, I doubt they'll ever fight for real. It would be so sad to see a character like Serpico spalttered across two pages, the eyes gazing in disbelief - "but how...my ultramegasuperduper wolf technique...failed???"
:D

take care all, I'm off drinking

Have a pint for me man...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
true... but no way Guts is dying...  that would make the past 22 books pointless
Well I dont think we're talking about any immediate death here. Things will of course, have to be accomplished before Guts death, if and when it occurs.

Hi,

<"Watashi wa anata ni wa shinde itadakitai to omotte imasu"

He's saying that he'd prefer to have Guts dead, I believe... not that he wants to die for Guts. ^_^ >

Literally, it'd be something along the lines of:
"I am thing that I want to receive the favour (from you) of your death."

The above being said, I'd probably translate the offending line as "I'm thinking I'd rather you were dead." So, pretty much what Master Graywords suggested.

No doubt Olivier, or Ranemaka or Cronus perhaps, will enlighten us if we're all wrong.

Namirrha

Hi,

He's saying that he'd prefer to have Guts dead, I believe... not that he wants to die for Guts. ^_^ >

Literally, it'd be something along the lines of:
"I am thing that I want to receive the favour (from you) of your death."

Ugh. I hate how they explain things in those crappy books sometimes, it just sounds absolutely ludicrous, but the explanation is needed to a degree...

The above being said, I'd probably translate the offending line as "I'm thinking I'd rather you were dead." So, pretty much what Master Graywords suggested.

No doubt Olivier, or Ranemaka or Cronus perhaps, will enlighten us if we're all wrong.

And for my 100th post on this board...it sounds right to me. ;D
I guess I would have said it as "Biiitch, do me a favah and get yo foo' ass dyin' like a mutha fucka!"
Or maybe I'm just getting out of practice... :-X

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
a45.jpg

Alf?

a46.jpg

Vivi?​

Badass pictures actually, especially Shirieke, there's hope for that witch yet...

-Griffith

roberto999

Thank you Griffith.We are going better. It is true that one swallow does not make a summer, but at least we can hope now.

roberto999

geoshitty!
it says wait an hour!  >:(
Ah. It is their (geocities)godamned policy of download. that if you don't pay....On second thought that is a compliment for them. They first offer you a service gratis,afterwards you had to pay for it

roberto999

Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.
Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.

In english that it is the message don't it?

Top Bottom