Episode 196

Just a few vague details for now... I'm not sure about all that, but we'll see soon enough, right?

It looks like a new character just appeared (yes, another one).
Apparently, he (I assume it's a "he") is an Apostle, and it looks like he may very well join Guts' party! :eek:
I read something about him being one of Zoddo's rivals? Maybe it's only a theory though?...

Also, somebody said that "it looks like the princess is still alive". Charlotte? Is she mentioned?

'Looks interesting...

i think miura visits this board. most of our discussions are beginning to show up in the manga.
QUICK! SOMEBODY MENTION GAISERIC AND SKULLY!!! :p

puella

Berserk forever
i think miura visits this board. most of our discussions are beginning to show up in the manga.
QUICK! SOMEBODY MENTION GAISERIC AND SKULLY!!! :p
hahaha~ if so, can I be looking forward to Theresia's comeback? ;D

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
It looks like a new character just appeared (yes, another one).Apparently, he (I assume it's a "he") is an Apostle, and it looks like he may very well join Guts' party! :eek:I read something about him being one of Zoddo's rivals? Maybe it's only a theory though?…
Badass, an Apostle without a cause (if he really is some kind of a rogue immortal, that would be so cool, think of the talks he could have with Guts, the insight into the dark side as it were). Or perhaps, it’s Skull Knight’s alter ego…Bone Rider. ;D (aside from the crude humor, I’m actually serious about this)

-Griffith

Ugg. I hope this character is promptly killed. I really would like to see Guts get through this with no physical help from some random new apostle. Serpico, Farnese, and Isidro are kind of a joke as far as help goes so they don't really count. If, on the other hand, he's just a mentor...why? There are too many established characters that are dying for development. Oh well, we shall see.

CnC

Ad Oculos
this is interesting... can't wait to see what this new character looks like, well Guts IS gonna need some supernatural help to deal with the new army. I mean he IS a badass, but damn.... whens the date for this again?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ugg. I hope this character is promptly killed. I really would like to see Guts get through this with no physical help from some random new apostle. Serpico, Farnese, and Isidro are kind of a joke as far as help goes so they don't really count. If, on the other hand, he's just a mentor...why? There are too many established characters that are dying for development. Oh well, we shall see.

Guts IS gonna need some supernatural help to deal with the new army. I mean he IS a badass, but damn....
Am I the only one that sees the newly introduced apostle as the best chance Guts has of curing his "problem" so far?

Am I the only one that sees the newly introduced apostle as the best chance Guts has of curing his "problem" so far?
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "problem". If you mean his desire to kill apostles and confront Griffith, in other words his beast, then I sort of see what you're trying to say. Do we really want to see Guts change in that way ? I like the beast aspect personally because it really represents the unstable person that Guts is. Alas, the rate at which characters are being introduced is just kind of pissing me off when you get down to it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "problem".  If you mean his desire to kill apostles and confront Griffith, in other words his beast, then I sort of see what you're trying to say. Do we really want to see Guts change in that way ? I like the beast aspect personally because it really represents the unstable person that Guts is. Alas, the rate at which  characters are being introduced is just kind of pissing me off when you get down to it.
Um...too bad that if the beast took over, there would only be 2 established characters left in the world of Berserk =). The beast must be rid of, or at least controlled...this much is certain. Did you not pick that up from chapters 187-189?

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
This new character will most likely play a mentor-like role to Gutts. And he will even more likely be killed off protecting something. A noble death....and I will then bow my head in honor......

Well that would be awesome in my opinion!!

Hey, I wonder if this new apostle and the Skullkngiht now each other?? I'm as gitty a school bully ichtin' to procure some lunch money!!

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
Cool! ;D What do u mean "he"? What does "he" look like? I can't wait to see him/her.

Guts is going to need all the help he need but like Stone Cold always say: DTA (Don't trust anybody).

lyricaldanichan

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun!
I forgot if this was ever mention, but did it come across anybody mind that Charolette could be pregnant? She did infact loose herself to Griffith before he became Femento. And the mention of Charolette in 196 makes me wonder if that will be a factor. Hmm it is Feb 22 in Japan right now.. hmm :)

Danielle

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
I forgot if this was ever mention, but did it come across anybody mind that Charolette could be pregnant? She did infact loose herself to Griffith before he became Femento.  And the mention of Charolette in 196 makes me wonder if that will be a factor.  Hmm it is Feb 22 in Japan right now.. hmm :)

Danielle

It's been a while since the festival. Long enough for a child to already be born. It's been what 2-3 years manga wise since the festival. Not to mention Griffith was imprisoned for a year even before the festival. So.... No I don't think she's pregnant or ever was pregnant.

Um...too bad that if the beast took over, there would only be 2 established characters left in the world of Berserk =). The beast must be rid of, or at least controlled...this much is certain. Did you not pick that up from chapters 187-189?
I'm aware of what happened in those chapters. :p It's just that I don't care anymore if the beast takes over. To me that would be fitting of the devastation in Berserk, and if Casca or whoever else may be killed, so be it. It would be kind of interesting to have Guts and Griffith the last men standing. They do make the majority of the story after all.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
oh good god.
What’s the matter, don’t like trolls?

t2-nilbog.jpg

-Griffith

P.S. By the way, the story isn’t meeting my silly personal expectations, boo hoo!

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
i hope this doesn't distract from the trek to elf-hame. i really wanna see that arc come to completion.
i also agree that gattsu could use a supernatural hand... although the apostle is probably just going to be a spy or something. unless griffith's right & the new apostle is going to be, in terms of plot advancement, a new skull knight.
i have to disagree with walter, though, in regards to the beast being something gatts needs to resolve immediately. i think that the beast is intregal to the character developement of gatts. it'll probably be a very long while before he'll be able to conqueror the beast. in order for him to conqueror the beast, he'd first have to resolve his feelings for 1) caska, 2) griffith, 3) the nature of his world. in essence, he'd have to come to terms with his emotions completely before he could conqueror the beast. then i think they'd have to change the manga's title from "berserk" to "killer vulcan man with big sword." in other words, i don't think that the beast issue will be resolved in the current volume, or even the current story arc, but more of a final conclusion to the story of berserk.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
i have to disagree with walter, though, in regards to the beast being something gatts needs to resolve immediately. i think that the beast is intregal to the character developement of gatts. it'll probably be a very long while before he'll be able to conqueror the beast. in order for him to conqueror the beast, he'd first have to resolve his feelings for 1) caska, 2) griffith, 3) the nature of his world. in essence, he'd have to come to terms with his emotions completely before he could conqueror the beast. then i think they'd have to change the manga's title from "berserk" to "killer vulcan man with big sword." in other words, i don't think that the beast issue will be resolved in the current volume, or even the current story arc, but more of a final conclusion to the story of berserk.
Think of it this way, the beast "attacks" are getting more frequent, and at this rate, Casca wont be alive much longer. SOMETHING will have to be done about the beast. Im not saying this new apostle will be the one that, with guts "finishes it off" but it could be a first good step in the right direction.
And dont worry, Im sure Elfhame is still the obvious direction the story is taking...Youll get your happy (or long dead) elves soon enough.

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
hmmm, yes, i suppose the apostle might help set gattsu along the right path. it'd also be interesting if the beast wasn't something unique to gatts... maybe it's something pre-apostles typically see, and then it overcomes them completely. that'd be rather interesting.

as for the elves... i'm kinda hoping for at least a few survivors. i'm pretty sure griffith was smart enough to sack the elf city and kill off most everybody. after all, when you're a godhand reborn, your only real problems would be from supernatural opponents. might as well nip that in the bud. my guess is that when gatts gets there, it'll either be under siege or mostly destroyed. or both, i suppose.

The Troll is only menitoned in this episode, apparently...
We learn a few things about the war situation around Midland, and what will happen to the kingdom, even if the Kushan are defeated...

Also, you may be glad to hear that they're about to cross the sea/ocean. Elfhelm may not be _that_ far away, now...

Top Bottom