Episode 196

Impressive!

196-01.jpg

Thanks Puella!

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Well you know how we all feel about your efforts, so lets all say thank you to her in our native language.

Muchos Gracias Puella!!

** you guys ever seen Serpico's pupil?
A far as I rememer, "it" isn't much in the manga.

Your right, its a rare thing to see. But I do remember his eyes open one time. I'm not even sure if it was a close-up.

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
I'm sooooo happy to see my two favorite guys, Serpico and kuri Puck, have the same eyes!
I love their narrow eyes soooooo much! 8)
http://myhome.dreamx.net/miendam/196-01.jpg

Thanks Puella. ;)

Lliugusamui

around the corner
thank you puella  :-*
has someone understand what farneze is troubled about ? ( it's kinda obvious, actually ... )

you know what, that troll that we don't see the head is gonna make me crazy : i wanna see his face ! what a comble waiting 197 whereas 196 is just out, but it's stroonger than me !!

Lliugusamui

around the corner
So when is 197 expected to be out?

i think we should calm down and appreciate 196 for the moment^^
but there is a way of pointing your interest deeply in 197 in creating a new thread at this effect ; am i wrong ?

Kenoh-Sama

i think we should calm down and appreciate 196 for the moment^^
but there is a way of pointing your interest deeply in 197 in creating a new thread at this effect ; am i wrong ?

Nope. Your quite right. Best appreciate what we have now before we embrace any new things. Besides the typical intense analysis over the latest chapter by this forum hasn't even started yet!!!

Vermillion

Nope. Your quite right. Best appreciate what we have now before we embrace any new things. Besides the typical intense analysis over the latest chapter by this forum hasn't even started yet!!!

Agreed. First we need to know what is being said.....Griffith, Olivier, Cronus?? Your respective expertise are needed yet again!! :p

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
walter's translation:

Guts and Isidro practice, Serpico loses a bet and gets food taken from him by puck, Farneeze is stupid and gets lost. Guts is pissed that she got lost. old man says that there are a lot of ships ahead. and a troll

Also, who else thinks something "special" should happen at chapter 200? I know this is an american comic "thing" and it normally doesnt happen in manga, but hey...I can hope!

Kenoh-Sama

Agreed. First we need to know what is being said.....Griffith, Olivier, Cronus?? Your respective expertise are needed yet again!! :p

Yeah, where is Griffith so I can argue with him!!! ;)

MarkedSwordsman

Am I cool or what?
And so who said I didn't appreciate 196?  I was simply asking when 197 was supposed to be out.  I didn't imply anything more, and no one should have thought that I did.

Anyway, I don't care that much so everyone just get back to 196 talk.

Kenoh-Sama

walter's translation:

Guts and Isidro practice, Serpico loses a bet and gets food taken from him by puck, Farneeze is stupid and gets lost. Guts is pissed that she got lost. old man says that there are a lot of ships ahead. and a troll

Also, who else thinks something "special" should happen at chapter 200? I know this is an american comic "thing" and it normally doesnt happen in manga, but hey...I can hope!

Foil cover? Holographic Skull Knight on the horse? Oh, limited black POLYBAGGED young animal with the bleeding brand on it....

Thank god it's not a U.S. title....

Honestly tho' I'm not sure. It wouldn't suprise me if they just treated it as just another chapter. But then who knows.

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
Thank you,Re: Episode 196

Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you, Puella.  ;D  You r a god.

Its nice to see the kid do some training.  Guts is going to bring a world of pain on his ass.  I hope to see him become a badass like Guts!

Those anyone have the translation for this?  I wonder what training tips does Guts have to say.

Vermillion

Re: Thank you,Episode 196

Guts is going to bring a world of pain on his ass.

must.....resist urge to.......mock.....chinmi's post.....

:p j/k

Your right though. Isidro will never be as tough, resilient or skilled as Guts, but the kid does have one helluva fighting instructor, even if Guts wont ever see it that way.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Foil cover? Holographic Skull Knight on the horse? Oh, limited black POLYBAGGED young animal with the bleeding brand on it....

Thank god it's not a U.S. title....

Honestly tho' I'm not sure. It wouldn't suprise me if they just treated it as just another chapter. But then who knows.
haha!! Polybags. Good Lord can you possibly have a more blatantly low-class marketing scheme? I was 12 and even I didnt buy into that stuff...

Anyway, I did a bit of research on the god-like Berserk page of http://www.geocities.co.jp/AnimeComic-Cell/8900/ and found that Chapter 100 was just the first chapter in volume 15...Nothing big or anything at all. Oh well. I guess Im just too Americanized.

Indeed, a case of the Pippin syndrome. :-X

As for this troll (thanks for the scans), I can't help but laugh. I'm seeing the abominable snowman from the claymation Christmas special with Rudolph and that dentist elf.

wunwong

NOw...To gEt mY hANds uNstUcK.....
AH!!! Thanks puella!! I can feel the hot, burning shot of a new Berserk chapter as I inject it directly ino my brain......

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
AAAAHHHHHH I died and ended in the hell of the shojo manga for my sins. No, Puella, please tell me that it is a parody of yours. Ahhh ahhh .. amusing ...all so cute...so pastoral ... better than the black rose... it so Puella you little joker... is it so ? True? Do you see I also laugh...
;D :( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
again, im confused...
what are you talking about?
Have you gone  in that chamber of horror that is episode 196? and do you ask? Chip and Dale are the sole members of the cast absent the roll-call. Besides the fact that in one pannel Gutts has the TWO eyes open (pag.16 pannel 3)

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Have you gone  in that chamber of horror that is episode 196? and do you ask? Chip and Dale are the sole members of the cast absent the roll-call. Besides the fact that in one pannel Gutts has the TWO eyes open (pag.16 pannel 3)

*laughs*´now that you said it it certainly looks like he has two eyes there. Although I suspect a trick of the scans, not enough detail showing up... *snickers*

Now now, think you are a bit unfair. We need these little pastoral idylls now and again to make us apprechiate the rest. And whatever better way to show that the trip actually has taken some time? That the roles within the group has begun to crystalise?

It seems that serpico has been landed with being cook, and general handyman... *snickers* since Farneze wasn't up to the job, and who the hell would trust Isidoro with food?

Speaking of Farneze... it's her that's the star of this issue... Poor thing. Her confidence is really down the drain, ain't it? She can't cook. She can't wash (and I did wonder what happened to Isidoro's shirt,....). She can't fight. She can't catch rabbits. And she can't even watch Casca properly, and gets lost while trying to find her...

I think it's a wonderful little episode of her crisis. Going from useless but semi respected commander of the HICK's to being nothing but baggage. Gatts look as he just turned away was priceless...

Another important fact that surfaces in this episode... since Gatts has got companions, he at least seems able to relax more. Casca looks relaxed again, perhaps she is not as scared now that other people are there and she ain't alone with Gatts? So... I guess he won't snap as quickly as I thought.

Isodoro getting some training... *laughs* that one was good.

*ponders*

Really... I am saying ti again. These episodes are character developement more than anything, and this time it was Farneze's turn. Like it or not, but she seems to be a major player in the story to come. And... damn... I'm growing rather fond of her. Has she ever looked more miserable? Poor thing.

puella

Berserk forever
Oh, Roberto, hush!

that was my little trick.....

by the way, you know ehem~
<------------I WAS in the manga!
though almost get caught and killed for their good dinner.
but as you know I am a very brave berserker so I could run from poor Farnese. phew~ :-X

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, I think there's quite a bit of significance to this chapter. To those of you who can't read japanese, in the conversation with the old man towards the end of the chapter, one thing that Guts says (according to both Ranemaka and Cronus) is "Midland is dissapearing...". What he means of cource, is that the country is changing loyalties thanks to the invading Kushan front and the chaos that came with that. Even with Griffiths armies, the country is falling apart.

The other side to this is...something new is forming where Midland was. I dont like to spell it out, but does if you will remember, the Beherit-Apostle sacrificed the "world" so that it could become a better place? Since Griffith's reincarnation, the world has begun to change.

All that confirmed with just one conversation. An important chapter in my opinion, if only for this.

Top Bottom