Episode 194

bebpo

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Thanks Oliver for the 193 summary (your the same Oliver from the MGS2/Xenosaga gamefaqs's boards, right?), I went back to the US for xmas break and by the time I got back last night they only had 194 at the bookstore, so your summary helped me out :p (Although it turns out the 1 chapter I miss is the one where you finally get to see griffith do something :( ).

Well, 194 is an interesting yet kinda short (but long in pages) chapter. It starts at with Mule and Sonya meeting kushaan (general??) who had long dark a hair with strange almost glowing eyes (doesn't look human). A long conversation between him and Mule follows (this is mainly a dialogue chapter). Soon after Sonya leads Mule into a dark forest which is possibly griffiths base for now, and Mule sees hundreds of demon warriors standin around, some eating people, and he freaks out. The one of the monsters picks up Sonya and says he wants to eat her, and when Mule grabs his sword he's grabbed by another monster that holds him. Suddenly the dragon knight (named as Granbeld, not sure if we knew this already) grabs the monster hold Sonya and forces him to drop her, then the crazy demon bow archer (named as Avian [sp?], not sure if we knew this either), shoots the one holding Mule which sets him free. Mule recognizes Granbeld's name and you get a picture of Granbeld from pre-griffith days standing on a pile of bodies. nice little conversation with some comedy between Granbold, Mule, Sonya, and the demon who wants to eat human flesh. Continuing on through the forest they reach the exit and a bouncer style zodd is waiting outside to block anyone from continuing, Sonya says she brought Mule and the pass by Zodd. Mule's eyes fixate and then the last page is a teaser of griffith sitting atop a little hill on a tree trunk with spirits flying around him. To be continued...

Is it just me or is Miura ending like 75% of his chapters with a 1 page teaser of griffith sitting or standing somewhere. At least we got some nice little conversations with Griffiths crew, that shows they have personalities, and may become interesting people like the hawks were.

hopefully Oliver or someone with a good kanji knowledge can mention if anything important was said during the conversations in the chapter.

--bebpo

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Re: 194 quick summary

Cool! Thanks for the summary, and all the info, we didn’t know what to call old Dragon Knight or Demon Archer, until now.

“I want to eat her!”, yup, you can already tell this whole Apostle Army thing is going to be a big success. Even among the Apostles, just like everyone else in Berserk, the super high-end warriors are the only decent people while everyone else is violently retarded.  I especially like how they all laugh about it afterwards, classic.  It’s nice to hear that Dragon Knight, er, Granbeld is continuing to grow in importance (he’s always gotten the best exposure of the new apostles, including a superficial resemblance to the main character, I’d say he looks like an older, harder Guts, but I won’t).  There was even a little nod to Zodd in there maybe, with Mule imagining him standing on a bunch of bodies, ala Nosferatu Zodd’s introduction, after hearing his (apparently legendary) name (I’m just glad it wasn’t STUG or something ;D).

-Griffith

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use

Man what a chapter!

First things first. If there was ever a doubt that Granbeld and Avian weren't apostles, this chapter may prove that they are. Thats my take on it.

Granbeld and Avian obviously have the authority of command. But so does the young girl Sonya, because she got passed Zodd. What I dont get though is why did the monsters go and try to eat her. Mule I can understand, because he is a nobody in this stage.

Interesting chapter!!! thanks bebpo!!

About the new names... In katakana, they're:
* Gurunberudo (the dragon knight)
* A-vain (the archer)

The first one could be a lot of things... "Grunbeld", "Grunveld", "Grunweld", "Grunberd", "Grunverd", "Grunwerd", etc... I didn't found a "likely" (SF references, that kind of things) spelling though...

The second one is almost certainly "Irvine".

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi

Thanks Oliver for the 193 summary (your the same Oliver from the MGS2/Xenosaga gamefaqs's boards, right?), I went back to the US for xmas break and by the time I got back last night they only had 194 at the bookstore, so your summary helped me out :p (Although it turns out the 1 chapter I miss is the one where you finally get to see griffith do something :( ).

Well, 194 is an interesting yet kinda short (but long in pages) chapter.  It starts at with Mule and Sonya meeting kushaan (general??) who had long dark a hair with strange almost glowing eyes (doesn't look human).  A long conversation between him and Mule follows (this is mainly a dialogue chapter).  Soon after Sonya leads Mule into a dark forest which is possibly griffiths base for now, and Mule sees hundreds of demon warriors standin around, some eating people, and he freaks out.  The one of the monsters picks up Sonya and says he wants to eat her, and when Mule grabs his sword he's grabbed by another monster that holds him.  Suddenly the dragon knight (named as Granbeld, not sure if we knew this already) grabs the monster hold Sonya and forces him to drop her, then the crazy demon bow archer (named as Avian [sp?], not sure if we knew this either), shoots the one holding Mule which sets him free.  Mule recognizes Granbeld's name and you get a picture of Granbeld from pre-griffith days standing on a pile of bodies.  nice little conversation with some comedy between Granbold, Mule, Sonya, and the demon who wants to eat human flesh.  Continuing on through the forest they reach the exit and a bouncer style zodd is waiting outside to block anyone from continuing, Sonya says she brought Mule and the pass by Zodd.  Mule's eyes fixate and then the last page is a teaser of griffith sitting atop a little hill on a tree trunk with spirits flying around him.  To be continued...

Is it just me or is Miura ending like 75% of his chapters with a 1 page teaser of griffith sitting or standing somewhere.  At least we got some nice little conversations with Griffiths crew, that shows they have personalities, and may become interesting people like the hawks were.

hopefully Oliver or someone with a good kanji knowledge can mention if anything important was said during the conversations in the chapter.

--bebpo

I love how we get to see the apostles talk and converse. It may not be much but I like realism like that. So are they infact apostles?

Thanks for another update bebpo :D

Griffith

Just thought it might be a good idea to also put the link to the 194 pictures in the actual 194 thread. ;D

http://digilander.iol.it/berserkmiura/home/framepage.htm

-Griffith

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Just thought it might be a good idea to also put the link to the 194 pictures in the actual 194 thread. ;D

http://digilander.iol.it/berserkmiura/home/framepage.htm

-Griffith
And since Im a complete ass:

http://digilander.iol.it/berserkmiura2/spoiler/194.htm

to make it easier =)

Griffith

Capitolo 194

Capitolo molto interessante, questo 194. Miura finalmente ci porta a fare un viaggio tra l'esercito di Griphis ,in modo da conoscerlo in maniera più approfondita . Lo fa attraverso Sonia ed il biondino che si accompagna a lei. I due in primis si imbattono in Locus, e chiaramente il ragazzo non può non notare gli occhi inumani di uno dei condottieri di Griphis. I due poi si addentrano nel bosco, vero covo delle truppe del falco bianco, e naturalmente qui hanno modo di incontrare ,o di scontrarsi, sarebbe meglio dire, tutta una serie di apostoli dalle non certo buone intenzioni. I due giovani riescono comunque ad uscire dal bosco ma qui vi trovano Zodd, messo , come al solito , a fare da cane da guardia, onde evitare che qualcuno possa allontanarsi o fuggire.

a31.jpg

( i due giovani conversano con Locus)

a32.jpg

(l' esercito di apostoli di Griphis)

a33.jpg

(ancora un componente del suo esercito)

a34.jpg

(Zodd, il guardiano del faro...^^)​

-Griffith

P.S. Hahahahahahaha!

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

Capitolo 194

Capitolo molto interessante, questo 194. Miura finalmente ci porta a fare un viaggio tra l'esercito di Griphis ,in modo da conoscerlo in maniera più approfondita . Lo fa attraverso Sonia ed il biondino che si accompagna a lei. I due in primis si imbattono in Locus, e chiaramente il ragazzo non può non notare gli occhi inumani di uno dei condottieri di Griphis. I due poi si addentrano nel bosco, vero covo delle truppe del falco bianco, e naturalmente qui hanno modo di incontrare ,o di scontrarsi, sarebbe meglio dire, tutta una serie di apostoli dalle non certo buone intenzioni. I due giovani riescono comunque ad uscire dal bosco ma qui vi trovano Zodd, messo , come al solito , a fare da cane da guardia, onde evitare che qualcuno possa allontanarsi o fuggire.

a31.jpg

( i due giovani conversano con Locus)

a32.jpg

(l' esercito di apostoli di Griphis)

a33.jpg

(ancora un componente del suo esercito)

a34.jpg

(Zodd, il guardiano del faro...^^)​

-Griffith

P.S. Hahahahahahaha!
It is really you Griffith?you never posted in italian before

puella

Berserk forever

here's almost full chapter.
4-5pages are missed because of some problem. As soon as I get the whole chapter, I'll post it.
Enjoy it!

I hate this kind of "long" link but there's no other way.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

you could just write an HTML file like I used to... Want a template?

Also...Use photoshop to downgrade the quality of the image. 512KB is just plain ridiculous. You can get the same quality image down to about 200 KB and save some time.

Griffith

It starts at with Mule and Sonya meeting kushaan (general??) who had long dark a hair with strange almost glowing eyes (doesn't look human). A long conversation between him and Mule follows (this is mainly a dialogue chapter).
Does Locus reveal that he is of Kushan decent?

Another interesting thing, Miura changed Grunbeld’s model slightly, he used to have a bump on his nose and now it’s totally smooth, I only noticed because that WAS the biggest difference between his and Guts’ facial structure (I’m not going anywhere this Guts/Grunbeld thing, I just like comparing them as much as possible because I’m sure somebody out there is rolling their eyes…or going, “MY GOD, HES RITE, ETS GUTS FARTHER!). ^_^

-Griffith

P.S. Thanks again, Puella.

Yes, thanks again for the scans Puella! Is that real Arabic? And who is the stout guy with the nice clothes and hat?

http://myhome.netsgo.com/miendam/3.jpg ... You know you've arrived as an apostle when a midget ghoul is carrying your lance. :)

Yes, thanks again for the scans Puella! Is that real Arabic?
Some guy on a Japanese board actually had it checked... It seems that it's real Arabic, and that it's _at least_ close to the Japanese translation.
And who is the stout guy with the nice clothes and hat?
The interpreter, obviously? :p

Some guy on a Japanese board actually had it checked... It seems that it's real Arabic, and that it's _at least_ close to the Japanese translation.

wow, Miura really does his homework dont he?

and i thank ya kindly and gratefully puella! just get the rest of em up, pleeeeeeaaaaaaase!!! ;D

The interpreter, obviously?

Oh,ok. I wasn't sure if we has a reoccuring minor character since I don't have the later volumes. Also, what about Silatt and the goons that follow him around? Perhaps they'll show up soon to assist Guts against a common enemy...

Griffith

No, not at all.
Ah, didn't think so…by the way, what exactly does he say? ;D

Just kidding.

Also, what about Silatt and the goons that follow him around? Perhaps they'll show up soon to assist Guts against a common enemy...
Yeah, I was wondering about that a while back, the problem is Silatt disappears, much like Skull Knight, for volumes at a time. I wonder how long it will be until we see him again, so much to juggle with two separate stories to jump back and forth between (if Walter said this he'd show up in the next chapter for sure =).

-Griffith

P.S. Maybe he picked up Schierke’s trail.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!

*grins* Thanks Puella! (and Griffith for giving me the tip off...)

*ponders*

I'll bet there's at least one more issue before Griffith say a single word... and right when he opens his mouth we'll cut back to Gatts and his party again...

I just know it *weg*

Top Bottom