Episode 193

I guess our Japanese residents will come up with a summary soon enough, but just a little info...
The girl we saw in Shet is now _really_ confirmed as a regular character. She apparently joined Griffith's ranks and has some kind of telepathic abilities.
It was already hinted, I know, but who would fight a _regular_ army that uses that kind of power? And it's Griffith's army.
Well.... Good luck, Guts.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
It was already hinted, I know, but who would fight a _regular_ army that uses that kind of power? And it's Griffith's army.
Yeah, the only thing that looks good for Guts is that Griffith couldn’t bring himself to destroy him before, of course, that could of just have been because of Caska. :-/

I still predict that Griffith’s feelings will resurface, and ultimately be his undoing as before.

-Griffith

puella

Berserk forever
She apparently joined Griffith's ranks and has some kind of telepathic abilities.
Poor Guts!
Griffith has thousands of people plus apostles but Guts has only 5 which has only one swordman, Serpico except Guts.
the rest of the Five are an elf, an insane girl, a boy and a sane fragile girl. Sigh~
but I believe Miura'll make Guts get more power for sure. :)

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
I still predict that Griffith’s feelings will resurface, and ultimately be his undoing as before.

As do I... Griffith might try as hard as he can to be an emotionless perfect leader, that ain't gonna happen. Gatts... and to a lesser extent, Casca are too important to him. I think that Griffith will try to recruit Gatts again... or perhaps even recruit Casca first. After all, she was always the loyal one, at least before Gatts 'stole' her from him.

No, Griffith makes use of what he considers tools, he does not kill them. Otherwise they would have been dead already.

Dai 193 Wa  Millennium Falcon Hen  Seima Senki no Shô  Hiken no Mihata​

Episode 193  Millennium Falcon Part  Chapter of the Holy-Evil War Chronicle  The Flying Sword Standard​

The girl's name is Sonja (well, I guess it could also be "Sonya" or "Sonia", but... well, it's "so-nya" in Japanese, and there's "Sonja Blue", so... ^^ ). Her helmet looks a bit like Casca's.
Her powers help Griffith's army, and the battle is soon over (Griffith decapitated the enemy general).
As the Hawk Soliders rejoice, the Kushan survivors try to escape... but are stopped in a nearby forest by several Apostles, including Rakshas. "We haven't seen blood yet..."
The village has been freed, and Sonja tells Mule that Griffith wants to see him...

Griffith

Damn this sounds exiting!! A conversation with Griffith!!
What’s even better is, we’ll get to see how Griffith acts around people that…well, lets just say people that don’t know him as well as Guts does.  I wonder if we’ll see that old charm again, or maybe the famous ‘hawk eyes”.

-Griffith

P.S. I just hope he doesn’t cut his head off or disembowel the guy. ;D

puella

Berserk forever
What’s even better is, we’ll get to see how Griffith acts around people that…well, lets just say people that don’t know him as well as Guts does.  I wonder if we’ll see that old charm again, or maybe the famous ‘hawk eyes?

-Griffith

P.S. I just hope he doesn’t cut his head off or disembowel the guy. ;D
I guess my computer would resist you, Griffith or vice versa because everytime I quote your post, there's always error.
Besides, I've not been able to read your post even just once without any odd typing like this - I wonder if we’l.
what's wrong with this?
Griffith, can you read my post clearly?
What's been disturbing our communication?
Lets' face it!!
Is there any possible way to solve this problem? ::)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I guess my computer would resist you, Griffith or vice versa because everytime I quote your post, there's always error.
Besides, I've not been able to read your post even just once without any odd typing like this - I wonder if we’l.
what's wrong with this?
Griffith, can you read my post clearly?
What's been disturbing our communication?
Lets' face it!!
Is there any possible way to solve this problem? ::)
I keep forgetting to tell you people this...but the whole quote function going crazy can always, ALWAYS be remedied by deleting the emoticon (smiley face) that ends the quote (as in, the last "word" before the quote ends)

Thats how the problems start, and thats how they are fixed...damned emoticons.

Also, something Puella said earlier:

Poor Guts!
Griffith has thousands of people plus apostles but Guts has only 5 which has only one swordman, Serpico except Guts.
the rest of the Five are an elf, an insane girl, a boy and a sane fragile girl. Sigh~
but I believe Miura'll make Guts get more power for sure.
Just thought Id add my two cents, but I seriously doubt Guts will have to fight Griffith's entire army. Their confrontation could be several years in the future (chronologically), and perhaps by that time..circumstances will be a bit different.

Im alluding to a recurrance of Gaiseric's empire's fall (as I suppose everyone is already anticipating anyway...) but I thought Id just bring it up.

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
Griffith army is turning into some kind of freak show.  First Zodd, and now there is this psychic girl!?! ???
Guts better get his own army of bad ass!!!!! because I don't think there is no way in hell that he can take Grifftith's army at the state that he is now.

P

paradiselost

...guys, I totally agree with Walter idea...

...here the war 'll belong a lot of time, and meanwhile it'll be very difficult that Griffith and Gatts 'll fight one against the other...

...but...now there is a question, a very big question in my mind about the future...

...Skully told to Gatts that "the events of the past, happened in the God Hand world, are always repeated in the real world, like the reflex of a dead sun on a lake", and he said too that "these events are something that can be changed however"...and we saw as it happened during the salvation of Caska by Gatts, Ishidoro and the others...

...well, my point is: Griffith reborned in God Hand world...and now, is reborned in real world too...

...but...

...in the God Hand world, Griffith reborned like the fifth "finger" of the God Hand...
... so, he has for sure to be reborned in the real world to become the Emperor of this world (like Skully was, I suppose) ...

...then...

...as in a small way for Caska salvation, in my opinion 'll happen the same thing, that, using Skully's (and Miura's )words, "Gatts 'll be not only the reflex of a dead sun on a lake, but he'll be the fish that is able to move the surface of this lake"...

...maybe, this is the point that 'll let Gatts able to become the Ultimate Strong One...

...the Ultimate Strong One is the one who'll be able not only to partecipate to what happen around himself like a character under the God Hand desire, but the Ultimate Strong One 'll be the one who'll be able "to move the surface" of his world, with free decisions, changing all is "just" programmed...

;)

see you!

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
gatts could always pick off griffith's "lieutenants" of the apostle army one at a time, or in small groups. unlike the golden age of the hawks, griffith has a really, reallly, reallly BIG campaign going. he's consolidating a kingdom, after all. he'll leave behind garrisons, some of which will likely be run by apostles who're in it for the personal power. plus, assuming that gatts becomes a sizeable thorn in griffith's side, griffith will likely send a division or so of his troops after gatts at a time, not wanting to divert an entire campaign to crush one man's minor rebellion. i kinda doubt griffith would even go along on such sorties, since he probably doesn't fully trust himself. plus, he's got more important matters to tend to, like empire building.

anyway, that's just an alternate guess to gatts having to face griffith & co. after the fall of griffith's empire. he could probably do it piecemeal as it's rising, instead of falling.

CnC

Ad Oculos
wow... whether or not he has to fight an army or just the generals or just griffith... Guts does have his work cut out for him.

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
Here is what I think....

If Gatts is going to fight Griffith and his whole army, he must be like water. Be formless. Attack when they least expect and recede when there is too much danger. Sieze any oportuntity. Destroy his army, piece by piece. Another stratgy is to kill the head of the snake. Once u kill the head, the whole body dies with it. This means he should go after Griffith.

I don't think Griffith's team of freaks would remain loyal to him. Sooner or later, I predict one of the freaks would betray Griffith or vice versa. I also predict that there is a showdown between Skullman and Zodd.

This how I think u can kill Zodd. If u cut Zodd arm off, he can put it back on. I think his weak spot is by chopping his brain apart. The brain is what control his nerves system. Destroy that and u can't move.

great theory Bruce Lee, but i think if Guts could actually get his sword to Zodd's head, he would have already chopped his brain apart. it seems to be easier said than done...

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
yeah, plus griffith's kinda tough, too. not to mention all those apostles protecting him. & fate, ya know.

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
Here is what I think....

If Gatts is going to fight Griffith and his whole army, he must be like water.  Be formless.  Attack when they least expect and recede when there is too much danger. Sieze any oportuntity.  Destroy his army, piece by piece.  Another stratgy is to kill the head of the snake.  Once u kill the head,  the whole body dies with it.  This means he should go after Griffith.  

I don't think Griffith's team of freaks would remain loyal to him.  Sooner or later, I predict one of the freaks would betray Griffith or vice versa.  I also predict that there is a showdown between Skullman and Zodd.  

This how I think u can kill Zodd.  If u cut Zodd arm off, he can put it back on.  I think his weak spot is by chopping his brain apart.  The brain is what control his nerves system.  Destroy that and u can't move.  

I don't think Guts will flow like water. He'll CRASH like water. I see him using the stealth he's used in the past. He will take them down one at a time shonen way. If Casca is endangered than none of them have a shot. I actually feel sorry for them. Zoddo is a wild card interms of what he actually wants. If he see's Guts in danger will he step in and not allow it as HE wants to Kill Guts? I think Guts will do a good 80-90% of the fighting. That leaves Skull Knight (and maybe others) to pick up the slack so.

I don't know why this thought crossed my mind, but is it possible that Theresia is one of Griffith's armored soldiers? Muira loves to shock his readers (or followers ;D)! I haven't seen much of the new chapters so maybe their Identites have been revealed but who knows.

Well,

I might be jumping the gun a bit here, but is there any chance that Guts and Co might pick up a few pals or abilities in Alfheim!?

The above being said, I can't help but think that by the time Guts returns Griffiths greater Midland will be a reality. Leaving Griffith's apostle as regional governors. If so, it should make things a little easier for Guts' band.

All too hard to tell at this early stage, really.

Namirrha

Griffith

I don’t think Guts needs to worry about the Apostle Army itself, the bulk of it is probably weak Demi-Apostles that Guts can kill at a ratio of two per panel, he just needs to watch out for strong individual Apostles like Locus and Naga (who looks like he could kick Guts’ ass pretty good if properly motivated, can’t wait to see that fight).

More likely Guts is going to get a lot more trouble from his human cohorts than from Griffith’s army of monsters.

-Griffith

P.S. I wonder what role Silat will play in all of this, now he's a real wild card.

O.K. this is pure speculation here and it's way too far off for this to have any real validity, but.......

I still think that in the end Griffith will wind up using Gatts to consolidate his power. Once Griffifth has re-united midland, it's his apostles that will pose the greatest threat to Griffifth. I think that Griffith will pit his apostle against Gatts to eliminate that threat. That way Gatts is actually helping Griffith, but he doesn't realize it.

I still think that in the end Griffith will wind up using Gatts to consolidate his power.  Once Griffifth has re-united midland, it's his apostles that will pose the greatest threat to Griffifth.  I think that Griffith will pit his apostle against Gatts to eliminate that threat.  That way Gatts is actually helping Griffith, but he doesn't realize it.
Now, that's an interesting speculation.
But you know, Griffith would never do that.. Sacrificing his own men? Come on...

Griffith

Now, that's an interesting speculation.
But you know, Griffith would never do that.. Sacrificing his own men? Come on...
Well, in this case he'd just be killing them, maybe he wants vengeance for the Band of the Hawk. ;D

-Griffith

P.S. I'm being half serious.

That's an interesting theory and you might be right. I don't think Guts is smart enough to realize the big picture sometimes. I think someone said Griffith was shown only near humans in the battle against Mule Sama which would support his distancing himself from the apostles. After all, it isn't going to be pleasant for Griffith as a ruler if he is seen as a Snake Baron kind of guy.

Top Bottom