Episode 193

puella

Berserk forever
Well,

I might be jumping the gun a bit here, but is there any chance that Guts and Co might pick up a few pals or abilities in Alfheim!?
I guess Guts will get something precious from Elfheim.
It must be a whole bunch of future weapons -machine gun, shot gun , a bazooka and what-not.
So Guts can defeat Griffith's army very very easily.

again.................

O.K. I'll shut up. :-X

:)

The only problem is, with what Guts will be up against, I'm not sure that even that arsenal would be enough.

The fey folk seem to be a counterpart to God Hand and the malign spirits of the dead. At the very least, they seem to have some degree of influence over the last mentioned - warding wise. Will be interesting to see if they can't do 'something nice' for Guts.

Namirrha

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz
Has the idea of Guts aand some supernatural forces other than SK been discussed? Unfortunately I don't have enough time to check every post so I'll feel stupid if I brought this up and am not the first O_O

Anyway, what if somehow the previously fallen BotH were able to help? Along with SK and Guts I think they would be formidable... and seeing how SK is I think he could handle most of the baddies I think it would be one damn interesting fight... But yes, w/o speculation things aren't looking too good for poor Guts :(

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
You people should be ashamed of yourselves. Listen to ya’; “he needs elf powers”, “he needs Skull Knight”, “he needs Zombie Hawks”, “he needs Serpico!” BLAAAHH!!! Blasphemy, all of it! You people have so little faith in Guts it’s disgusting! Do you forget who it is you speak of? Who’s the only man that could best Nosferatu Zodd with the sword, twice? Guts!! Who’s the man that kept on fighting, bloody, beaten and insane, while the other Hawks were dying! Guts!! Who’s the man that’s been spending every day since living in the darkest corners of reality, tempting death, and every day surviving? Guts!! And now, because those same Apostles he smacked around at the Eclipse, and the same Apostles he’s been hunting down to smack around some more ever since, are all dressed up in their Sunday best and lining up conveniently in neat little rows, you all say, “Chicky dang darn and gee golly Ma’, Guts is sure in BIG trouble now!” Well, guess what, he’s NOT in big trouble, and I’ll tell ya’ who IS in big trouble: Anybody who stole his armor from Flash Man is in big trouble! Anybody dressed up like Nidoking is in big trouble! Anybody whose character design consists of one of those scary masks from Super Mario Bros. 2 and a dirty blanket is in big trouble! Anybody that shoots five arrows from a bow, ala Robin Hood: Men In Tights, is in big trouble. And anybody else wearing stupid, customized “look at me, I’m sooooo scary” armor that addresses Griffith, “Yes, Massa?” is in big trouble! Why you ask, since you've obviously don't know? Because Guts; the branded, one eyed, metal armed, Apostle slayin’, Caska savin’, Puck housin’, knife throwin’, Dragon Slayer swingin’, badass motherfucker is coming to kick their ASS' Black Swordsman style!!!

Thank you,

-Griffith

P.S. Who am I kidding, Guts is totally screwed. :-/

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Because Guts; the branded, one eyed, metal armed, Apostle slayin’, Caska savin’, Puck housin’, knife throwin’, Dragon Slayer swingin’, badass motherfucker is coming to kick their ASS' Black Swordsman style!!!

Thank you,

-Griffith

P.S. Who am I kidding, Guts is totally screwed.

*giggles*

Hehe... I wouldn't be surprised actually... if it was not for the fact that Gatts life has been going steadily downhill lately....

next thing we know Casca will become sane and go back to Griffith because she hates Gatts guts. After all he tried to kill her, then tape her and almost bit her tit off....

just one of those days I guess.

Griffith

next thing we know Casca will become sane and go back to Griffith because she hates Gatts guts. After all he tried to kill her, then tape her and almost bit her tit off....
She may want to do that no matter how she feels about Guts, she used Griffith as her reason for existing so long she may not know how to live any other way. It’s sad, but in a way, she’s a stronger person in her current state than she ever was before... but, maybe this is the ONLY way she cope without Griffith (the idea of him, not necessarily his physical self).

I’m betting she’ll want to forgive him, partly because her and Guts always disagreed about the kid (and this would certainly be a new level of that), but mostly because she's always been so devoted to Griffith, she had already sacrificed her life for him before he even had the chance, hell, she might even be happy his dream is coming true. Also, because it seems like the worst thing that could happen to Guts considering what he’s gone through, and that’s always a safe bet. :)

The thing that makes or breaks this is the son factor, if she sees her child living on in Griffith, she’ll probably want to forgive him. But if she feels that Griffith murdered her child (although he actually saved it’s life in a round about sort of way), then all bets are off.

-Griffith

P.S. Another idea, what if Guts comes to the realization that the only person that can cure what Femto did, is Griffith. He’s the only one that can restore the reality Femto shattered for her. I mention this because he is the only person that she seems to recognize from before.

puella

Berserk forever
I just want Caska to begin a new life without two guys.
Why should her life always be controlled by men?
first Griffith and second Guts as you know.
In other words, can't she have her own life, huh?
Why should Guts give her salvation? Could she get her own life back for herself?
I'd not say Caska should have equal power like Guts but she can
use other ways as every woman have but men doesn't.
this is why I don't think highly of Caska while many people think Caska best female character.
She's best for only men that's what I think. A life as a woman fucked up.
and also I think this is just because berserk is manga for men.
I mean Caska is nothing more than "best female" is created by a man.
Furthermore, I can't like other female characters except Luca in berserk. Rather they always make me annoyed.
don't blame me.
this is just my personal point of view.

***I want to make it clear that I'm not god damn feminist and love guys very much.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!

Hehe this prompted me to start a casca thread in the character chat. fell free to ramble with me.

Hi,

Puella, whilst I think you're being a bit harsh on Casca, I do agree that Luca was a wonderful character - smart, strong, and caring, amongst other things. I for one wouldn't mind seeing her, or someone like her, back in the story.

Namirrha

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
In other words, can't she have her own life, huh?
Why should Guts give her salvation? Could she get her own life back for herself?
I'd not say Caska should have equal power like Guts but she can
use other ways as every woman have but men doesn't.
this is why I don't think highly of Caska while many people think Caska best female character.
She's best for only men that's what I think. A life as a woman fucked up.
and also I think this is just because berserk is manga for men.
I mean Caska is nothing more than "best female" is created by a man.
Furthermore, I can't like other female characters except Luca in berserk. Rather they always make me annoyed.
don't blame me.
this is just my personal point of view.

***I want to make it clear that I'm not god damn feminist and love guys very much.

I don't think your a feminist. You have strong and Justified views on the "helpless damsel" state Casca is in. You touch on the fact that she has no goals of her own. Because she has no goal she's lost, in a world where for the most part women are not important. They are possesions, Items to be owned. Even valued women like the princess are just symbols of status for men to pursue. Casca at her best is just one of the Guys. Hanging around the fire place with the rest of her men. Those were good times for her. She was somewhat content. Never truly content but her life was good. Although I do think she is strong. She led the hawks by herself through a very dificult time. They were being chased by the kings army and hired mercenaries They delt with members of their group abandoning them... so many things she had to deal with. And she did an admirable job. She gave it everything she got. To the point where she didn't have the energy to pick up a spoon so she could feed herself.

I think Casca should be seen in two halves. One as a soldier and the other as a woman. As a soldier she is a tremendous asset, what a soldier should be- Brave, Loyal, intellegent and trustworthy. That is Casca at her best. Being one of the Guys. As a woman Casca never truly developed. She never had the chance. She even condemnd herself being a woman. She see's it as a weakness. She never fully embraced her feminin side which is sad. It is a part of who she is. She will never be complete unless she embraces both sides of her personality.

Luca on the other hand is a complete person. I can see why you like her. I like her. She's cool. She's centered which makes her stand out. No doubts in her head driving her crazy. No self hatred. Nothing. Her reaction to Skull Knight was interesting. She didn't freak out panic. How would Casca have handled it I don't know. Probably would have freaked. But who knows?

Hi,

<Even valued women like the princess are just symbols of status for men to pursue.>

A personification of the very castle or kingdom itself, you could say. Beyond that, Kenoh-sama, you're comments were spot on, and certainly worth the read.

Namirrha

P

paradiselost

...for what about the role of Silatt...

...I'm sure he'll fight with Gatts, Serpico and the others against monsters...

;)

Kenoh-Sama

&quot;What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
Hi,

<Even valued women like the princess are just symbols of status for men to pursue.>

A personification of the very castle or kingdom itself, you could say.  Beyond that, Kenoh-sama, you're comments were spot on, and certainly worth the read.

Namirrha

Thanks!

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
Yeah, I think Caska is a cool character.  She accomplish things that most people can't in a lifetime.  She can beat up most man in a sword fight.  On top of that, she calm under pressure when others would not.  Consider how hard life is for female at the time she is living,  I have so much respect for her.

I don't know much about this Luca character but she sounds great.

Who’s the only man that could best Nosferatu Zodd with the sword, twice?

Didn't Zodd block a swing from guts with one hand? He probably can carry a dragonslayer on each hand and then he can parry one of guts swing and strike with the other.

Griffith

Didn't Zodd block a swing from guts with one hand? He probably can carry a dragonslayer on each hand and then he can parry one of guts swing and strike with the other.
Uh…okay, maybe if he had tried that Guts wouldn’t have beatin’ him twice now. ;D

The thing that makes Zodd so interesting isn’t that he’s super powerful, but his desire to put that power away so he can defeat Guts man to man, and his acknowledgment of his failure against Guts’ skills.  That’s why Zodd likes fighting Guts so much, Guts gives him a real challenge.

-Griffith

P.S. Still no summary for this chapter, anybody?

Griffith

Sorry, I'm a idiot, in my head I combined your 193 summary with 192, so I thought the actual conversation with Griffith was in this chapter. :p

-Griffith

P.S. This just in…
Dragon Knight Kicks ASS,
Breaks Zodd’s Record!!!

a271.jpg

“I did it for the children”
Two Midland Apostles, known as the Dragon Knight and Zodd the Immortal, currently have a bet going to see how many hapless losers they can hang on their weapons at a time.  Dragon Knight is now in the lead with three, beating Zodd’s old record of two.  Fellow Apostle, Locus, when reached for comment, laughed at the “pathetic number”.

On the lighter side…

Dude Looks Like A Lady!
a29.jpg

“Whoa! Hot dog or taco?”
Mule, granted an exclusive interview with the man(?) in charge ,Griffith, didn’t know whether he should try flirting or talking about jock itch.  He tried solving the enigma by asking coy questions such as, “So, peed standing up lately?” This reporter sympathizes with Mule’s plight, as this gender bender seems to get worse every episode.  See the full interview in next month’s edition.

*NEWSFLASH!*

CASKA REPLACED!
a28.jpg

“I’m going to be twice the Griffith’s sword Caska was!”
Apparently, one of Griffith’s new powers is the ability to conjure any object ever seen in the series out of thin air to give to people for blatant symbolic purposes!  More on this shocking story as it develops.

In other news,  the 193 pictures are now up under the ‘Spoiler’ section here,
http://digilander.iol.it/berserkmiura/home/framepage.htm

puella

Berserk forever
I've just finished reading 193 chapter.
mmmm! when Mule sama meet that Girl, she looks like young Roshinu for me.

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
HOLY SHIT!, Dragon knight looks like a mean motherf%^&*r!!! :eek:

That's three dead guys he is carrying with one hand. He must be dam strong!!!

Hahaha! Nice summary, Griffith. Btw, doesn't the Dragon Knight look an awful lot bigger than he did when he first appeared? It would be refreshing if he just grows in size in monster form instead of sprouting strangely placed eyes and appendages. ::)

Top Bottom