Episode 193

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Btw, doesn't the Dragon Knight look an awful lot bigger than he did when he first appeared?
a25.jpg
Well, he certainly does here and it’s pretty confusing since we don’t know in what context this is going on. He looks huge, but so do the guys behind him, so who knows, I think this could just be symbolic…or more likely it's Sonia’s(Sonja's) powers at work.

-Griffith

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Scumsucking apostle, get down to medium size so I may fight you!!

Aside the ramblings...
Teh Neo Hawks theory is now reality, which in a way gives Gattsu freedom to realize his dream, by rallying Caska (soon to be normal), Farneze, Serpico, hopefully Azan (guy's kewl, laugh as much as you want). I mean, now Gattsu, if he pulls his, err, shit togheter, can truly realize his dream to become "as Griffis", since he often mentioned things like "is this my dream?(when cheering among fellow raiders after a victory)".
Maybe, a showdown between neo and old hawks is the finale? ;D

Something like a Celebrity Deathmatch, mass meelee mega fight where they all happily go for a drink afterwards, legless and blood soaked:
gattsu - "Hey Griff, why did we fight in the first place?" - taking a sip of ale, which pours outta his open chest.

griff - "Ah gatts, I missed your jokes..." - while his brain falls out of the smashed skull...

but aside my surprisingly stupid jokes, any comments on this possibility? :)

please note all written material is copyrighted and has no actual fact value...like, it's all in me opinion lads...

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
a25.jpg
Well, he certainly does here and it’s pretty confusing since we don’t know in what context this is going on. He looks huge, but so do the guys behind him, so who knows, I think this could just be symbolic…or more likely it's Sonia’s(Sonja's) powers at work.

-Griffith

It's probably just exaggeration. HNK has that kind of Style. Raoh looks normal in some shots and looks friggin' huge. He does look towards that series for inspiration so it's possible he's mimicking Tetsuo Hara's style of exaggeration.

but the soldiers do seem to be rather frightened as they come upon him while looking up. also, the kushan called him a giant when he first appeared. so maybe that's his power??

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
I kinda wrote something a few posts above that, if anything, someone could classify as stupid, but please...don't let the maniac paradise spoil it. We may have a discussion here...arf arf :p

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
a25.jpg

-Griffith

It could just be that image is from the soldiers POV. They just felt so overwhelmed that that's the mental image the have of them when they in reality are probably not that big.

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
great theory Bruce Lee, but i think if Guts could actually get his sword to Zodd's head, he would have already chopped his brain apart. it seems to be easier said than done...

I got the idea from the book "Art of War" by Sun Zu. Very interesting...

Griffith

Hey, can someone who’s seen this chapter (we know you’re out there!) just tell us why Granbeld is lookin’ so large in that picture?

-Griffith

P.S. Really, I like to speculate and all, but this is ridiculous.

Hey, can someone who’s seen this chapter (we know you’re out there!) just tell us why Granbeld is lookin’ so large in that picture?
I think he _really_ is? ^^;
(oh, and it looks like it _is_ "gurunberudo"... no "a")

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Poor Guts!
Griffith has thousands of people plus apostles but Guts has only 5 which has only one swordman, Serpico except Guts.
the rest of the Five are an elf, an insane girl, a boy and a sane fragile girl. Sigh~
but I believe Miura'll make Guts get more power for sure. :)
O.K. Griffith has no real chance... but do not pity him too much. He was very bad to sacrifice so his comrades.

Griffith

It’s great to see Griffith charging into battle again (even if the fix is already in). And Rakshas was especially cool here, the way he just materialized behind that Kushan commander and the men staring up at the transformed Apostles with fear and disbelief, beautiful.

I’m trying to see how Griffith’s Apostle Army works (how could it not) but I guess Locus heads up the aristocratic Apostles, Zodd the more barbaric “Wild” types (if not the whole army), can’t tell what Grunbeld does here except kick major ass (I assume if he isn’t a lone badass he leads ground troops similar to the ones seen with Zodd), Irvine leads the bowmen (I’m so perceptive! =), and Rakshas heads up the guys who are just totally un-presentable so they handle guerilla and “clean-up” operations.

That’s just speculation based on what I’ve seen.  If someone gives me 192 I’m sure I can come up with a more accurate assessment. :)

BTW 192 people, did the army initially attack with different companies charging from all sides led by their respective leaders, or did Zodd just lead one big charge?

-Griffith

P.S. Thank you, Puella!

Thanks Puella! I know a lot of us have been saying Guts is screwed but the Kushan army is _really_ screwed. It will be interesting to see the importance of Sonja and Mule Sama to Griffith.

It will be interesting to see the importance of Sonja and Mule Sama to Griffith.
But why are you calling him "Mule _sama_"? Did you start a cult or something? ^_^;
(by the way, I think I found a SF connection... 'could be "the Mule" from Asimov's Foundation series, "myu-ru" in the Japanese version as well)

But why are you calling him "Mule _sama_"? Did you start a cult or something? ^_^;
(by the way, I think I found a SF connection... 'could be "the Mule" from Asimov's Foundation series, "myu-ru" in the Japanese version as well)

Calm down, Olivier. The extent of my Japanese is A,E,I,O, and U in hiragana and everyone seemed to be refering to him as that in this thread without correction. ::)

Calm down, Olivier. The extent of my Japanese is A,E,I,O, and U in hiragana and everyone seemed to be refering to him as that in this thread without correction. ::)

That's how he's called by his soldiers...
Adding 'sama' to someone's name just adds a strong respect mark to the person you refer to, so it sounds as if you called him 'master Mule', therefore Olivier's statement about you starting a cult.
And I don't think he was really aggressive, if you notice the smiley...

That was an awesome chapter, it seems like Griffith has super speed, it was cool how he came down and cut the Kushan leaders head. Weren't those apostles in the shadows the same ones that were in the fire from chapter 186?

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
Wow! Thanks for the scan!

What's going on with the girl and the soldier kid?

What is the story behind the Kushan army? (I'm still having problems following the Berserk story.) What country closely resemble the Kushan army? I would say India and Arabia because both country used elephant in war during the ancient times.

Griffith

What's going on with the girl and the soldier kid?
Yeah, Sonja sure looks creepy sometimes (like a cultist, well, I guess she is =).  I cant tell if she has a crush on Mule or if she wants eat his brain, I dont think living with Apostles is mentally (or physically) healthy for a growing young lady. Oh, and in case you are looking for an answer, shes taking Mule to see Griffith.

What is the story behind the Kushan army?  (I'm still having problems following the Berserk story.)
Well, after everyone had the Hawk of Light dream, the Kushan army decided to attack Midland (The Kushans may have had a different dream to set things in motion, like the Hawk of Light conquering them, but thats just my speculation) From what the Kushan General said (before Griffith stabbed him in the eye) they dont really believe in the prophecy (at least its religious implications about the Hawk) and are using it as an excuse to conquer Midland.  So, just like everyone else, they are facilitating Griffiths dream by playing their fate appointed role; bad guys for Griffith to overcome, theyre basically Apostle food. :)

-Griffith

P.S. I removed all apostrophes because they look like this: ‘

Griffith

Well, the pics are in,

http://digilander.iol.it/berserkmiura/home/framepage.htm

I’m really starting to seriously buy in to the whole old Hawks/new Hawks parallel; Irvine looks like super Judeau, Locus just looks badass (that’s why he didn’t seem like Corkus at first =) and even Zoddo is looking more Guts-like (and sadder) than usual.

Speaking of which…

a34.jpg

“Sorry, you ain’t on the list, jabroni!”
Hey kids, it’s Zodd the emasculated! This guy used to be considered a God of war, now he’s outranked by a schoolgirl! Just look at some of his pained expressions from the rebirth ceremony on. Ever since he became Griffith’s monkey boy, Zoddo’s been looking like he’s about one "direct order" by a little girl away from falling on his sword (except for when he's killing things with it). The next time he fights Guts he’s going to try a new tactic; blocking with his head.

-Griffith

CnC

Ad Oculos
When stationary, Zodd looks like a buffer Guts. However when the action starts we see the zodd that we all know and love :)

Ckrisz

Brooklyn Representah
LOL Griffith!!

As for what country the Kushans are based on ... obviously Arab and Indian, but I'd also argue Ottoman Turk. The Turks used heavy infantry quite extensively and armored them, so the Kushan infantry look a lot like Turkish Janissaries. Funny, though, the Bakiraka, though I think they're probably intended to look like the Syrian Assassin sect of Crusading times, use Gurkha kukri knives from Nepal! There goes Miura mixing up the history again ... though it's one of the things that makes BERSERK fun.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
The last battle had me thinking.Before, when he was a man, Griffith always did win thanks to his intelligence. Now he seems to rely on sheer brute power.Perharps this his is weak spot. Who his now the master Griffith or his power?

Griffith

When stationary, Zodd looks like a buffer Guts. However when the action starts we see the zodd that we all know and love :)
Yeah, and I’m glad to see that Zoddo has battle well in mind, he finally has a sword that looks like it could stand up to the Dragon Slayer (not to mention that wicked axe, talk about an awkward combination to deal with, have fun Guts).

As for what country the Kushans are based on ... obviously Arab and Indian, but I'd also argue Ottoman Turk.
Good call, though the Kushan’s have been somewhat portrayed as buffoons (granted, in the face of Apostles, Bakiraka and Guts), I could never think of Turks that way. =) Miura is just doing the same thing with the Kushans as he did with Midland, mixing a bunch of analogous countries together into one general culture.

The last battle had me thinking.Before, when he was a man, Griffith always did win thanks to his intelligence. Now he seems to rely on sheer brute power.Perharps this his is weak spot. Who his now the master Griffith or his power?
Look at Griffith’s last battle with the original Hawks, the only reason they won was because of the help of one Nosferatu Zoddo. But I do see what you mean, only I thought about it more during the first strike of the Neo-Hawks, Griffith didn’t even make it appear as though it was a real battle. I can’t wait to see them march on Wyndham (I assume they’re will be one last climatic end-all skirmish between the Kushan and the new Band of the Hawk, much like Doldrey).

-Griffith

Top Bottom