Episode 192

bebpo

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
So I picked up my 192 today along with some Pocky and a Pepsi, and went through it (but there was a heck of a lot of kanji, so expect some parts to be off).
It starts with a really nice full color page picture with it saying vol.22 12/19, I hope this is the cover as it is basically a picture of all of Griffiths new crew with him in the middle, everyone else is colored brown/tanish with Griffith being all white. Very nice indeed.
The chapter starts of with the battlefield that the last one left off, you get retarted looking general #43, signaling his troops that if they don't want to die, they need to attack. Then they go and fight a bunch of kinghts with the kid from last chapter (muresama) and his band of fighters on the knights side. The kid kills one of the other side's fighters and the fighters mask falls off and the kid is shocked that it's not a Cushaan, but a Midland person. The battle then ensues for a few more pages and Mulesama and his group are about to get killed by 4 guys on horses, and then suddenly 4 arrows takes all their heads off, and he looks back and sees in the distance a bunch of archers (including one with a demon-bow that shoots 4 arrows at a time, don't know if he'll be a main Griffith-guy or not). After taking off some more heads with his arrows, the whole army looks back to see, a 2page spread of the main knights of griffiths army including some freaky looking helmet designs. They then pursue to rush down the hill with Zodd in the lead, slaughtering tons of people for a couple of pages. And yes, from the looks of it, the army is made of up all of demons (the crazy dog demons, with swords horizontally in their mouth that runs around cutting the feet off everything are scary-looking). After the slaughter the retarded looking general #43 and is even less intelligent side-general look up to see the knight army (which I'm guessing is Midland, being led by Griffith, Mulesama says "that is...", cut to a 1 page picture of Griffiths face behind the mask, and then another add for vol.22.

One thing I got confused about this is, is the mulesama kid and his posse part of the midland army? Or are they a 3rd group involved in the battle who are helping the Midland army?
Also less of a question and just an observation, it's strange how the demon army appears and is led by Zodd, but when Griffith appears he is leading the human army of Midland. Does this go back to the Hawk of light foreseeing from waay back?

--bebpo

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Re: 192 summary (spoilers as always)

Thanks again!!

Just as Gatts says to Zodd in the DC game, "planning on raising an army of monsters!"....very cool!!

It would really surprise me too see if Griffith will risk being known as the leader of monsters, because he would not seem so enlightening as the heralded "Hawk of Light". But then again...he IS after his dream and he won't give a shit what others think as long as he gets what he wants and using any means possible to boot.

bebpo

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Actually that's kind of why I think he was shown leading the humans, instead of charging with Zodd and the monsters. This way, people can still see him as the "Hawk of Light" and he can have his evil demon posse do all the underhand work behind the scenes.

--bebpo

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi

So I picked up my 192 today along with some Pocky and a Pepsi, and went  through it (but there was a heck of a lot of kanji, so expect some parts to be off).  
 It starts with a really nice full color page picture with it saying vol.22 12/19, I hope this is the cover as it is basically a picture of all of Griffiths new crew with him in the middle, everyone else is colored brown/tanish with Griffith being all white.  Very nice indeed.
 The chapter starts of with the battlefield that the last one left off, you get retarted looking general #43, signaling his troops that if they don't want to die, they need to attack.  Then they go and fight a bunch of kinghts with the kid from last chapter (muresama) and his band of fighters on the knights side.  The kid kills one of the other side's fighters and the fighters mask falls off and the kid is shocked that it's not a Cushaan, but a Midland person.  The battle then ensues for a few more pages and Mulesama and his group are about to get killed by 4 guys on horses, and then suddenly 4 arrows takes all their heads off, and he looks back and sees in the distance a bunch of archers (including one with a demon-bow that shoots 4 arrows at a time, don't know if he'll be a main Griffith-guy or not).  After taking off some more heads with his arrows, the whole army looks back to see, a 2page spread of the main knights of griffiths army including some freaky looking helmet designs.  They then pursue to rush down the hill with Zodd in the lead, slaughtering tons of people for a couple of pages.  And yes, from the looks of it, the army is made of up all of demons (the crazy dog demons, with swords horizontally in their mouth that runs around cutting the feet off everything are scary-looking).  After the slaughter the retarded looking general #43 and is even less intelligent side-general look up to see the knight army (which I'm guessing is Midland, being led by Griffith, Mulesama says "that is...", cut to a 1 page picture of Griffiths face behind the mask, and then another add for vol.22.

One thing I got confused about this is, is the mulesama kid and his posse part of the midland army?  Or are they a 3rd group involved in the battle who are helping the Midland army?
Also less of a question and just an observation, it's strange how the demon army appears and is led by Zodd, but when Griffith appears he is leading the human army of Midland.  Does this go back to the Hawk of light foreseeing from waay back?

--bebpo

Thanks for your post! Still don't know what to make of all this but thanks!!

shogunate

Look at me!

Thanks alot!! :D And I'll be anticipating Volume 22. :eek:

Hmm the story is building up! just can't wait until this thing blowws up! very excited.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Cool, thanks for the info, bebpo

A few (annoying) questions though…

What’s the Zodd-led Apostle army look like, any familiar faces, were any of Griffith’s prominent new recruits in a transformed state?

Was Rakshas among them?

What’s the demon bowman look like?

-Griffith

P.S. God, I hope I can see this in color some day.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!

Oi!

*grins* Look who's alive... *smiles at Griffith* ;D

Agh, I wonder what the hell Griffith (the manga one) is up to... this is too exiting...

puella

Berserk forever

wow cool...
i can't wait to see how this battle is drawn
that's all I can say.
Chapter 192 is the essnetial scene of berserk.
It's a little bit boresome to me that there's been no fighting in the manga for a few chapters even though they are important.
192 reminds me of the Hawks as many guys said.
Well, it's like
the Hawks + devil things(or apostles) + no Guts?
but two men lost many good things like love and friendship.
Griffith is with only dream and Guts with only grudge.
So sad~

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.

i thought miura didn't usually use pictures from the manga for the volume covers...
nonetheless, sounds like a neat chapter, even if it doesn't really advance the plot too much

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.

just from looking at the volume covers & not recognizing the pictures from the manga. guess it's just me being unobservant.

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi

just from looking at the volume covers & not recognizing the pictures from the manga. guess it's just me being unobservant.

"FLETCH LIVES"

Couldn't help it :)

Boonki

Christopher Lowell's Rainbow Six

Okay, I had written probably about a 3000 word reply before I left for dinner, only to come home having found my sister close the window that I was typing everything, but it's for the better so I can sum it up in a readable reply.

1) Watching the anime over after I bought that DVD boxset, I noticed a few things I didn't remember from the first time. Gutts doesnt want to be in the Hawks at first, later admires Griffith for saving him and being so thoughtful of his teammates, but later finds himself hating Griffith for seeing that it wasn't care for his team as it was more making sure his dream comes true. Three scenes struck me in the first half of the eps: Zodd's first fight, foretelling Gutts' death if he stays with Griffith; Griffith telling Charolette the Hawks aren't his friends, just people helping his dream and that the only friend he could have is one that is his equal; and lastly, Gutts killing the prince-to-be and realizing that Griffith wasn't as pure as he thought.

2) The new Hawks I don't understand. The scene where Gutts imagines Zodd having killed the boy parallels that Gutts is the Zodd type character. They are both monsters that will take anyone down. They both have a dream: Zodd wants to find the greatest fighter on Earth and, I think, Gutts' dream is to love and protect Caska. Think about it... right after he realizes Griffith is a sham, him and Caska become romantically involved. At anyrate, you think it's possible Gutts becomes a Zodd type character, like his hatred for Griffith and want to destroy would let him take a Behilit and become an apostle so that he can destroy Griffith and Godhand? I thought at first this sounds outrageous, but like Griffith said, you have to do whatever is necessary to reach your dream. So then it comes full circle... Griffith and Zodd vs. Skully and Gutts. So then they keep fighting until it happens again and we get two other heroes. Maybe not, hopefully Miura will try to sum it up sometime in the future.

3) I have no clue where anything is heading. That was my new theory after rethinking everything that's gone on lately. In my mind, this had to do with earlier posts in this section, but it doesn't seem to now, but oh well, tell me what you think about my idea.

Proof:
I believe you already know this one:
4592137205.gif

puella

Berserk forever

Proof:
I believe you already know this one:
oHHHHH~ I can't wait!!
Now that Vol. 22 comes out in Japan in mid- December , will we be able to meet the manga at least by February?

Yea, hmmmm they don't look proportioned, maybe the heads are too big....maybe it just that wierd pose that Guts is in. It looks like he's gonna fall on his face.

Top Bottom