Episode 192

bebpo

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: 192 summary (spoilers as always)

wow, yeah I think that pic is pretty darn bad :\. I thought 21's cover was great and if the 192 pic could be 23 than that would be great, but that picture is just ugh...I guess it's just that since you normally don't see Gattsu standing back to back with Griffith so you don't think about the size difference. But in that pic the difference gives it a weird look.
Who knows, maybe it'll look better in person.

--bebpo

Yea, hmmmm they don't look proportioned, maybe the heads are too big....maybe it just that wierd pose that Guts is in.  It looks like he's gonna fall on his face.
With the thing he carries on his back, I wouldn't worry. ^^
My problem is with Griffith, actually... I think that Miura didn't really know how to draw the new Griffith yet when he did that illustration, and it shows (face and armor).
(that and he has blue hair ^^; )

CnC

Ad Oculos

With the thing he carries on his back, I wouldn't worry. ^^
My problem is with Griffith, actually... I think that Miura didn't really know how to draw the new Griffith yet when he did that illustration, and it shows (face and armor).
(that and he has blue hair ^^; )

i agree... but even so, the "posing" needed some work, they both look like they just saved themselves from tripping or something. They seem off balance or something. Or perhaps its because on the cover you'd expect some dramatic pose or something.. they seem idle and boring :)

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz

Well to counter that here's the AmAziNg color pic from 192 (can you tell I like it ^_____^)

berserk_192.jpg

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

:eek:WOW! That picture is awesome!  Let us pray it is the cover for 23.

As for 22…hmmm, Guts and Griffith look kind of confused, like they are trying to find the exit to that picture.

The thing that bothers me most is that this one is so much better,

http://www.geocities.com/berserk_millennium_falcon/main2.html

It expresses everything the other one does, it just does it a whole lot better with some style and the dramatic effect you expect to see on a cover. (Hell, it looks like a cover!).

Oh well, I’ll get used to it.

-Griffith

P.S. Again, that picture from 192 is great (got 19 more? ;D)

:eek:WOW! That picture is awesome!  Let us pray it is the cover for 23.
Yeah, thanks! ^_^
The thing that bothers me most is that this one is so much better,
http://www.geocities.com/berserk_millennium_falcon/main2.html
It expresses everything the other one does, it just does it a whole lot better with some style and the dramatic effect you expect to see on a cover. (Hell, it looks like a cover!).
Maybe it will be above the sum-up of volume 22? ^^;

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz

Yeah, thanks! ^_^

Np, that one was too cool not to share O_O

The art work in this chapter is so amazing... can't wait for you guys to see it. The Demon archer and the rest of griffith's army look so unstoppable, Guts definitely has his work cut out for him.

CnC

Ad Oculos

As for 22…hmmm, Guts and Griffith look kind of confused, like they are trying to find the exit to that picture.

isn't that where ur profile pic came from? ;)

as for that picture, yea thats a lot better.
don't recognize the 2 guys in the front tho

bebpo

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Yeah, thanks! ^_^
Maybe it will be above the sum-up of volume 22? ^^;

Got my Vol.22 today. I think everyone will be happy as the first thing you see is a fold-out 2 page full color 2 sided art thing. One side is the above pic, and the other side is a Gattsu and Casca pic. Very cool indeed, makes up for the cover, and the last 2 pages contain the pic of griffith leading the charge in 192 and the lineup of Neo-hawks in 192.

--bebpo

Here's the infamous guy with the "Demon Bow":

a23.jpg

I wonder how much harm he can do with that stuff...

Other pics at

http://digilander.iol.it/berserkmiura/

in the "spoiler" section.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use

Is he the only one that has a 'demon' bow like that? Could he be another of Griffith's ring of commanders. I wonder if Locus or Rokusho(I'm spelling it wrong!!) are at the scene or could they be somewhere else?

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi

ugh... don't really like that picture... its seems "off" to me

For some reason some of his color art looks funky. I can't explain why. Maybe he wants that dark ages kind of art where it wasn't that proportionatly correct to begin with. Which probably fits with the Berserk time period.

shogunate

Look at me!

Oh, man I'm maddd excited about vol.22. With some luck and dough i'll be able to collect all 22 volumes by January.
How far does vol. 22 get to with the story?

CnC

Ad Oculos

For some reason some of his color art looks funky. I can't explain why. Maybe he wants that dark ages kind of art where it wasn't that proportionatly correct to begin with. Which probably fits with the Berserk time period.

well his other covers are ok... however ur right, i do prefer the "gothic" black and white, finding it more suiting for the world of berserk

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Favorite Moment by Far: Zoddo’s war cry scaring the horses!!

-Griffith

P.S. If the other link to 192 is down, try this one, hopefully one will be working at any given time.

www.geocities.com/berserkscans/192-01.jpg

If the scans look small and squished, save them to your HD and open them in MS paint, then all will be well.

Oh yeah, and it's geoshities, so as usual you have to cut & paste the url.

puella

Berserk forever

www.geocities.com/berserkscans/192-01.jpg

ooooo.k Griffith.
but I can't see them at all. I mean IT's not valid on my computer.
but!
Never mind! ;D I'm so O.K.

He definately is a giant and the archer is he an apostle or does his weapon have some kind of magical powers?

It looks like he may be using his bow's eye. Maybe he is blind and uses his bow to see.

It indeed looks like he uses the bow's eye but I can't tell if his eyes are shut or he just has no visible pupil like a few other apostles. As for Grunweld (or whatever) maybe it was just convenient for Miura to make him "normal" size at first. That two page spread with Griffith, Locus, and Grunweld in 185 (or 186?) would look kind of awkward if he were 5 times bigger than everyone else. If he can grow on his own will, more power to him though. ;D

Well it seems to me that it's kinda turned into a role reversal with Griffith and Guts. Yeah people seem to believe Griffith is the Hawk of Light, the white the child like face etc, but he is just ruthless. He sacrificed the Hawks for his dream and now he has monsters in his army.

While Guts is just out for Vengence and maybe more. Will Guts become a God Hand or an Apostle, not likely in my opinion. After all, in the Blackswordsman Arc Slain and Ubiki both say it has been predetermined in the wraps of Karma that he will not become one. Would Guts sink that low? Probably but I'm not expecting it.

It appears that the Dragon Knight can change his size, but it also appears other members of the "New Hawks" can as well......so needless to say that will be trouble.

I'm agreeing with the fact that the archer uses the eye on the bow to aim. I mean come on, he shot the arrows THROUGH the horses heads.

Top Bottom