What's going on with Farnese?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
I read these theories about Farneese based on a recent chapter. Would some kind soul tell me exactly what happened and what you expect expect to come out of it. ???

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Read this site's FAQ, it's information is vast and accurate. Here is a cut and paste of Farnese's profile:

"Farnese was once the leader of the Holy Iron Chain Knights. She was born a noble, and is a rather stuck up snob most of the time. When she was with the H.I.C.K.'s, her mind was closed, and focused on only one thing, her religion which she followed blindly. She gained her rank mostly because it is traditional for a woman to be the leader of the Holy Iron Chain Knights. Through her experiences with Guts (in volume 17 she was kidnapped by him, and was tortured by the demons that followed him, and in volume 21 she saw Guts kill the Religious leader Mozgus) she grew to realize that the vatican she was a part of was false, and pointless. She has since abolished her religious rank and duty, and follows Guts. She has grown to respect and admire Guts."

The day she met Gutts, her perception of the world would soon change. Her world was basically turned upside down after her travels with him. Guts represented the exact opposite of what she was taught to believe all her life.   During the fight with Mozgus(her one-time religious mentor) she began to see that it was Gutts that was fighting the good fight against demons.

I think her future will be with Gutts...thatis, she will devote herself to his cause and fight alongside Gutts.

puella

Berserk forever
I'd say there are two kinds of themes for man and woman in the manga.
"two men's god damn dreams and love"
"two women's drastic changes in mind"

referring to latter, Caska and Farneese grow to change in their mind repeatedly.
at first Caska's mind for Guts was partly shut down and opened and shut down again.(not sure totally or partly)
Besides, Caska loved Griffith so eagerly but came to change into Guts. and now she only realizes her demon child.
Farneese had the same as she hated Guts at first shutting her mind down. she had strong belief for God which is changed into Guts. now Farneese is open-minded abadoning her former state.
This is quite interesting--- While the two men are hard to change their mind, the women are so changeable, in my humble opinion.

Farneese initially wanted Gatts for really hot sex, but I think she got over that and is finally maturing as a person. It would be kind of nice to have a strong female character in Berserk again.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I heard Farneese is a famous brand of French Wine.
anybody has ever tasted it?
It tastes a little concieted and bitter, and with not a small ammount of sexual aggression in the grapes used and fermented within the base of the wine itself.

puella

Berserk forever
Why most people don't care Farneese at all while do the sheer opposite to Caska?
I think two girls' past has done and the thing to keep in mind is NOW.
Why on earth the past is so important? ::)

bytheway)I think Farneese wine much sweet!!

Caska and Farneese grow to change in their mind repeatedly................................................................................................

This is quite interesting--- While the two men are hard to change their mind, the women are so changeable, in my humble opinion.

This is pretty much true with all women isn't it? :p

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
here we go again....Farnese has not changed her mind or grown up. She simply has changed a god for another.Before Mozgus was the defender of right and Gutts the demon, now Gutts is the messiah and Mozgus and co. the demons.Rest assured she like now as then to light pires. And what she will do when she will met Griffith? He has a little carisma of his own you know

Have to agree with Roberto that Farnese only changed her views on God and Guts, but other than that she hasn't changed at all and still the most adorable character in Berserk.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rotk said:
Have to agree with Roberto that Farnese only changed her views on God and Guts, but other than that she hasn't changed at all and still the most adorable character in Berserk.
I would strongly disagree. When Roberto made that post, Farnese hadn't even joined Guts party yet... Farnese has changed drastically since those early, unsure days. How far have you read anyway?

Walter said:
I would strongly disagree. When Roberto made that post, Farnese hadn't even joined Guts party yet... Farnese has changed drastically since those early, unsure days. How far have you read anyway?

I'm on the lastest chp 306. But overall she hasn't really change much, as a daughter of a weathy noble she live most of her life peacefully and being protected, even after she joined the army she's still more figure head rather than leading the troops into the battlefield. Her status/class might have changed from a noble's daughter, to crusadar/pristess then to a witch.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rotk said:
I'm on the lastest chp 306.
It's episode 306, not chapter. Welcome to SKnet :badbone:

But overall she hasn't really change much, as a daughter of a weathy noble she live most of her life peacefully and being protected, even after she joined the army she's still more figure head rather than leading the troops into the battlefield. Her status/class might have changed from a noble's daughter, to crusadar/pristess then to a witch.
So she hasn't changed much, except for, you know, completely altering her direction and world view, and dedicating herself to the study of witchcraft. Just small details like that! :slan:

If you think Farnese hasn't undergone a dramatic transformation, you may want to re-read the series again with special attention to volumes 22-25. At one point early in 24, Serpico, who knows her better than anyone, flat out tells Guts "You changed her." It's one of the main reasons of his initial dislike of Guts, and aside from the danger she is constantly in, is the other reason he rebels briefly in vol 28-29.

Walter said:
It's episode 306, not chapter. Welcome to SKnet :badbone:
So she hasn't changed much, except for, you know, completely altering her direction and world view, and dedicating herself to the study of witchcraft. Just small details like that! :slan:

If you think Farnese hasn't undergone a dramatic transformation, you may want to re-read the series again with special attention to volumes 22-25. At one point early in 24, Serpico, who knows her better than anyone, flat out tells Guts "You changed her." It's one of the main reasons of his initial dislike of Guts, and aside from the danger she is constantly in, is the other reason he rebels briefly in vol 28-29.

Think I've been confusing and forgetting things again from the manga, but then i should read it again like you've said since i've went from vol 18 to 33 in less than 2 days. I gotta admit awesome series like Berserk are darn addictive, lol :D

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Rotk said:
Think I've been confusing and forgetting things again from the manga, but then i should read it again like you've said since I've went from vol 18 to 33 in less than 2 days. I gotta admit awesome series like Berserk are darn addictive, lol :D

When you forget things, remember you can always go and grab any of the volumes and reread or recheck to refresh your memory. I recommend to take your time rereading it again, so you get a good glimpse of it. Yes, Berserk is sure something we all look forward everytime there is a release. Be patient and you'll be rewarded.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rotk said:
then i should read it again like you've said since i've went from vol 18 to 33 in less than 2 days.
First you should purchase the Dark Horse editions and delete your scans :mozgus:

Then re-read it.

Then rinse and repeat.

And THEN you can wow us with your findings and views.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I hope it is from Dark Horse and in the palm of your hand. Just as Walter recommended and as you should.

I'm thinking about buying the manga box set, it's definately one of the top anime list that's worth to collect.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Rotk said:
I'm thinking about buying the manga box set, it's definately one of the top anime list that's worth to collect.

I think you meant anime box set. It's good to own something berserk related as the anime, but it can't compared to the manga. I would suggest to invest that money on the volumes first.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I think you meant anime box set. It's good to own something berserk related as the anime, but it can't compared to the manga. I would suggest to invest that money on the volumes first.

I remember reading some where there was a manga set or something but I might have mistaken it for something else. But yea I'm definately going for the manga, not to mention it's more afforable compared to the anime based on the episodes. :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Coming in late on this but...

Rotk said:

Roberto was wrong about it in 2002 and you've revived the thread just to be wrong about it 7 years later. He had a bit of an excuse back then at least, but after all this time you don't. It takes a lot of simple-mindedness to overlook the deep changes in her character since the time she was first introduced.

Rotk said:
But overall she hasn't really change much, as a daughter of a weathy noble she live most of her life peacefully and being protected, even after she joined the army she's still more figure head rather than leading the troops into the battlefield. Her status/class might have changed from a noble's daughter, to crusadar/pristess then to a witch.

You obviously haven't paid much attention to Farnese. It's pretty sad. She was a very sensitive child who became psychotic and abusive as the result of her parents' negligence. She became almost maniacal as a young adult before breaking down and going back to her openly weak, fragile self. Since then she has been improving herself and trying to find redemption in her protection of Casca. As for becoming Schierke's apprentice, her motivation is to learn about the world so she can vanquish her fear. She's gone a long way. And what I'm giving you here is a just a very quick summary of what's really happened.

Rotk said:
Think I've been confusing and forgetting things again from the manga, but then i should read it again like you've said since i've went from vol 18 to 33 in less than 2 days.

Yeah I think so too. Please buy and read the manga, and avoid reviving old threads like this in the future. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom