Author Topic: Episode 280  (Read 30943 times)

Offline Judo

• Of the Interstice
  • Midlands finest
Episode 280
« on: December 28, 2006, 02:07:42 AM »
Rock Concert Manual #237:
Taking the audience to a jungian journey into the collective unconscious by using the shadow as a metaphor for the primal self that gets repressed by the modern persona... and also by using an underground setting and labyrinth office design to represent both: the depths of the psyche and the dungeon-like isolation of our increasingly mechanistic society which prevents people from finding satisfying work or meaningful connections with others.

Offline pippin22

• Secretary of Misinformation
  • Of the Interstice
Re: Episode 280- Not out yet.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 02:17:38 AM »
Nice! :void:

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
Re: Episode 280
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 02:49:18 AM »
Thanks for posting it, Judo. I took the liberty to update your post a little, and made it into a thread. Anyway, it's interesting to get a "Great Invasion (2)" while the first one didn't have a (1), that's a little unusual. The preview title also doesn't state the arc nor the chapter, so it seems they put the whole thing up a little hastily.

Offline handsome rakshas

• Of the Vortex
  • Thanks Grail!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 03:01:45 AM »
Do you think the whole "hold...hold...hold...NOW" Braveheart spear trick will work against elephants?
At least I hope for a dirty, smelly irishman saying "we're fucked". Nice preview, I'm literally stewing in my own juices!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 03:06:11 AM by handsome rakshas »

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 03:08:47 AM »
oh yea.  they're totally screwed...  :griff:
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later...
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Proj2501

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 03:33:09 AM »
Do you think the whole "hold...hold...hold...NOW" Braveheart spear trick will work against elephants?
At least I hope for a dirty, smelly irishman saying "we're fucked". Nice preview, I'm literally stewing in my own juices!

Hahahaha...Hooooollllllld.

About damn time!

Offline ironlung

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 03:57:30 AM »
Wow!  I haven't checked in for such a long time and suddenly just now I see my bookmark and say 'hmmmmm'. I totally used my 6th sense :void: to know it was coming soon.

Offline Malachai

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 05:51:21 AM »
Maybe they'll all run up, go "booga booga booga!", and scare away the elephants?

poor guys  :judo:

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 06:16:46 AM »
Excitement level rising... :zodd:

Offline Jhot obs

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 07:11:41 AM »
Sweet. Here's to Ganishka mowing down as many Holy See Alliance platoons before Griffith shows up. :chomp:

Offline HawaiianStallion

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 12:50:46 PM »
Come on guys, we all know the way to defeat elephants is to scare them... and how do we do that? With mice! They'll release a flood of mice onto the field, thus disrupting the elephant charge as they break in fear.

Offline Judo

• Of the Interstice
  • Midlands finest
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 01:51:45 PM »
Thanks for posting it, Judo. I took the liberty to update your post a little, and made it into a thread.

Now I feel like I have been pushed in the spotlight... shame on you!
 :serpico:

Nah, just kiddn...  I just didn't wanna open a regular episode-thread two weeks before the actual release because I thought the other thread did a good job in attracting all the spam.
But you're the admin...
Taking the audience to a jungian journey into the collective unconscious by using the shadow as a metaphor for the primal self that gets repressed by the modern persona... and also by using an underground setting and labyrinth office design to represent both: the depths of the psyche and the dungeon-like isolation of our increasingly mechanistic society which prevents people from finding satisfying work or meaningful connections with others.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 06:39:02 PM »
Come on guys, we all know the way to defeat elephants is to scare them... and how do we do that? With mice! They'll release a flood of mice onto the field, thus disrupting the elephant charge as they break in fear.

Hey, Conrad could take care of that. It'd come with plague as a bonus too! :void:

I just didn't wanna open a regular episode-thread two weeks before the actual release because I thought the other thread did a good job in attracting all the spam.

It's cool, don't worry. It's true it's a bit early but since the preview's here, no need to wait. And this thread will be kept clean no matter what people do. :serpico:

Offline Vampire_Hunter_Bob

• SK.net Sergeant at Arms
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2006, 12:59:49 AM »
Hey, Conrad could take care of that. It'd come with plague as a bonus too! :void:

It's cool, don't worry. It's true it's a bit early but since the preview's here, no need to wait. And this thread will be kept clean no matter what people do. :serpico:

I don't think there can be any other way to exspress how much that situation would suck.

Offline mike.william

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 03:07:31 AM »
I wanna see Zodd fight an elephant.

Offline Donald Shimoda

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 03:18:11 AM »
I wanna see Zodd fight an elephant.

More like Eat an Elephant.

Offline Judo

• Of the Interstice
  • Midlands finest
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 10:55:52 AM »

Locks makes Kushan shashlik... Grunbeld broils it... and then there'll be a big Neo-Hawks Bar-B-Q.

Damn... now I'm already spamming this thread myself.  :schierke:

Seriously I think that the Hawks won't make an appearance this episode... the troops of the holy sea-alliance have to face total despair before the knight in shiny armor(and a skin not less shiny than his armor) comes to be the hero.
So I presume this episode will contain a big carnage on the holy-sea-troops and maybe some inner monologue of Ganishka and/or Owen.

Offline Turin Turambar

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2006, 12:16:47 PM »
Clearly, they will use flamng pigs to scare away the elephants.

Offline HawaiianStallion

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2006, 07:40:37 PM »
Maybe not this ep. but I'd really hope we can see some all out Apostle carnage; you know, Zodd cutting an elephants legs out from under it or Grunbeld smashing one with his hammer, not to mention I'd like to see some Rakshas, havent seen him in too long.

Offline Skeleton

• Falconian
  • Of the Nexus
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2006, 11:30:48 PM »
Clearly, they will use flamng pigs to scare away the elephants.

That was my thought too.

If my dream goes according to plan, Ganishka will crush the Holy See Alliance and reduce the Neo-Hawks to ashes.  All hail Lord Ganishka!  :beast:

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2006, 11:43:57 PM »
If my dream goes according to plan, Ganishka will crush the Holy See Alliance and reduce the Neo-Hawks to ashes.  All hail Lord Ganishka!  :beast:

While Ganishka will definitely not reduce the Neo Hawks to ashes, I'd actually like the Kushans to deal some serious damage to them for a change.

EDIT: Here's the promised Vol. 05 of the "Review" articles in YA, along with the complete double page of the announcement showing elephants trampling soldiers. And for those just caring about the double page, click here.

Offline avi

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2006, 12:23:04 PM »
Thanks for posting it, Judo. I took the liberty to update your post a little, and made it into a thread. Anyway, it's interesting to get a "Great Invasion (2)" while the first one didn't have a (1), that's a little unusual. The preview title also doesn't state the arc nor the chapter, so it seems they put the whole thing up a little hastily.

If I remember also the episode 265 didn't have the (1)...

In any case, thanks for the article in YA.

Offline Skeleton

• Falconian
  • Of the Nexus
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2006, 01:27:13 PM »
While Ganishka will definitely not reduce the Neo Hawks to ashes, I'd actually like the Kushans to deal some serious damage to them for a change.

EDIT: Here's the promised Vol. 05 of the "Review" articles in YA, along with the complete double page of the announcement showing elephants trampling soldiers. And for those just caring about the double page, click here.

I agree with you, my friend.  The Neo-BotH taking serious damage would be a nice change. :) And thank you for all of the amazing scans, Aaz, I for one truly appreciate the effort you and the other "elder" members of the board go through to keep the rest of us informed and up-to-date.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2006, 04:33:52 PM »
If I remember also the episode 265 didn't have the (1)...

Episode 265 did have a (1) actually, I remember it very clearly.

I agree with you, my friend.  The Neo-BotH taking serious damage would be a nice change. :) And thank you for all of the amazing scans, Aaz, I for one truly appreciate the effort you and the other "elder" members of the board go through to keep the rest of us informed and up-to-date.

Hehe, you're welcome. You know what would be really cool though? Seeing the Tapasa fight again. I hope they'll go all out and gang up on some of the weaker apostles. :SK:

Offline nightfly

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2006, 09:35:29 PM »
Very... very nice! The total war is near...  :chomp:
Just a whisper in a moonless night...