Episode 280

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Walter said:
Well, I really should have known that, as my girlfriend has been studying anatomy and physiology for months now... Thankfully, she doesn't read these forums.  :carcus:

From taking and failing  Anatomy and Physiology a few times (and one more time, new semester starts next week! Wish your ol' pal Handsome luck!) I can say that Vlad is correct. This also makes me appreciate the attention  to detail that goes into the death scenes. Join Irvine next episode as he tries to shoot out the Kushan's pituitary glands! Fuck you sella turcica!
And once again, the page of Irvine's close up is amazing! The eye in his bow looks freakin' awesome!

HawaiianStallion said:
Apostle Rakshas and Irvine Vs Apostle Ganishka? Yeah I'd be down for that fight.

Ick! That sounds lame! Wait, let me fix it up a little for you!

HawaiianStallion said:
Apostle Rakshas and Irvine Vs Apostle Ganishka? Yeah I'd be down for that fight.

I agree, that would kick ass! Irvine and Rakshas might be in for a beating, though!

C

cajunman380

Great episode, THanks for the upload. BTW has anyone noticed that perhaps the people Irvine shot were the generals(filed commanders or whatever th eproper terminology in this case is) which would explain why most of the soldiers went into the moat since their commanding officers were gone. Immpresive strategy so far...

But i am curious as to how Griffith will deal with Ganishka once he pulls out the magic card on him.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Aazealh said:
Well from what we've seen of it, there's no mysterious way of keeping them aimed at their target without Irvine actually holding them. In volume 23 for example we can see him shooting and the bow doesn't seem to help with that aspect of things, it's all up to his skill.

Wally and I looked it up carefully and we both came to the conclusion that it's likely to be Griffith. It's really just the angle that casts some doubt.

I hope he'll last at least for one more battle, but that's far from assured at this point. I'd also like to see some more familiars or creatures similar to the Kundalini (with astral powers), but so far it looks like the Kushans have an all-human army this time (well, excluding the elephants). Since you mention visual contact, this could be the occasion to show us his apostle form. Imagine some soldiers (I don't dare hoping for Rakshas to do it, that'd be too good) entering his mobile fort and coming face to face with a weaponless but very angry Ganishka. :SK:

Which for us is the occasion to revive the speculation on Ganishka's apostle form. Naga? Hairy and monstrous Daka-like spider? Some other horror?

I'm betting on a Garuda, something about his face just reminds me of a Bird.
Thanks Saiya. You've won my heart and my internets.
Irvine is just great, Kushan Kabbab's anyone? I also though that the Hawks cross shattering right before we see Irvine's arrow fly was an interesting little bit of symbolism . . . Although what might it portend? If anything?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
Ick! That sounds lame! Wait, let me fix it up a little for you!

I agree, that would kick ass! Irvine and Rakshas might be in for a beating, though!

Haha dude, don't tell me you're one of those guys?! The ones still clutching desperately to the hope that Rakshas might not be an apostle? Or are you just afraid of his possibly not-so-handsome apostle form? :zodd:

cajunman380 said:
BTW has anyone noticed that perhaps the people Irvine shot were the generals(filed commanders or whatever th eproper terminology in this case is) which would explain why most of the soldiers went into the moat since their commanding officers were gone. Immpresive strategy so far...

Yes, of course. It's even been mentioned in this thread. Interesting strategy, made possible by Irvine's incredible skills.

cajunman380 said:
But i am curious as to how Griffith will deal with Ganishka once he pulls out the magic card on him.

The big question is "will he?" After what happened to him earlier, and now that the day has started, is he going to risk something, and will he even be able to? A bright, hot, dry weather isn't the ideal environment for fog. And how would his human soldiers react? Silat and the Tapasa didn't know about his powers until the incident in Wyndham, so we can assume the common troops aren't aware of them either. This could turn out to simply be a regular battle with humans troops, Griffith using his apostles stealthily to gain the edge.

That being said, I'd like to see Ganishka show more of his magic powers (assuming he has more than what we've seen of course), not just fog and thunder but more subtle things.

Forest Wraith said:
I also though that the Hawks cross shattering right before we see Irvine's arrow fly was an interesting little bit of symbolism . . . Although what might it portend? If anything?

I don't think it has any specific signification, it just represents the destruction of the Holy See alliance as imagined by Owen.

Link removed

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
WOHOHOW !!! We didn't wait for nothing, a BIG THANKS for the scan ^^

Irvine is impressive, the way he appear on this episode is incredible, Miura you're still the best. :guts:

The big question is "will he?" After what happened to him earlier, and now that the day has started, is he going to risk something, and will he even be able to? A bright, hot, dry weather isn't the ideal environment for fog. And how would his human soldiers react? Silat and the Tapasa didn't know about his powers until the incident in Wyndham, so we can assume the common troops aren't aware of them either. This could turn out to simply be a regular battle with humans troops, Griffith using his apostles stealthily to gain the edge.

That being said, I'd like to see Ganishka show more of his magic powers (assuming he has more than what we've seen of course), not just fog and thunder but more subtle things.
IMHO Ganishka pretty much went all out with his troops so defeat simply is not an option. That being said I'm not really sure that Griffith has enough human soldiers to allow himself to use his more "unusual" troops just covertly, especially if Ganishka pulls out all his trump cards (magic, astral beings?, the pishacha). I still believe that a battle involving apostles, magic and possibly some other weird things (perhaps a glimpse into Griffith's God Hand powers) is about to happen, and that precisely these things could provide the perfect stage for Griffith to present himself as the savior everyone dreamed of.

vlad said:
IMHO Ganishka  pretty much went all out with his troops so defeat simply is not an option. That being said I'm not really sure that Griffith has enough human soldiers to allow himself to use his more "unusual" troops just covertly, especially if Ganishka pulls out all his trump cards (magic, astral beings?, the pishacha). I still believe that a battle involving apostles, magic and possibly some other weird things (perhaps a glimpse into Griffith's God Hand powers) is about to happen, and that precisely these things could provide the perfect stage for Griffith to present himself as the savior everyone dreamed of.

Griffith can still use his apostle troops ,he had sent them out to aid Mule before.The untransformed apostles are powerful enough anyway.

Ganishka would prob make a retreat if the situation worsen,I dun think he would risk exposing his familiars.

I probably should have been more elaborate with what I tried to say. I trust that this will be the final battle with Ganishka because of several things: the forces put out on the field of battle are IMHO his main and biggest army, I base this on the fact that he probably made this move in an effort to annihilate the Holy See alliance that was forming, plus seeing the apostles there himself he probably wouldn't take their threat lightly. So some potential retreat would serve little purpose except maybe to entrench in Wyndham. Given that Griffith is a superior strategist he is certainly aware of this and will make a move to prevent it (if it comes to pass), but from what we've seen in his battle deployment (both past and present) he is probably going to try and create confusion in order to make a move for the "head" aka Ganishka. Also I'm thinking that Vritannis is far too good an opportunity to pass up on, most of the nobles are there plus the Pontiff, seemingly the perfect stage for a grand entrance.
As for the subject of "different" troops, well, I'm thinking that Ganishka will be driven into a situation in which he will have little choice other than to go all out. I mean, if he is already facing defeat (and death) what would it matter if he exposed his true nature, there's not going to be an empire after him anyway! In this situation Griffith would have more to loose by exposing the reality of his troops, and possibly his own, but that situation could be handled in some way, with the help of the sharp contrast of his fairytale appearance to their "demonic" visage, plus some sort of religious interpretation given by the Pontiff to further solidify this.
I'm ranting now, so I'll stop and wait for some feedback. Hope I'm making more sense :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This is like saying Rocky's going down after seeing only the first round after Apollo Creed's showmanship. Vlad, Ganishka had to see the Hawks' intervention coming a mile away, even before they assaulted him on the pier. It would be absurd for him to be completely routed by this initial volley of apostles.

There's still several variables here that haven't been taken into account. For example, what's he keeping in that big, rolling fortress?

Perhaps I gave out the wrong impression with this, but I wasn't implying that the battle would be over in this episode (hopefully not even in a couple). I'm thinking that there is still a lot more to come (magic, apostles etc.) but that it will be Ganiska's final encounter.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Aazealh said:
Haha dude, don't tell me you're one of those guys?! The ones still clutching desperately to the hope that Rakshas might not be an apostle? Or are you just afraid of his possibly not-so-handsome apostle form? :zodd:

Hehe, no I came to grips with Rakshas being an apostle a long time ago. You're right about the second one though. I do not want Rakshas's beautiful black and white visage sullied by him transforming into a grotesque monster. His appearance is too exquisite and his movements are too graceful to turn into a giant, monstrous abomination. My prediction is that Rakshas's apostle form will not be revealed, and not just because I find the idea repulsive.

Oh, and thanks for the additional scans!
Kefufu!

handsome rakshas said:
Hehe, no I came to grips with Rakshas being an apostle a long time ago. You're right about the second one though. I do not want Rakshas's beautiful black and white visage sullied by him transforming into a grotesque monster. His appearance is too exquisite and his movements are too graceful to turn into a giant, monstrous abomination. My prediction is that Rakshas's apostle form will not be revealed, and not just because I find the idea repulsive.

Oh, and thanks for the additional scans!

- Who says his apostle form will be any different? Its not like Grunbeld turned into something radically different, same for Locus. Im just guessing it'll be an extension of his human form.

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
vlad said:
that it will be Ganishka's final encounter.

I don't know if it will be Ganishka's final encounter but for now it begin pretty bad, of course he didn't say his last word, and the advantage can change but griffith's troops possess 5 incredible "men", and for now only 2 of them take place in the battle :griff: :zodd:

Hi everyones! no time no see uh?:) thx for this great episode!!
Miura forced us to wait for such a long time, but not for nothing at all.
About the episode, there are a lot of Kushans! :???: :isidro:
Is it the entire Ganishka's forces?...

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Walter said:
Aaz brought up something cool in 280, on the last page. Check out what the soldiers climbing the hill are carrying: looks like banners, and only banners. A publicity stunt?  :guts:

I think they probably have swords and other assorted weapons with them as well. Maybe you meant they had no lances though. It probably is a publicity stunt. The apostles turn the tides of the war, then Griffith swoops in with what appears to be the human segment of his army to recieve all the glory.

I'm not sure that is the company he would choose to take on Ganishka though. Both other direct confrontations were left to the cheif apostles, and even back as far as pre-godhand Griffith left the "bosses" to Guts typically. Seems to be his style.

HawaiianStallion said:
- Who says his apostle form will be any different? Its not like Grunbeld turned into something radically different, same for Locus. Im just guessing it'll be an extension of his human form.

eh!? What do you mean? Gunbeld turned into a crazy diamond dragon. Locus didnt change as much but his transformation was pretty wierd, seeing as he assimilated his horse and lance.

egg of the king

Mort pour Rien
I'm a bit late here, but awesome episode. thanks so much saiyan. It was really great to finally see some new berserk, especially because i couldn't get the last episode which i heard was dope.
Irvine, wow, just wow. I'm not sure if we've seen his bow that close before (possibly when he first tried to ambush Ganishka, but I'm not sure).

anyway, again, thanks so much

--dy

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Ugh, I'm a bit late eh? Excellent episode overall. Seeing it with double page spreads made a colossal difference, so thanks for that. Aside from the action, it left me feeling impatient for more instead of impressed. Still, it's going to be a long week to wait for the next episode to come out!

How many soldiers do you think are going to flood out of that ship though.. unless Griffith has some magic trick up his sleeve, I cannot see him rivaling the numbers of the Kushan force. Still, it'll be interesting to see what tactic the old genius pulls out his arse this time!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Uriel said:
Ugh, I'm a bit late eh? Excellent episode overall. Seeing it with double page spreads made a colossal difference, so thanks for that. Aside from the action, it left me feeling impatient for more instead of impressed. Still, it's going to be a long week to wait for the next episode to come out!

How many soldiers do you think are going to flood out of that ship though.. unless Griffith has some magic trick up his sleeve, I cannot see him rivaling the numbers of the Kushan force. Still, it'll be interesting to see what tactic the old genius pulls out his arse this time!
Superior Tactics > Superior Numbers... that and it helps to have omnipotent powers and a band of Apostle Soldiers :carcus:

Top Bottom