Episode 279

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Title: 大侵攻 - Great Invasion

06v18.jpg

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Wow, I had totally forgotten that this was the week (so it's like the last episode came out yesterday, a winner is me! :carcus:).

Hey, maybe it's not too late for Griffith to bring that boat right back!? =)

"Griffith No More!" said:
Hey, maybe it's not too late for Griffith to bring that boat right back!? =)
May be take on the boat and follow them ...then...come up the quick ending....
i'm more expecting for the new volum's(31's) color cover in this time's EPISODE...
there have a lot of things for owen and griffith to chat together and i think no fighting or battle in 279...
By the way, thx for the new preview Aaz.

Akin

MOOO!!!
Heh, this episode is going to "Owen" :troll:

Strange, I was actually thinking they would show a bit of Roderick running a boatfull of people who've never sailed before. I suppose that can wait till later then.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Expect to it be up nice and early, well early for me, im getting the new magazine before I get into work! :carcus:

I am thinking that Owen and Co are going to be coming up to Griffith and his gangsta crew cleaning up the rest of the "monsters".

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
So this episode will after all most likely focus on Griffith & co... Well, it was more or less to be expected... I'm hoping we'll at least see a glipse of the boat before the end at least...

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
Thought so. Elfhelm won't be for awhile I bet. Maybe even in an entirely different chapter than Falconia (like right after it).
Were going to be hanging with Griffith while he gets his kingdom.

And judging by that picture I'd say the battle of Vritannis is over.

S

smoke

Great Invasion for an episode title seems pretty obvious considering the foreshadowed Kushan land general's arrival.

ROUND TWO
*ding*

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
I'm thinking Griffith is more likely to bring it to Ganishka from this point on then the other way around. That was a crushing defeat, and Ganishka's probably a little spooked from actually getting hurt. Maybe the land general will be in charge of fuckedupwyndham's defenses?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Funkmasta Zeph said:
And judging by that picture I'd say the battle of Vritannis is over.

Well, judging by the episode title and what's been announced in YA recently, I wouldn't say so. The first Kushan attack is over, that's for sure, but it looks like there's more to come.

Funkmasta Zeph said:
That was a crushing defeat, and Ganishka's probably a little spooked from actually getting hurt.

That is, Guts and friends destroyed a lot of Ganishka's troops, then with the help of Zodd they defeated him. The Neo Hawks themselves did nothing much apart from getting zapped. And I think Ganishka's more pissed than spooked right now. That being said, I also believe that Griffith will soon (once Vritannis' situation will be settled) start to take the final offensive against the Kushans and eventually strike at their heart.

Funkmasta Zeph said:
Maybe the land general will be in charge of fuckedupwyndham's defenses?

I doubt that. Daiba told him to advance his troops in episode 243 (implying on Vritannis), not to retreat. Besides Ganishka's not mortally wounded, I'm sure he could lead the troops he has in Wyndham if it was necessary.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
There'll be yet another break after this episode. And its duration is undisclosed, so we don't know when the next episode will be released. Miura seems rather unhappy about it but said that unfortunately the publication would be irregular for a while.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
There'll be yet another break after this episode. And its duration is undisclosed, so we don't know when the next episode will be released. Miura seems rather unhappy about it but said that unfortunately the publication would be irregular for a while.

thats unfortunate but I suppose not irregular. Good things come to those who wait.... eventually... I hope.... sometime...

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:

Hmmm...that's too bad, but I'm sure there's a good reason for it. Oh well.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Hmmm...that's too bad, but I'm sure there's a good reason for it. Oh well.

Well, I think he said he'll have to draw over 1000 characters for each episode, so that'll take time. To come back on the episode itself, it seems the four Tapasa will make an appearance. And it's definitely the Kushans invading (no surprise here).

Aazealh said:
Well, I think he said he'll have to draw over 1000 characters for each episode, so that'll take time. To come back on the episode itself, it seems the four Tapasa will make an appearance. And it's definitely the Kushans invading (no surprise here).

:eek:

More mass detailled mass battle drawn by Miura ? that's great news.

About the break,well,maybe Miura need to think carefully what to do next with Guts.I mean Griffith will defeat Ganishka and become a perfect replacement to Gaiseric,but thinking Guts´ new goal in life after arriving Elfhelm will be difficult (i really hope not to see him in a classic RPG quest to restore Casca´s mind ,like:"You need the XXX from XXX ,but take heed great dangers lies ahead,bla,bla,bla")
Well this is Berserk so this is not going to happen...probably....

Yes ,drawing that amount of characters without the aid of special effects could be the reason after all.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:

That sounds fantastic!  If the Tapasa are present, there's a good chance Silat will be with 'em.  This is gonna be good.  And major props to Miura for taking on the task of drawing the thousands of troops himself, instead of relying too heavily on his assistants.  Although, I imagine they'll be working their butts off, too.

Abstraction

Darkness is looking back at you
Aazealh said:

Oh Awesome, I've been wondering what Silat's been doing since volume 27.

And Rakshas too!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Baldulf said:
About the break,well,maybe Miura need to think carefully what to do next with Guts.I mean Griffith will defeat Ganishka and become a perfect replacement to Gaiseric

His breaks are usually to work on the plot, but this time it's different. And Griffith isn't just a "replacement" for Gaiseric, you know.

Baldulf said:
i really hope not to see him in a classic RPG quest to restore Casca´s mind

Why do people still post stuff like this after all these years? What's the interest when everybody knows it's not going to happen?

Baldulf said:
Yes ,drawing that amount of characters without the aid of special effects could be the reason after all.

It's not that it "could" be, we can be sure it's the main reason. Otherwise Miura wouldn't be saying so. Besides, regular breaks just skip an issue in general, but this time it's indeterminate.

Rhombaad said:
If the Tapasa are present, there's a good chance Silat will be with 'em.

Yeah, he's most like there as well.

Top Bottom