last volume

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
one book needs about 8 months to get finished.That seems to be long time(and for us it really is)but concerning the work that stands behind it is definetely not.
yeah but nevertheles there are still so many things or characters that Miura has to care about,develop and finish up.
so that he needs on the one hand a lot of time and on the other hand a lot of space too cause although he may see already an end he d like to stay patient and keep working as intense and concentrated as he always did,to keep the level of berserk up or even increase it(if that would be possible)

So it seems that berserk will be really part of our lifes for a long time.
yep...schnüff..."gut ding braucht weile"

The good thing is that he already has his ending. So no need to worry about a rush Job. I wonder if he'll end his series at book 27? That's the volume Hokuto no Ken ended at and he has said in past interviews that he is using HNK as inspiration. And I do see similarities. Miura seems to have the art of pacing down perfectly. Still 2006-07 is when I'm expecting an ending. And Berserk will be a part of our lives for a very long time even after the series is over (HNK finished over 14-15 years ago and it's still a part of my life. It's very popular and respected plus it's getting new cool merchadise all the time :) )

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
The good thing is that he already has his ending. So no need to worry about a rush Job. I wonder if he'll end his series at book 27? That's the volume Hokuto no Ken ended at and he has said in past interviews that he is using HNK as inspiration. And I do see similarities. Miura seems to have the art of pacing down perfectly. Still 2006-07 is when I'm expecting an ending. And Berserk will be a part of our lives for a very long time even after the series is over (HNK finished over 14-15 years ago and it's still a part of my life. It's very popular and respected plus it's getting new cool merchadise all the time  :)  )
feel kind of embarassed:What is HNK about? :-[

Kenoh-Sama

It's under the name "Fist of the North Star". Even Tho' it has a bad BAD reputation here in the U.S. of A it's a respected and loved series. The series is perfect all around. It's the best shonen series I ever read. It never went bad or dragged. and the ending unlike most shonen series is actually very very good. It holds up today. Almost every aspectof it has been adapted by other creators. Alot of Japanese Arch-type characters come from that manga (speaking only of the manga). Alot of epic fights are very similar to the Raoh and Kenshiro. It's can never be over stated what an impact this series made. It's arkira, Evangelion level in terms of impact. Although it's advertised as bloody and violent, the real theme is sadness. And man if the Berserk ending is as good as the HNK ending we are all in for a five star treat.

My name Kenoh-Sama is after Raoh from fist of the North star. It's a title he gave himself when he became King of the World. the Kenoh means "the fist King". Kenoh Sama is what alot of people call him, "Lord Fist King". If you love berserk you'll love HNK. I guarentee it! :) :) :)

blah

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
this is to something said much earlier in this thread... about this being the third of 4 parts...
so they finished the first part (griffith dies/ascends)... and made it into an anime series
now that theyve finished the second (griffith reborn)... will they start production of an anime series for that too?

any one hear anything about it?

magoamoth

Please... my egg... don't do anything to it... pro
Do you know another Hokuto no Ken story??
It really kicks ass, even 15 years after :)
Lethal kungfu and mass-murderers, it sounds pretty good ;)

maximus

It's under the name "Fist of the North Star". Even Tho' it has a bad BAD reputation here in the U.S. of A it's a respected and loved series. The series is perfect all around. It's the best shonen series I ever read. It never went bad or dragged. and the ending unlike most shonen series is actually very very good. It holds up today. Almost every aspectof it has been adapted by other creators. Alot of Japanese Arch-type characters come from that manga (speaking only of the manga). Alot of epic fights are very similar to the Raoh and Kenshiro. It's can never be over stated what an impact this series made. It's arkira, Evangelion level in terms of impact. Although it's advertised as bloody and violent, the real theme is sadness. And man if the Berserk ending is as good as the HNK ending we are all in for a five star treat.

. If you love berserk you'll love HNK. I guarentee it! :) :) :)
thank u for that detailed info! :)
I gonna try to get it somewhere!(got a tip??)

I don't now if I'm right, but I think that if he decide to stop Berserk at 25, maybe, Miura will kill Gatsu and made Casca et Griffith together King and Queen of Midland. With Miura you doesn't know !

Kenoh-Sama

thank u for that detailed info! :)
I gonna try to get it somewhere!(got a tip??)

Viz comics released four or five decent sized paperbacks in english that cover the first four Tankoban stories. It ends with Ken killing his brother jagi and mentions Raoh (HELL YEAH) for the first time. Above all else I recommend the comics! Their are 27 books (and a 15 volume hardcover version). Get them all!!!

shogunate

Look at me!
Werd. It's been years since I read "north star." I cant remember if I finished it or not... I can't remember the story well.
All I could remember is that my mom or older brother saw me reading a comic book with lots of violence (every book had at least 60 ppl getting decapitated or blown up) and ^.^ nudity, and got freakout and threw it away. Well I dont blame them.. I was 8 or 9. And I was too young to really appreciate the story anyway. Then I started reading Dragonball... ;D wow it's bringing back ol' memories.
I think I'll go to the Korean comic store and see if they still carry it. Well, I've got finals, so it'll happen in coupla weeks.
People! read "north star" because it's a KICKASS comic.

maximus

Viz comics released four or five decent sized paperbacks in english that cover the first four Tankoban stories. It ends with Ken killing his brother jagi and mentions Raoh (HELL YEAH) for the first time. Above all else I recommend the comics! Their are 27 books (and a 15 volume hardcover version). Get them all!!!
thanks again for the tip!! ;D
I let u know when i got it!
however it will surely take some time cause here in austria comics are not easy to get!

Kenoh-Sama

Do you know another Hokuto no Ken story??
It really kicks ass, even 15 years after :)
Lethal kungfu and mass-murderers, it sounds pretty good ;)

By the way your picture kicks ass! Where is it from?

magoamoth

Please... my egg... don't do anything to it... pro
Yep !
Tenshi no Tamago (Angel's Egg in english) OVA made in 1985, realized by Oshii Mamoru and charadesigned by Amano Yoshitaka.
Best movie ever for me (after Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä's Miyazaki that is above all).
Really strange, poetic and mysterious. (a kind of animated dream, almost speechless, the only thing you have to do is let your spirit fly away and enjoy this feeling)

Japanish DVD is out last summer (I bought it and even there is only the movie and some rough drawings of Amano, this is an item I totally don't regret to buy) :)

Top Bottom