Episode 189

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
Re: Chapter 189 thoughts (spoiler for chapter)

Was the kiss a soft and sweet  type of kiss or is it "I'm so dam horny!!" type of kiss?

I hate it when some horny bastard try to rape Caska.  She went throught so much trama and she doesn't deserve this kind of shit. >:(

I know what your thinking.  Its just a story but fuck man, I can't help it.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use

The question is, how does Caska react to the kiss?

Remember that Gutts' and Caska's love was boundless back in the day. Caska could be in a total hissy fit rampage and it would take one kiss from good ole' Gutts to calm her down. She's puddy in his hands.... ;D

Maybe he kissed her now just to calm her down. But the question still remains...how will she react?....

Isaac

"and when king alexander saw the breadth of h

Yeah man if i was Caska i would keep a sharpened pencil eraser first in my crotch.

I guess if her being assaulted is beginning to trigger her old reflexes then its necessary. Ah well like Gatts says it must be hard to be a woman (er' something like that)

Isaac

Isaac

No, a sharpened pencil that would go in eraser first, dumb joke sorry, i'm retarted.

Isaac

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

....I dont know what you people are talking about in the messages directly above mine...but to answer a few of your questions about the new chapter...

Guts forcibly kisses Casca. There is no denying it. The last few panels before the kiss focuses on her naked body, covered in the blood of the men she just killed. Casca swings her sword at Guts, who knocks it away, trips her, then forces his knee onto her chest. He then gets this insane look in his eyes, then kisses her in a panel that is BLATANTLY an allusion to when Femto first kisses Casca in volume 13 ("Griff...*KISS*"). And Casca looks "suprised". But her reaction cant really be judged accurately, because the kiss takes up 2 full pages, and then the chapter ends....190 will contain the answer to that question.

As for where Puck is? First of all, why does it matter? And second of all, he's in the beginning of the chapter, but after that he's just kinda not there...I guess Miura just didnt think it was necessary to draw him in.

Also, one thing I think Cronus overlooked when reviewing the chapter is the BADASS flashback to the eclipse that Casca has. Its basically a full page picture of the eclipse, revamped with the new style of Miura's art. Anyway Its my favorite picture Miura has done since that painting of Griffith on the splash page of sk.net. I'll be putting that image, and one other (probably the kiss, to show you guys the parallel between femto/guts) here in this post sometime this week. (Id do it right now but my scanner doesnt work, and I have to use my girlfriends)

Also, one thing I think Cronus overlooked when reviewing the chapter is the BADASS flashback to the eclipse that Casca has. Its basically a full page picture of the eclipse, revamped with the new style of Miura's art.

??

There's a particularly powerful picture here with Casca screaming in front of the black moon(well, I like it, damn it!)

I guess I wasn't descriptive enough? :)

As for where Puck is? First of all, why does it matter?

Well, because Puck is "Guts' conscience", and without him, Guts may not be able to restrain himself and may make things even worse in the next episode... ^^;

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider

I guess Miura just didnt think it was necessary to draw him in.

Haha... :D
It's so funny to immagine Puck, as a living character, protest to the author: "why didnae draw me?" "I matter too, dammit!"...
hihi, just brings you abruptly to reality, saying they're drawn...man, I feel like they live...

Isaac

Did they set up camp at all before Caska ran off? If so maybe he left Puck to hold down the fort while he found Caska.

Isaac

Did they set up camp at all before Caska ran off?  If so maybe he left Puck to hold down the fort while he found Caska.

Or maybe Guts and Puck were both looking for Casca in two different directions?...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Chapter starts, puck is talking to guts, guts finds that casca escaped during the night. Puck heads off to find her. Guts looks as well. Guts remembers the 'old times' with casca. casca gets her clothes torn off, remembers the eclipse and screams. Guts hears and runs towards it. You know the rest.

Puck is looking elsewhere.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use

So what will happen you ask?? Will Puck come in time to stop Guts from making a horrible mistake in taking Caska right there and then.......NO....not at all....it is the SkullKnight who will show up...and thus, finally making his long awaited arrival into the story 8)

Thats what I think will happen :eek:

So what will happen you ask?? Will Puck come in time to stop Guts from making a horrible mistake in taking Caska right there and then.......NO....not at all....it is the SkullKnight who will show up...and thus, finally making his long awaited arrival into the story 8)

Thats what I think will happen :eek:

I was thinking about the Skullknight appearing durring Guts and Caskas journey to Elfhelm and you're right this would be a good time for the skullknight to appear.

Well it's either Skullknight, Iron Chain Knights, or Schierke! Someone has to show up unless Guts actually gets a flashback or Caska somehow talks and calls him Griffith ;) Wouldn't that put a damper on things.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Well it's either Skullknight, Iron Chain Knights, or Schierke! Someone has to show up unless Guts actually gets a flashback or Caska somehow talks and calls him Griffith  ;) Wouldn't that put a damper on things.
I dont think we'll see the HICKS again...Azan said he would leave the vatican after reporting to them about the Mozgus/Griffith Rebirth incident. Farneeze and Serpico....I dont think we'll see them for a while. If anything theyd be a good group to start a chapter with, and have 5 or so pages of where the HELL they are during all of this.

If anyone will interrupt Guts, its going to be Puck. And I have a strong gut feeling that this whole incident will draw Guts and Casca closer, rather than further apart.

Perhaps Casca will have her "first words" soon?

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!

I think there is connection when Charotte got laid by Griff and what is happenning in this chapter.
I notise that Grif seemed distruped or surprised after bangin her.  I don't know the answer why he did it but I don't think he did it  because he care for her.

Also, I find it kind of wierd that Gatts would do something like this.  I believe he have a good heart.   After all that he been through, he have never kill anyone without a just cause or take advantage over a woman.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

I think there is connection when Charotte got laid by Griff and what is happenning in this chapter.
I notise that Grif seemed distruped or surprised after bangin her.  I don't know the answer why he did it but I don't think he did it  because he care for her.
Its quite clear that Griffith "took" charlotte so he could manually advance his dream of gaining a kingdom. He did this in direct consequence of Guts leaving him, making Griff feel impotent, and without control. Anyway as we all know, his plan failed horribly.
Also, I find it kind of wierd that Gatts would do something like this.  I believe he have a good heart.   After all that he been through, he have never kill anyone without a just cause or take advantage over a woman.
Is it that strange? Put yourself in his shoes. Guts is human as well. Hes not some perfect good guy. Hes been roaming the world for three years. The love of his life has the mind of a 2 year old, his best friend is a genderless fairy...I know that I sure as hell would be sexually repressed...
[/quote]

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?

Guts is human as well. Hes not some perfect good guy. Hes been roaming the world for three years. The love of his life has the mind of a 2 year old, his best friend is a genderless fairy...I know that I sure as hell would be sexually repressed...

what about the she-apostle that guts banged (yeah, bad pun) in vol 1? what a way to introduce the main character, i'd say! ;D

Top Bottom