Episode 189

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Chapter 189 thoughts (spoiler for chapter)

what about the she-apostle that guts banged (yeah, bad pun) in vol 1? what a way to introduce the main character, i'd say!  ;D
Also an extremely UN-GUTS thing to do, considering the current Guts...

Isaac

"and when king alexander saw the breadth of h

Yeah that part bugs me, I don't like that he cheated on Caska, even if she is flakier then instant mashed potatoes.

Isaac

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!

oh, I thought that Griff was processed by a demon when he bang Charlette.

Walter made a interesting point that Gatts is sexually repressed.  I guess thats possible.  

Gatts is so screw up psychlogicaly: rape, abondonment, child abuse etc etc etc...
I'm not a psycholgist but I think Gatts have gone  COMPLETLY insane.

what about the she-apostle that guts banged (yeah, bad pun) in vol 1? what a way to introduce the main
character, i'd say

I don't think Gatts fuck the monster for pleasurable reason. His motive was to kill the monster and sex was part of his plan. (I think)

I don't think Gatts fuck the monster for pleasurable reason. His motive was to kill the monster and sex was part of his plan. (I think)

well he certainly didnt bother doing that with all the others did he? i really dont think Miura had a concrete idea of who he wanted Guts to be when he began Berserk.

lyricaldanichan

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun!

Yeah that part bugs me, I don't like that he cheated on Caska, even if she is flakier then instant mashed potatoes.

Isaac

I was a bit suprised by that as well, I actually thought maybe Casuka died in the "future". I do agree with
ranemaka13 that Mirua did not have the storyline
set.

Danielle

CnC

Ad Oculos

well keep in mind this was the first scene of the ENTIRE series. It had to be "intriguing".
Plus its possible Miura hadn't even thought of Casca (or her as a romantic figure), just the betrayal of griffith (which we saw quite early on).

M

Majin_Gatsu

Also, that first sequence might have been some kind of dream or something. Either way, Gatsu does not seem like the kind of person that would have casual sex, having the aversion to affection that he does. Or does anyone think that he's overcome his past?

Guts had sex with her just to get close to her so he can catch her by surprise and kill her easily.

I agree, that encounter had nothing to do with lust. In fact I'm inclined to say it was a very Griffith-like manuever i.e. sleeping with Gennon.

Maybe he was taking pleasure in the fact that he was turning the Apostle's own trap against her..

CnC

Ad Oculos

He hadn't thought of her, indeed.

I thought not... when Caska came into the picture he became "faithful"

possible excuses:

its not cheating if its a monster
its not cheating if the person you're cheating on doesn't exist yet

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!

Gatts relationship with Caska is a total mess. At this point, I don't think Gatts is in love with her anymore because she remind him of the pain and suffering at the elipise and also she's insane. In fact, deep down, he probably want to kill her?

Do anyone agree with this?

i personally dont think Guts has any intention of hurting Caska in any way. he hates Griffith for what he did to the Hawks and to his only love, Caska. what Guts did at the eclipse as Femto raped her demonstrates just what pain he will suffer in order to try to keep her safe.
i think he still legitamtely loves her, despite what that shadow beast said. he wants to cure her and return her to the woman he fell in love with. i believe he's keeping her around to make sure she's safe. when he left to search for Griffith the first time, she ran away and we all know how that turned out (most of you anyway)...
does she keep his hatred for Griffith alive? sure, but i think thatd only be normal for most people. i mean, Griffith messed her up real bad, she's nothing like how she used to be (although she is showing signs of sweet, sweet recovery). Guts wants revenge for both her and the Hawks. he still loves her and will continue to do anything to keep her safe.
just my 2 cents... ;)

CnC

Ad Oculos

Also, that first sequence might have been some kind of dream or something.
doubtful...

While Guts' and Caska's relationship has had its ups and downs - such as the occasional monster fuck, mental retardation, eclipse, and being attacked by monsters every night - I beleive SOMETHING is driving Guts to protect Caska. And mostly likely thats love.

pav

"Are you lookin at me?"

ask and ye shall receive

a12.jpg

It doesn't look quite as bad as I imagined. The fact that her eyes are closed and not wide open in shock is probably a good sign. I don't have the manga yet but in the anime the former was true for Caska when Femto first kissed her.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Thats not the initial kiss panel, its the last page. The initial kiss has Casca's eyes wide open and a "nnnn" sound coming from her mouth. Ill get the scanner stuff working tomorrow hopefully...I dont know how though.

I'll take back what I said. :) Now I'm worried that Guts will go all the way. If Puck doesn't intervene or Guts can't control himself, I see a human Guts Jr. in the future.Then again, predicting Miura is often pointless.

puella

Berserk forever

great! casca is getting sexier everyday. i think that is important,too. but Guts won't have a sex with her, i'm sure!
under such a condition? no!
besides, Casca was shut her mind out because of Femto's rape.
if guts do that, out of tireness and lust for her..., guts makes a serious mistake with her!! maybe casca thinks Guts is the one who raped her before. it's horrible!
but i get to have a feeling Guts kills casca unintendedly just like Gambino! that's Guts' destiny, i think.

I'm not sure. While Guts has been a former rape victim and all, its not the first time the thought of banging casca came to mind o_o;

and it's been a while... but I'm sure pakk will show up and rui-... er.. save Gutts from doing this.

Yeah, the last time he was this bad, he was foiled by the fact he only had one arm.

He definitly doesn't have that problem here.

Top Bottom