AOW - Guts & Farnese resin kits

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Art of War said:
To commemorate ART OF WAR's 10th anniversary, 100 sets of "Guts & Farnese" in the state of resin kits as a special offer will be released.

Everyone can make a try to create your own original works by arranging the shape in details and changing the colors, etc.

For especially well-done works, we will upload your photos on ART OF WAR's homepage.

Open for order at 11:00 a.m. 20 January (Japanese time)

Guts & Farnese ~Model Kits~

http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/index.php

ART OF WAR

Has it been 10 years already for AOW? Time flies. Anyway, do I read a challenge here guys? I want at least one photo from SK.net on there, and pronto! :SK:

Aazealh said:
To commemorate ART OF WAR's 10th anniversary, 100 sets of "Guts & Farnese" in the state of resin kits as a special offer will be released.
Just got an email about this myself - sounds great, but why is it that I'm worried about how much this 'special offer' is going to cost?

Ooooh! This is a cool special offer. I'll definitely have John work on this one! I want his work on the AOW website! Although I know that the Japanese painting style is different than John's style. John has that more gritty, realistic style, where as the Japanese usually paint their kits with a more clean, polished style. Both of course are good, but I'm pretty sure AOW will prefer more of the "clean" style.

Anyways, I just hope it won't be TOO expensive. With my move to New York coming in 2 weeks, my spending habits are going to have to change for a good while. Meaning, no more kit/statue buying for a while :judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Although I know that the Japanese painting style is different than John's style. John has that more gritty, realistic style, where as the Japanese usually paint their kits with a more clean, polished style. Both of course are good, but I'm pretty sure AOW will prefer more of the "clean" style.

Not necessarily, if his style is different he'll have more chance to be in there than if he just do the same thing everybody else does. I'm sure it'll work out. :serpico:

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
As a frequent visitor of Berserkstatues.com I'd say John's is easily the most talented artist to ever touch a Berserk Kit. Many praises I now lavish upon his work. :guts:

Well, I waited up til 2am to see it appear on the website and to find out if it was in my price range. 25,000 Yen is about what I was expecting, but it's more than I really would pay for something I would probably wreck with my amateur model making skills. Also, the comment - "Notice: A more than middle-level capacity for kit-modeling is necessary to finish the works." did help to scare me off even more. Good luck and congratulations to anyone who has, or is going to buy one though. Can't wait to see what John comes up with on this one Derek!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I find it a bit expensive for what it is. Anyway, apparently you have to send printed photographs by postal mail, e-mails and the like won't cut it. That's to prevent digital editing I think.

Aazealh said:
I find it a bit expensive for what it is. Anyway, apparently you have to send printed photographs by postal mail, e-mails and the like won't cut it. That's to prevent digital editing I think.

Thought that was a bit strange about having to send printed photos. Surely you could still get your edited pics printed out at any photo lab onto photographic media and send those in?

Those pics of the model kit on the site show what the statue will look like from some more angles though. Looks quite impressive. Wish the scale was larger though, but god knows how much it would cost then.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Grovel said:
Surely you could still get your edited pics printed out at any photo lab onto photographic media and send those in?

Well yeah, but you're not supposed to. Editing several pictures carefully enough not for it to be noticable, then printing them like real photographs would be quite a bother only to get your statue on a website. Might as well just do a great painting job on the statue instead of trying to cheat.

Anyway, looking at their instructions again, they're saying that "Processed photos are not acceptable." If I'm not mistaken that means you'll need to send them the undeveloped film directly (requiring an analog camera). That way there's really not going to be any cheating.

I know this is really old, but I just got my kit finished and want to show it to you folks. Also, if anyone looking one for himself, it on sale at YHJ at this very moment: http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n144407594

Anyway, I received mine for a really nice price. Unfortunately, many parts were broken and it was a really hard to assemble everything together. His knifes, dagger, sword grip, ghost hands are new sculpt. Horse lost both front legs and tail, the only thing that was actually in good condition - stand and Farnese.
It was painted by my friend, he usually paints Warhammer soldiers and it was his first garage kit work. And here the pictures!

oqlExRc.jpg

SzxYBex.jpg

8xhDxyo.jpg

0woXZd4.jpg

Another restock! http://www.art-of-war.jp/product/198
I wonder why AoW not producing more resin versions, or even PVC statues.

Top Bottom