Episode 191

bebpo

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
First I just have to say that Miura's art just keeps getting more gorgeous. I really don't know any other Manga artists that can make 2/3 painting-worthy illustrations in just 2 weeks time, this chapter has 2 I'd love to see walter color :)

...191 starts where 190 left with Farnese asking if she can come along, I can't read much kanji so I'll just say that there's about 3 pages of her talking to Guts. Then she gets up and takes her sword, and cuts off her pony-tails, making her look actually look like a normal sad girl. Not to too mention she looks like serpico's sister with the almost the same hair-style. Guts say's "do what u like/want", and Farnese is happy that she can come along. Guts looks out into the rising/setting sun and thinks to himself something about it being better to be with people because then he won't hurt casca (I think, I understood maybe 65% of this, so I'm probally way off). While Guts he walking away from the casca, he glances at her and thinks about her smile and thinks something (which I think is when will/can she can be like that again, smiling), and then the next page is a gorgous pic of Guts walking walking away saying "not yet" and at the bottom left it says "The night's curtain draws close". Cut to a 2-page spread of a battlefield with soldiers getting ready to fight, cut to the leader whose a young boy (detailed enough that if he doesn't die next chapter he may be a supporting character or not), there talking about the upcoming battle and I think someone on says that the opposite side is led by a white ??? (falcon/hawk?), Griffith. Which makes everyone nevous, but he gives them a pep-talk and 2 pages later they charge the battlefield. And then we get the picture alot of people will like, last 2 pages, right page, 2 panels of the camera panning to the top of the hill, and then a white siloutte of someone with a cape/mantle on a horse. Left page Griffith's new helmet. To be continued on 12/14...

There's also a pic of the Casca bust, and an add for Hirasawa's Solar Ray album (which I have to say I thought the Berserk 1.5 was kind of dissapointing song, but some of the other song mixes are cool).

Mainly just a build-up chapter with a few nice character development sections along the way. But come next chapter :) :) :)

They always put breaks before the good stuff.

--bebpo

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
Re: 191 thoughts and short summary

Wow!, Thanks for the translation.

I'm interested to know more about this other guy and his army.    

I can't wait to hear what happen next.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use

Thanks bebpo :D

Then she gets up and takes her sword,  and cuts off her pony-tails, making her look actually look like a normal sad girl.  

This is a major step for Farnese. She cutting her hair is very symbolic. She is killing her old ways and beliefs to start anew. I belive she will become a very good ally for Gutts. It has been said that she can't fight well, but her resolve has been renewed. I believe she will learn fast.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use

Cut to a 2-page spread of a battlefield with soldiers getting ready to fight, cut to the leader whose a young boy (detailed enough that if he doesn't die next chapter he may be a supporting character or not),

Hey bebpo!!

How does this young leader or his soldiers look like? Can you give description? I wonder which army Griffith is fighting, does it say?? Midland, Chudan, Kushan, or other??

My guess is that there might be a civil war going on since the resident Monarchy is in shambles.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

>>(Old school BSOM style quotes) 2 panels of the camera panning to the top of the hill, and then a white siloutte of someone with a cape/mantle on a horse.  Left page Griffith's new helmet.  To be continued on 12/14...

Huh? I really didnt understand that part...What kind of "mantle"? What do you mean?

bebpo

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

It's just the silouette had something that looked like a cape, I don't have any of my volumes with me here so I can't check and don't remember if the new griffith has a cape or not so I don't want to say it's 100% sure it's cape, but it's a siloutte shaped like a cape (but could be something else).

sorry, I'm bad at describing pictures :\

--bebpo

puella

Berserk forever

that's a fantastic chapter! Wow thank you, Bebpo.
I didn't think Guts will take Farneese so easily but My guess, Guts' acceptance Farneese for Caska, is right.  
I think Serpico was there, too absolutely.
and its' so good Guts and Caska can go way to elvesville. I doubt if Guts lost Caska and she met Griffith. Nope in that chapter.

come to like Farneese~ My favorite female character was only Luca but I like Farneese' drastic change.
Farneese can be compared with Caska in many ways.
While Farneese was arrogant, saddistic and noble girl, Caska was innocent, loyal and lovely amazon. they were quite different.
However, both of them would meet two great changes meeting Guts in their life. Caska gets changes in object of love but Farneese gets object to love. And they have the same terrific change in their mental state.
I can't wait Miura's long break , rather kill me!! :'(

How does this young leader or his soldiers look like? Can you give description? I wonder which army Griffith is fighting, does it say?? Midland, Chudan, Kushan, or other??

It looks like that new character is a nobleman from Midland. Not a _big_ nobleman, though. ^^;
So I don't know if they're really supposed to fight Griffith.

Anyway, now that Farnese cut her hair... Well, I guess there could be some kind of "love triangle(s)" in the near future... ^^

The Knight is called Mule Sama proving once again that Berserk has some of the stupidest fucking names for their characters.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!

The Knight is called Mule Sama proving once again that Berserk has some of the stupidest fucking names for their characters.

Couldn't it be Mure Sama then?

Mure sounds like a perfectly acceptable name...

Agh! Another issue I want! So... the buildup continues, now we just need to add the little witch girl *evil wink* to the mix....

And then both Gatts and Griffith has their own little bands...

Well with all these people in a group...maybe now Guts can get some much needed sleep...since Puck has proven himself unreliable as bodyguard... ;)

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?

actually, sleeping with a group is much more dangerous...you'd never know if an incubus would possess your companions and attack you while sleeping

puella

Berserk forever

I wanna see Caska and Puck possessed.   :p
When possessed, what are gonna coming out from their inner obsession?
I guess Puck possessed to try to kill Guts.
So will do possessed Caska.
poor Guts~

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.

first off, thanks for the summary, bebpo.

second off, anybody got a thorough summary of the dialogue yet? dialogue is more important than any other aspect of this chapter, it appears.

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?

Anyway, now that Farnese cut her hair... Well, I guess there could be some kind of "love triangle(s)" in the near future... ^^

i'd guess it would be a one way admiration --kinda like jill

Guts .. and Farnese?  ::groan::
How long will it take before Guts realize that Casca despites him while Farnese loves him?
It may not be "love" as far as Guts is concerned, but I wouldn't be surprised if "something" happens eventually... And Serpico won't like that.

puella

Berserk forever

How long will it take before Guts realize that Casca despites him while Farnese loves him?
It may not be "love" as far as Guts is concerned, but I wouldn't be surprised if "something" happens eventually... And Serpico won't like that.
I think Miura will try new "love plot" soon in the manga. I'd take a guess from chap 190 Guts hurt Caska anyway.
this is a real serious problem to Guts as well as Caska. I mean Guts come to realize that he might hurt Caska again so that he himself would be away from Caska.
Of course Guts won't give up his first love forever like most of other main male characters( this dissatisfy me ; " Why main charcater has to love just one man or woman in their life? Even if their love already died or abandoned the main characters...")
But Guts might have another love, Farneese. In addition, Farneese can give him a true love and admiration which present Caska can't. this is very important.
Caska should be left behind in the elvesville. So she can't fight or love as what she used to. She's just a scar and sacrifice by Griffith as long as can't get her mind back ; this can make the story drasticlly tragic, I think.
Besides, I'm sure Griffith will find her someday or vice versa and then Caska would be another trouble maker to Guts.
It doesn't seem to me there would be a happy ending for poor two lovers, Guts and Caska.(IMHO)

I think Miura will try new "love plot" soon in the manga. I'd take a guess from chap 190 Guts hurt Caska anyway.
this is a real serious problem to Guts as well as Caska. I mean Guts come to realize that he might hurt Caska again so that he himself would be away from Caska.
Of course Guts won't give up his first love forever like most of other main male characters( this dissatisfy me ; " Why main charcater has to love just one man or woman in their life? Even if their love already died or abandoned the main characters...")
But Guts might have another love, Farneese. In addition, Farneese can give him a true love and admiration which present Caska can't. this is very important.
Caska should be left behind in the elvesville. So she can't fight or love as what she used to. She's just a scar and sacrifice by Griffith as long as can't get her mind back ; this can make the story drasticlly tragic, I think.
Besides, I'm sure Griffith will find her someday  or vice versa and then Caska would be another trouble maker to Guts.
It doesn't seem to me there would be a happy ending for poor two lovers, Guts and Caska.(IMHO)

I personallly think and hope Guts will keep Caska around. First of all, she was his first and only love. I dont think he ever had such emotions as love before he met her, so she kinda "taught" him what love is. and the possibility of her reminding him of his hatred for Griffith is another reason he'd keep her around. She could also lure Griffith out somehow, so thatd be another good thing for Guts to keep her around.
Also, Caska was a pretty damn good fighter. If she ever does regain her sanity (which seems pretty damn likely more and more now), she will be able to aid Guts in the fight as well(if she wishes to, that is. It could be a possibilty that she doesnt want to go against Griff).
I think of Guts with Farnese and i just dont see it. the only thing that she seems to give him is her "near-sanity". Let's face it, she aint exactly of complete sound mind, if ya know what i mean, but she is more sane than Caska... She also doesnt seem to be a very good fighter. she seems to always to get scared when someone attacks her...

i dunno, i just dont see them two together... could be wrong though. I'd personally choose Caska over Farnese any day, but thats just me...

Caska and Guts have been through way too much for Farnese to be a serious part of the picture. Caska may very well be a reminder of Griffith but we must understand that Griffith isn't entirely evil himself and there may be room for reconciliation in the future.I think whatever does or doesn't happen at Elfhelm will determine the future of Caska and Guts. In any event, I think if Farnese really starts to fall for Guts it will be a one-way thing, or so I hope.

Top Bottom