God of war II

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
The first one was one of the best game of ps2, but GOW II will be absolutely incredible.

At this address, http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/811/811719/vids_1.html

take a look at the video named : stabby, it's on ps2 but it's incredible.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's looking nice, just more of the same in better, which is what everybody wants. I hope the game will last a little longer this time though.

The director said the game should last between 15 and 17 hours for your first playthrough. This doesn't apply to me as I usually tear through a new game in a few days.

New trailer that gives it a movie feel:

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=2567

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently the game's close to completion and only debugging's left to do. It should be out next month in the US. The trailer looks great anyway, this promises to be good.

dwarfkicker said:
The director said the game should last between 15 and 17 hours for your first playthrough. This doesn't apply to me as I usually tear through a new game in a few days.

You can easily put 15 hours of playtime in a game in a few days you know. Of course the guy could be lying about it (being "very optimistic").

I'm basing that off how I play. I've heard developers say such and such about playtime and then I just totally destroy that. But then I'm also eager to run through, experience it quick, take in the story. And then when I go back through and try to do everything the game has to offer is when I get "close" to their suggested playtime. But that's just me. :guts:

Dirty Dog

GOW II? :eek:
for the PS2 too? :guts:

I never even managed to finish the first one, didn't have it long enough :judo: but I definitely liked it.

lacroixma

I'm still new.
dwarfkicker said:
I'm basing that off how I play.  I've heard developers say such and such about playtime and then I just totally destroy that.  But then I'm also eager to run through, experience it quick, take in the story.  And then when I go back through and try to do everything the game has to offer is when I get "close" to their suggested playtime.  But that's just me. :guts:

I will be getting the game and loved the first one.  But I am here just to practice quoting lol... sorry.

dwarfkicker said:

New trailer that gives it a movie feel:

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=2567

I hope this works... Long live Athena...
Aazealh said:
It's looking nice, just more of the same in better, which is what everybody wants. I hope the game will last a little longer this time though.

once more... Mouahahaha
Pesmerga said:
For me the last
Will this work? find out  next time on the next ep of ....DBZ!!!!
great game on ps2 will be Hokuto no Ken in March :guts:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I'll be honest -- I wasn't blown away by the first God of War. It was a fantastic game, don't get me wrong, but the hype I had heard before picking it up somewhat shifted my impression. Be that as it may, I am excited about this release: especially after reading IGN's Review. I picked a new copy of God of War when it went for $20, but without that "Greatest Hits" crap all over it... so paying full price for the sequel seems only fair =P

This is surely going to be the last "incredible" release for the PS2, so I feel I owe this to my unit -- even if it effects my studying
serpicoDED.gif

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
It's really shocking to me that I've spent a lot more time on my PS2 than my shiny new Xbox 360 in the last five months. That system is going out with a bang.

With God of War poised for launch, the hits don't show much chance of letting up. (after this there's still Odin's Spear, and I hope against hope, Grimgrimoire)

I loved the first one and this looks better in every way!
I still think it's successful launch had a little more to do with the blood and nudity the its excellent presentation or gameplay, but hey, I'm not too bitter.

I can't say swinging around the Artemis (?) sword in GOW didn't have me feeling Guts-ish, so I look forward to the sequel. I loved the first game, albeit it was a little short (I think I was able to kill through God mode in a week under 7 hours) so hopefully GOWII makes up for that.

Majin Femto

Evil Incarnate
Manji said:
I can't say swinging around the Artemis (?) sword in GOW didn't have me feeling Guts-ish, so I look forward to the sequel. I loved the first game, albeit it was a little short (I think I was able to kill through God mode in a week under 7 hours) so hopefully GOWII makes up for that.
lol the Blade of Artemis definitely left me with the rage of the berserk intact waiting for another chance to unsheathe it. People say they weren't really impressed with it but IMO it wuz one of the best games i ever played... given it could have been a few hours longer. For me... dying and being taken to the underworld, fighting thru all of the god hands disciples, only to be saved by the gravedigger wuz one of the best game twists i've seen in a long time. I never saw it comin... so i expect GOWII to be pretty damn good. A definite investment for me.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Majin Femto said:
dying and being taken to the underworld, fighting thru all of the god hands disciples

What are you talking about? We get the point: you like the God Hand very much. But let's not start mislabeling everything...

I guess he's talking about some type of similarity between the Greek Gods and God Hand?...Though I really didn't find anything myself that reminded me of Berserk asides from a muscle bound human with a huge (not primary weapon) sword chopping up monsters, but that was a guilty pleasure.

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
Manji said:
I think I was able to kill through God mode in a week under 7 hours

:isidro: Well done sir! That God difficulty had me going for at least two weeks!
Hopefully God of War II is tailor made for people with your talent/dedication/madskillz.

Locus of Agony said:
:isidro: Well done sir! That God difficulty had me going for at least two weeks!
Hopefully God of War II is tailor made for people with your talent/dedication/madskillz.
Thanks. To be fair, maybe it was a little more than a week (aka 8-9 days, but I took a few off so eh) and I did have a bitching time at some points, but either through stubborn-ness or frustration I find myself unable to let supposed hard games (Ninja Gaiden/DMC3/God Hand ((lol)) Keep me down. I actually haven't bought GoW II yet, I was going to yesterday but eh, family usually sends me an easter gift/money, so I'll just ask for some help on getting that (need to save money for fixing up my car, mileage tuning etc)

OliDaGoalie

it's me, D'a Lurker ;)
GOW II is amazing, haven't finished the game yet,
I'm taking my sweet time, don't want the game to end.
lot's of bosses, gameplay is smooth like the first one

I'd love it if Miura could make a Bogus chapter (ain't gonna happen I know) about a duel : Guts vs Kratos... just try to see it in your mind..
seriously... who would win? :carcus:

OliDaGoalie said:
I'd love it if Miura could make a Bogus chapter (ain't gonna happen I know) about a duel : Guts vs Kratos... just try to see it in your mind..
In all honesty I don't see them on par (nor do I love versus threads). Kratos is the same spartan that begged for his life and mercy from a god when he was losing to the very people who could be viewed as mini-"berserkers". Kratos becomes undeniably strong -after- he's given his power, but eh, they're screwing around with an entire mythology as if it were fanfiction, they can use an infinite amount of mythos resources to make Kratos damn near invincible, and therefore I don't find it solidly founded enough to really argue them on the same "level", again its another "Goku vs Superman" thing, and I'm fond of neither.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I've only really done the first level and that was like a little movie all in itself. Great stuff.

OliDaGoalie said:

Thats up there with the worst ideas I've ever heard in this forum. 'grats.

OliDaGoalie

it's me, D'a Lurker ;)
ok, now that I re-read my post, I know it kinda sucks (miura chapter, I should've skipped that), but I like GOW2 alot, never made a vs thread in my life, the thing I had in mind was really what would a fight look like between Kratos and Gutz, like that, without analysing anything ...
ack, forget I said anything, gimme the worst post award, thank you, my mistake

I can't wait to get GoW II, I loved the first one to death.  For you guys that've played it, how is the Barbarian King fight?  That's what I can't wait to do, I've always loved that bearish guy.  :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Mario Batali said:
I can't wait to get GoW II, I loved the first one to death. For you guys that've played it, how is the Barbarian King fight? That's what I can't wait to do, I've always loved that bearish guy. :guts:

I just beat him on normal last night. Cool boss. Not especially challenging to fight, but the concept of there being a history between you two makes him one of the more memorable fights (albeit not as epic as the Colossus fight).

Just beat it last night... i know what you mean about the bosses being pathetic... spoilers ahead(dont know how to hide... feel free to tell me):

i had a harder time going down the ramp to the 2nd sister... seriously, i did like 5 times...
one of my favorite parts was fighting Perseus... that was a real nice touch... a good laugh but i did miss Burgess Meredith... "get up ya bum, Ammon loves ya"

Edit by Walter: The hide tag is [ hide ] [/ hide ] without the spaces. Whoops! It's not implemented yet. Good call! uhh... sorry! I'll just shrink it :carcus:

Top Bottom