Biggest Change Ever...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
A while back, days after we were virtually forced to ban Paradiselost, I got an email that said:

"
...hi Wally...

...I'm sorry you took your idiot decision...

...however, I'll respect it, no problem...

...but, I really hope you'll be able to respct my next decision, boy...

...I'm really sorry...

(((((((((((((((((((

... what's a pity...

-Paradiselost
"

Well, I dont know what a pity is, but I do know that the following message sucks for all of us.

Today I got this email.

"We at Hakusensha Inc. is a publishing company
of BERSERK.
Thank you for your reading our comics, but as you
notice, it is illegal to use any of Berserk illustrations as
well as our other comics' illustrations.

Please delete Berserk illustrations and related comments
immediately, and please do not use them from now on.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hakusensha Inc.
Rights Management Division
"

Which means, bye bye to scans. Im not even going to attempt to go against Hakusensha, they fully have the right to take legal action against me. Personally Im very satisfied with this, since all I have to do is remove scans. It was bound to happen one day, however...I think its safe to say that you can blame Paradiselost for contacting Hakusensha, since he had contacted them a few weeks earlier about the relevance of "Chapter 83". Yes, it is safe to blame Paradiselost for ruining the fun for everyone.

Oh and on a completely seperate note, email is:
paradiselost@iol.it

PS: Yes it really was Hakusensha, the mail came from the PR guy @hakusensha.co.jp

PPS: Dont inform Hakusensha of Yong's site. I dont want to pull some kind of tantrum and attack Yong in this childish fashion as well. If Hakusensha cant keep an eye on their own merchandise, and need a "bitter informant" to help them, well..thats just plain wrong. But thats just my opinion.

From all of the community Paradiselost, Thanks. Youve really done a productive deed here this day. It is the perfect productive, instead.

-Walter

What a shame and how ironic is it that Yong's site is the one that still has scans? Paradiselost you are the Adon of the Berserk community.

Yeah, I think I will order it when I get the money... but since I have about, zero bucks between books this term (120 bucks for a 50 page book, and the like) and leisure money, it'll be a while

N

Narumi

That's fine and good...though I have to say, if I hadn't read the manga translations I wouldn't have got as interested as I did in the series...and probably wouldn't be planning to buy them. Yong, and SK.net actually helped in selling manga, not stopping sales.

As for Yong, he also has passworded the new stuff from Young Animal...no chance of getting that outside of a subscription...and I can't afford that :'(

Yong, and SK.net actually helped in selling manga, not stopping sales.

I wouldn't say that about Yong... He scanned entire volumes.

As for Yong, he also has passworded the new stuff from Young Animal...no chance of getting that outside of a subscription...and I can't afford that  :'(

See, that's why I thought that scanning recent episodes wasn't _that_ bad... If I was Japanese, I could read new episodes without any problem, and for free...

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Can someone mail me the adress of hakusensha, i'm gonna rat off yong's site, cuz it is more than obvious that homosexual sociopathic piece of rotten shit paradiselost and yong animal snitchbitch are in cohoots. I wanna hurt them anyway I can. If I was an ant, i'd enter their ears and eat their little brains.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Can someone mail me the adress of hakusensha, i'm gonna rat off yong's site, cuz it is more than obvious that homosexual sociopathic piece of rotten shit paradiselost and yong animal snitchbitch are in cohoots. I wanna hurt them anyway I can. If I was an ant, i'd enter their ears and eat their little brains.
Please White_Hawk...Lets be mature about this. Hate begets Hate.

I wouldn't say that about Yong... He scanned entire volumes.

Well, before seeing the scans I had no interest in buying the manga. The covers made it seem far more violent than things I normally read, and having seen it and read it...I will be buying it...that's what I meant by that. As it is, I was working on putting up whole scans with translations on my site for the manga I translate...but the debate on it still worries me. :-/

Well, before seeing the scans I had no interest in buying the manga. The covers made it seem far more violent than things I normally read, and having seen it and read it...I will be buying it...that's what I meant by that.

Yeah, covers may be misleading, but you don't need to have scans of an entire volume to see what the manga really looks like...
And you may have decided to buy it anyway, but I'm afraid a lot of people wouldn't bother... That's what worries me.

I know for a fact that I would have no interest in buying the Manga without having access to translated scans. That may just be me, but I don’t understand anyone who prefers scans to the real thing, and I question how many customers Miura is actually loosing. The way I see it the English speaking world is a market that is totally untapped by Berserk, so there is really nothing that is being stolen. I think that what Yong is doing is tacky and disgraceful, but all he is really doing is ripping off his customers with second-rate shit. (Except for the scans he stole from Walter, of course ;D) Hmm…it seems that I’m drifting off topic here…..what was my point? Oh ya, scans are harmless.

White_Hawk

Please White_Hawk...Lets be mature about this. Hate begets Hate.

How else can I make the bitches pay?
I don't want to accept shit like that!
I will not go quietly into that good night.

yeah, the only people who really profit from imported manga are the sellers, whom in most cases gouge the hell out of the buyers. o_o;

and white hawk, theres no need for all that. if you really want the scans just wait until some legally buying person gets them and posts them on the net. it happens all the time, such is the way of the internet.

White_Hawk

And where do those sellers get them?
Scans are obviously harmful, in my opinion.

I have to disagree, my friend. Scans are very cool stuff. Think of this: scans are pretty hard to find on the net, as they constantly shift sites, so it takes a pretty desperate person to get them, like me and the rest of us. Now, if I could, I'd buy the manga, but japanese are such xenophobics dorx that it's usually a quest only to find original volumes outside Japan.
I have all the volumes of berserk, and I will get more when they arrive in italy. I don't read just every manga I find.
Japan is a pretty fertile market of comics, and I doubt some editor is losing by publishing new mangas. The mangaka aren't rich people (from what I know) and I think it's a business that can't be harmed by such insignificant things as a few scans. Even if the whole series is posted somewhere, a true fan will strive to get the original.

P

paradiselost_1

...Mage, please, be serious...

...a mailbomb is nothing of positing for you to send me...

...I only can tell you to be carefull about what you say...

...peace is something good, ok?

;)

see you

Now, if I could, I'd buy the manga, but japanese are such xenophobics dorx

Please...  :-/

that it's usually a quest only to find original volumes outside Japan.

I don't have any problems buying manga volumes. ^^;
Besides, ordering manga online is rather easy.
(it could be different in Croatia, I don't know ^^; )

Japan is a pretty fertile market of comics, and I doubt some editor is losing by publishing new mangas. The mangaka aren't rich people (from what I know) and I think it's a business that can't be harmed by such insignificant things as a few scans.

I believe harm is done, on the contrary. I'm not saying that a fews scans will kill Hakusensha, of course, but they still take their toll on the manga sales.

Just because lots of manga are printed in Japan doesn't mean that you can steal a few copies once in a while. Drawing and publishing manga is a work, and manga are products. You're supposed to pay for them, otherwise it's stealing.

Walter's scans were illegal, but buying Young Animal issues is far more difficult (... and expensive, yes ^^; ) than buying Berserk volumes, so they were useful for non-Japanese people...

Even if the whole series is posted somewhere, a true fan will strive to get the original.

"True fans" may try to get the original, but if editors had to rely on "true fans" only, I don't know if they would be able to pay Miura. ^^;

Top Bottom