Berserk nearly over? Or only halfway done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayer81

Legendary pimp, slayer of evils
Check out some of the info on skullknight.net; It says Miura has enough material for roughly 100 + Volumes, am I right? Hey, if that's the case, bring it on. If he does plan on keeping the series going for that long, I sure as hell hope he's got some tricks up his sleeve to keep Guts from getting all f***ed up by the Berserk Armor. With any luck, he'll realize it's pretty much trashing his body and if he hopes to be around long enough to kick Griffith's ass, he'd better dump it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
slayer81 said:
Check out some of the info on skullknight.net; It says Miura has enough material for roughly 100 + Volumes, am I right?

Well, potentially, 100 volumes are possible. There's a lot to cover and the story could be developed in many ways. But in reality it's unlikely that Berserk will last that long. It's already been going for almost 20 years, so we'd be looking at about 40 more years of publication. Personally I'll be more than satisfied if we reach 70 volumes.

slayer81 said:
Check out some of the info on skullknight.net; It says Miura has enough material for roughly 100 + Volumes, am I right? Hey, if that's the case, bring it on. If he does plan on keeping the series going for that long, I sure as hell hope he's got some tricks up his sleeve to keep Guts from getting all f***ed up by the Berserk Armor. With any luck, he'll realize it's pretty much trashing his body and if he hopes to be around long enough to kick Griffith's ass, he'd better dump it.

I always wonder if maybe he will keep the story going after Guts. I don't want him to, but I could see a ten to twenty percent chance that eventually a side character could take up as the main character. It would really be a stretch, but if his main inspiration is the Guin Saga then it doesn't seem completely out of the question. I don't think he will though. It would be hard to read with Guts permanently taken out of the story.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Ruffled Swordsman said:
I always wonder if maybe he will keep the story going after Guts. I don't want him to, but I could see a ten to twenty percent chance that eventually a side character could take up as the main character. It would really be a stretch, but if his main inspiration is the Guin Saga then it doesn't seem completely out of the question.

I don't think it will happen, or at least not to a big extent. I could see it as an epilogue of some sorts, but nothing more. And I don't see how the fact Guin Saga inspired him to create Berserk makes it more likely. First off, because Guin Saga has well over 100 volumes doesn't mean Berserk will have as many. Second, Guin is in fact still the protagonist of Guin Saga.

JetBlack

CASULTY FAN
Well yes Miura has enough material for 100 volumes but I think it's a number impossible to reach. I want Berserk to end one day.

slayer81

Legendary pimp, slayer of evils
The Ruffled Swordsman said:
It would be hard to read with Guts permanently taken out of the story.
Precisely, if Guts were out of the picture, it'd be a completely different story entirely... I certainly wouldn't be able to equate anything "post-Guts" to Berserk. :puck:

I'd put my money on berserk ending somewhere between 55 volumes - 65 volumes. And just out of curiosity, what is studio gaga? Are they Miuras assistants, if he has any?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
bardoftheberserk said:
And just out of curiosity, what is studio gaga? Are they Miuras assistants, if he has any?

Studio Gaga is Miura's team basically, so yeah, him and his assistants.

Considering the length of the overall life span of Berserk expands with each new character introduced. We maybe in for a long walk with the series. On top of that, Miura tends to end storylines more traditionally. Not forgetting to leave a outro to any highly supportive characters. Point being, is Miura starts and ends his storyline branches very well. With every new character/situation, there can be expected "lifespan" expansion.

At this point, there are characters that are very important that showing up very rarely. Giving less logical reason to even suspect a overall climax to the series. Simply from seeing common factors in the style and writing of Miura Berserk could easily be expected to eventually reach 100 volumes.

I will say with the rate of which episodes being released, which determines how long it will take for a full volume to be released. I can say, yes, of course everyone is in for a long wait.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
We got our answer straight from Miura. We are between 60-70 percent complete at this time. Thread locked. :griff:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom