STOP the killing of dolphins in Taij, Japan!! (Warning, really graphic)

Japanese fishermen in Taiji, Japan, massacre over 1000 dolphins a year. It's absolutely horrible, I can't even put it into words. It's one of the most sad and upsetting things I've seen in my life.

Please spread this info as much as you can, so more people know.

WARNING! THE VIDEO IS REALLY REALLY GRAPHIC!!! DO NOT WATCH IF YOU YOU CAN'T STAND BLOOD AND STUFF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UOGgUdNhVM

Please sign the petition here: http://www.theoceanproject.org/actfordolphins/

Here are some websites that are fighting back to help stop the slaughter of the dolphins and whales in Japan. It contains much more information than my post here.

Some of the pictures on the website are also really graphic and have a lot of blood.

http://www.seashepherd.org/taiji/

http://www.onevoicedolphinproject.com/one_voice_in_japan.htm

http://www.bluevoice.org/

http://www.earthisland.org/saveTaijiDolphins/

http://www.bluevoice.org/blog1/Nov-7-06.html

Please get this information around so that more people know and that the killing of dolphins can finally stop.

Sure, hurting dolphins is bad and all, but shouldn't you be more concerned about saving people first, then animals? Shouldn't you put up a petition to stop hunger and suffering of humans before dolphins? Do you know how much water it took to make the random things you use a day, like your car or house? Do you know how many animals die each day from the stuff you use and do? More than people killing dolphins could injure. It kills me, people who do stuff and then contradict themselves. "Don't eat meat", then they drive their car killing the ozone and the animals they are protesting. Go save a human life first.

This is not pointed directly at you Endless, I just don't understand people's reasoning. And why on earth and you petitioning on a Berserk forum?

- C

ps. :???:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
To be honest I'm more concerned about the slaughtering of whales. This needs to be completely prohibited and heavily punished once and for all.

C said:
This is not pointed directly at you Endless, I just don't understand people's reasoning.

There are lots of things that need saving in our world. Some over which we have a little power as individuals, some over which we don't. Because dolphins aren't the ultimate priority in the world doesn't mean EndLeSS8 can't be offended by the situation and willing to manifest his discontent with a petition. You make valid points, but I don't think it's necessary to start such an argument here.

C said:
And why on earth and you petitioning on a Berserk forum?

It's in the non-Berserk part of the forum, there's no problem in posting anything here.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Not to trivialize this too much, but another petition? If you go to the site that hosts the petition (petitionsite.com) theres a petition for pretty much everything. I bet if you dig deep enough theres probably a fisherman's rights petition in there somewhere.

I saw the dolphins video a while ago. Its pretty brutal. However, like Aaz, I think immediate priority should be given to whales.

C

Crucades

dolphins pfpfp, they should all be put down for eating the tuna! the poor poor tuna and swordfish that swin around peacefully and get eaten by the bastards. And well you know those crazy japanese, they got some weird tastes! :carcus:

I do understand that there are a lot of needy causes around the world, this is just something that I wanted to be addressed if you didn't know about it.

I do give to needy causes around the world; I'm not comparing myself to others, and I'm not asking you to do the same, I'm saying that I do understand that there is a LOT of human suffering in this world and that those issues are EXTREMELY important.

Compared to the human problems, this is "less" important, but this is also a problem nevertheless.

C

Crucades

lol... he was making a joke on whether fans of a blood n gore manga would be offended by blood and gore :???:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Crucades said:
lol... he was making a joke on whether fans of a blood n gore manga would be offended by blood and gore :???:

And that wasn't funny, nor pertinent. EndLeSS8 was right to warn people because if someone were to post offensive images without warning his thread would be deleted. Because someone reads Berserk doesn't mean they won't be offended by very graphic pictures of mangled dolphins. Since you're confused and ignorant I'd recommend you not to post about it, and even less to try to explain anything to me.

Last but not least, you'd have to be a pretty stupid person to reduce Berserk to a "blood n gore manga." Can the off-topic shit stop now?

Aazealh said:
And that wasn't funny, nor pertinent. EndLeSS8 was right to warn people because if someone were to post offensive images without warning his thread would be deleted. Because someone reads Berserk doesn't mean they won't be offended by very graphic pictures of mangled dolphins. Since you're confused and ignorant I'd recommend you not to post about it, and even less to try to explain anything to me.

Last but not least, you'd have to be a pretty stupid person to reduce Berserk to a "blood n gore manga." Can the off-topic shit stop now?

Sense of humor much???

Anyway, problems like these are certainly unfortunate, but like others have pointed out, there will always be a myriad of problems going on, and unfortunately some have to take priority over another. In my opinion, things such as starvation and the war in Iraq take first priority over this. Plus, online petitions DO have good intentions, but i dont think they really will do that much unfortunately.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I am rather curious. How many online petitions for anything have actually accomplished their goal? really, I'm serious and I'm not trying to sound like a smart ass or anything like that. =O

SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
I am rather curious. How many on-line petitions for anything have actually accomplished their goal? really, I'm serious and I'm not trying to sound like a smart ass or anything like that. =O
Not many at all. I just read a article on Snopes
and it seems even if the petition is completed the chances of anything being done about the issue are slim to none. However, it worked for Farscape so it can surely happen again.

I signed the petition anyway. It's a tragedy really, dolphins deserve better although I feel equally sorry for those poor goldfish.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TheBeast43105 said:
Sense of humor much???

Not when it involves posting unfunny, useless shit. Which is not even the point anyway. Chaoscontrol's post is fine, I just specified that EndLeSS8 did the right thing. That didn't need a reply. Why, is this topic supposed to be humorous?

SpectralSorrows said:
Not many at all. I just read a article on Snopes
and it seems even if the petition is completed the chances of anything being done about the issue are slim to none. However, it worked for Farscape so it can surely happen again.

Yeah, in my experience such petitions only extremely rarely achieve anything. We can't blame good intentions though, can we?

Membrax

Some beast eating its heart in the desert
C said:
Sure, hurting dolphins is bad and all, but shouldn't you be more concerned about saving people first, then animals?

I really don't understand this kind of statements. First, you can be involved in both: human and animal rights. Second, no matter what you are fighting against, if it's in order to end suffering for others (be it humans or animals) it really deserves only praises and encouragements. Different people, different sensibility, if you start to give priority to those kind of things, you'll end up like what 90% people do : nothing.

C said:
And why on earth and you petitioning on a Berserk forum?

Well, it's Shootin' the Breeze, and if there are subjects about Barbie or Valentine's Day...

S

smoke

People just give a shit about these dolphins because they're cute. If those were any other kind of ugly-ass fish, nobody would care.

S

smoke

Dolphins are fish inasmuch as I dont give a shit enough to call them "marine mammals".

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
No. I don't care too much about dolphins.
No. I don't think online petitions acomplish much.

Yes. I signed the petition.
Yes. I hope something gets done about this and the five million other needy cause due for some representation.

Good catch EndLess.

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
smoke said:
Dolphins are fish inasmuch as I dont give a shit enough to call them "marine mammals".

Yet you just did. Backpeddling doesn't make you look any less of an ignorant ass.

BTW, acting like such a cool cynic only means life experience hasn't beaten compassion into you yet.

I signed. My mom loves dolphins.

S

smoke

QUeeN typhonblue said:
Yet you just did. Backpeddling doesn't make you look any less of an ignorant ass.

BTW, acting like such a cool cynic only means life experience hasn't beaten compassion into you yet.

I signed. My mom loves dolphins.

You showed me. :judo:

I'll go save a dolphin.

Unfortunately online petitions usually don't accomplish too much but yea, i signed it, and yes I think this is a horrible thing.
But yea, I'm not offended by blood or anything like that, but it still sucks. At least they eat them though, even though I'm sure the meat isn't tested for high iron deposits which is toxic and could lead to people getting sick and miscarrages.

Top Bottom