Episode 190

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: 190 !!!!!!

I`m gonna have to say that I also think the Dreamcast game`s story has already passed which is good.
Me too. Back in Chapter 184, the side of one of thepages mentioned that the DC game begins here. I think its well passed done, since they are now in winter. I had my suspicious before, but Serpico and Farneeze confirm them.
But I think the situation with Farneze is sort of reminiscent of what Griffith said to Folse after they killed the Queen. When you encounter something so powerful that it absolutely terrifies you you must either kill it or submit to it. In this case Farneze just accepted that Gatts is the ultimate badass. Yay Gatts!
Well...Farneeze just wants to understand Guts; a person who stands against everything shes been taught, and yet is mysteriously the "good guy" as expressed by his actions in 165-175 (killing Mozgus/apostle, saving everyone from the demon blob). I think she just wants to understand him.

I`m gonna have to say that I also think the Dreamcast game`s story has already passed which is good. It resembled the early stories from Berserk and nothing really important happened besides Caska almost getting her memories back.

Actually, I don't think Niko at this point is even an Apostle...he becomes one in winter, and it's winter now. So...it will probably be much later in the story.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Oh? Then was the appearance of Niko in the manga a flashback?
No, but it could have happened directly afterwards. Its the only explanation that makes sense, unless you want to delay the events of the DC game until next year (chronologically).

Plus, I dont think Miura would have mentioned that events in the DC game are "starting" in chapter 184 unless he really meant it. For when we next see Guts/Casca it is already winter....meaning while we saw Griffith and his army, Fall was going on/ending.

CnC

Ad Oculos

plus... this is a stretch, but that could not be THE niko.
as I recall the niko of the game was a bit older, seemed to be alone in the world and the other kids hate him.
This one's got a brother.

...just a what-if....

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!

No, but it could have happened directly afterwards. Its the only explanation that makes sense, unless you want to delay the events of the DC game until next year (chronologically).

Plus, I dont think Miura would have mentioned that events in the DC game are "starting" in chapter 184 unless he really meant it. For when we next see Guts/Casca it is already winter....meaning while we saw Griffith and his army, Fall was going on/ending.

That actually makes a whole lot of sense. Of course Griffith could have been further south... but I don't think so. Nope, I think that the DC game has already happened. It was pretty self countained anyway, and I doubt that Miuora would be happy to rehash a story already done. Besides... Casca and Gatts travel by walking and they have to walk a long time to get anywhere... I don't think that elfheim is exactly close to the centers of civilisation.

Sooo... I think that little box of text is all we saw of it.

*ponders* of course this statement means that I probably will be proven wrong in the next weeks or so...

plus... this is a stretch,  but that could not be THE niko.
as I recall the niko of the game was a bit older, seemed to be alone in the world and the other kids hate him.
This one's got a brother.

...just a what-if....

heh heh, i remember this coming up before...
but, the name "Niko" was mentioned kinda blatantly not to be him, wasnt it? it is a possibility that its a different Niko altogether, but i dont know why Miura would do that... :-/
besides, Miura could have changed his mind about the backstory of Niko since the game was made...

Me too. Back in Chapter 184, the side of one of thepages mentioned that the DC game begins here.
Not exactly, unfortunately... It said something like "the following events will be linked to the Dreamcast game". That could mean several things, and not necessarily "the Dreamcast game begins now"... ^^;
I think its well passed done, since they are now in winter.
But it looks like it already was winter or so when Guts visited Godot (before and after his death), so...
It could have been LAST winter though...
What do you mean? ^^;
'Cause we know that Albion isn't that far from Godot's (volume 17), and I doubt Guts would realize how hard it is to protect somebody a whole year after they left Godot's?...

Anyway, I guess the Dreamcast game could have happened, yeah... Especially since I think Balzac's story was foreshadowing about how hard it would be for Guts to stay with Casca, and he's beginning to understand that right now...
But there's just that season thing... And that "Niko"...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

But it looks like it already was winter or so when Guts visited Godot (before and after his death), so...
Chapter 188 is "Winter Journey" which is about as blatant a confirmation about what season it is that im not even going to go into it. Now, on Godo's mountain...thats not necessarily a confirmation of what season it is since they were on a mountain. For instance, directly after the events on Godo's mountain (griffiths actions against Kushans) it is definitely not winter, more likely very close to the end of autumn.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

it doesn't snow in the desert.

Then again, I suppose it didn;t nessesarily have to take place in a desert, but i assumed it did.

Oh, and one final note. Serpico stops Isidro by throwing a big hunk of wood at his legs just like he did to Gatts in volume 17.
What a cool guy!

Chapter 188 is "Winter Journey" which is about as blatant a confirmation about what season it is that im not even going to go into it.
Well, yeah, of course? ^_^;
I just think the whole "Seitansai no Shô" in Albion took place in Winter...
Now, on Godo's mountain...thats not necessarily a confirmation of what season it is since they were on a mountain.
But was it snowing there during the flashbacks of volumes 10 and 11? Or just after the Occultation, in volume 13 and 14? ^^;
For instance, directly after the events on Godo's mountain (griffiths actions against Kushans) it is definitely not winter, more likely very close to the end of autumn.
Well, I think it could be Winter... ^^;

i just got to wonderin...
how come when Guts was "attacking" caska she didnt have a flashback of the eclipse and freak out?

i just got to wonderin...
how come when Guts was "attacking" caska she didnt have a flashback of the eclipse and freak out?

Like every other time she`s nearly been raped? This was about Gatts` transformation and I think it`s safe to say that Caska was having that flashback, but it wasn`t important to show it when compared with the scary ass Gatts vision. Holy fucking shit!

shogunate

Look at me!

is there an actual translation of 190 posted somewhere? Yall talking about 190 as though you've read it. Did i miss a translation of 190? i want i want(my ID going berserk)!!!
???

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

is there an actual translation of 190 posted somewhere?  Yall talking about 190 as though you've read it.  Did i miss a  translation of 190?  i want i want(my ID going berserk)!!!
???
he lives in japan...

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!

Yep, and tomorrow morning I`m going to walk to the Seven Eleven down the hill and read episode 191.

*groans, curls up and promptly dies*

AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!! Envy!

*blinks*

Please tell us quickly anyway... *nods*

puella

Berserk forever

Just to clarify Caska did not run away crying and in fact was unconscious when Gatts was trying to eat her(Holy Fuck that was intense.).
I've seen the whole 190 chapter just now.
Now i can totally understand you thoogh didn't catch what you said at first. that was so intense!!
Caska couldn't run away exactly!! Guts really tried to eat her!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Top Bottom