Berserk: Lighten up? or Darken down?

What do you think of the humour (or lack there of) in Berserk?

• It's Great! Don't change a thing Miura!

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • Comedy's great, but I could do with more of it.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Humours fine, but I could do with less of it.

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • I wish there was a lot less humour.

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Isidro and Puck should die in a fire! (I'm a faggot)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Circe said:
Also the comedy may die down once Puck and Isidro see how truly evil the berserk-verse can truly get.

They both know very well how cruel the world can be. Puck more than most characters in fact. He's just an elf, it's his nature to be mischievous.

Circe said:
Honestly though it isn't just Puck or Isidro who bring alittle humor once in awhile. Even though their scenes are meant to it doesn't mean its just them.

Yes, most main characters have had humorous moments. Sadly some people tend to forget it.

I agree that berserk needs its comedy elements. I also think it's a very well balanced story, how can people complain about a lack of action after guts' last battles.

Defeating 5 "whale" things and that scene where he puts his sword to Zodds throat and and threatens to cut it off . . . Cool and tough.
Guts seems to go off more every battle he's in as far as I'm concerned (and he still isn't fully recovered from his fight with the "Neo Godhand" and that slash across the chest from Slan)

Miura Hasn't let me down yet and I doubt he ever will.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Aazealh said:
They both know very well how cruel the world can be. Puck more than most characters in fact. He's just an elf, it's his nature to be mischievous.

From looking at earlier Volumes and Puck's Character and how he relates to other Characters and events in the series: I've come to see him as a representation of the voice of an unbiased Observer, seeing things from an innocent prospective; with purely Emotional and Intuitive responses to interactions and occurrences.

Top Bottom