Episode 281

Aazealh said:
I've also been thinking about the actual Kushan empire, I wonder if we'll see any of it. It could (probably will) break back into a multitude of clans without Ganishka, or maybe it'll simply turn out he ravaged the empire and it's desolated. OR the other nations (from the Holy See alliance) will mercilessly pillage it after Ganishka's demise. I like that last idea actually.

I, too, often wonder about that...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
fuxberg said:
Maybe we'll see a Crusade-like campaign..
Come to think about it, what Ganishka is doing is like a Crusade..
I wonder.. :carcus:
That's a really liberal interpretation of the Crusades, unless you simply mean "he's on a crusade," which is so broad you may as well say "i just crusaded to the bathroom, where I lost 10 lbs." He's not really following the ORDERS OF GOD by reclaiming holy land or anything. He's just taking land while it's up for grabs and challenging a reincarnated "god."

So yeah, wtf did you mean? :puck:

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
I don't think that Ganishka is going to Eat the Path in this battle: My reasoning being that we have yet to see any of his back-story. His past as a sorcerer and how he became the Apostle Emperor of Terror really need to be fleshed out and I'm betting that that will take a volume or so. Considering that comparatively minor Apostles have been given detailed back-ground information before, I seriously doubt that Miura will let him get off easy in that regard.
I imagine that things will quickly degenerate into a slug-fest. At the last moment he'll pull something horrendous and completely unexpected out and retreat with his remaining forces while The Neo-Hawks are Preoccupied.

Uninformed use of the term "crusade" to categorize something involving Arabic or Persian people for no discernible reason!? And they say kids don't listen to what politicians say, anymore.

I was wondering...Has there ever been a cell of the Reincarnated Griffith showing anger or distress... I scanned through some of the past volume but didn't come across any thing...

As far as the episode is concerned... it seems that the only 'monster' in Ganiskha's army is himself and even he has a weak point. Unless they reveal other Apostles soon, this whole buildup of the battle between Ganishka and Griffith's army is seeming very lopsided.

In this sense it reminds me how the original band of Hawks would mow through other armies despite their numbers.

Forest Wraith

bph said:
Uninformed use of the term "crusade" to categorize something involving Arabic or Persian people for no discernible reason!? And they say kids don't listen to what politicians say, anymore.

I hate to break it to you but a Crusade is defined as a Campaign or Holy-War against another nation justified as a fulfillment of religious dogma or prophecy. In it's historical context, the crusades that were undertaken during the middle ages in order to claim Jerusalem would have occurred pretty much regardless of who was occupying the area at that time.
I would rather go by the exclusive defintion of the English Language in it of itself rather then what terms politicians use to imbue their actions with an inflated sense of context; but that's just me . . .
Finally, what Ganishka is doing -as others have already pointed out- is completely different from a Crusade. Do he, or Griffith for that matter; strike you as having any concern with Religion?
It might seem interesting and clever to think of this current story-arc of Berserk as a parable of modern events; but that isn't even half of the statement that Miura is trying to make.

Sir,
1. I'm just yanking your chain.
2. I'm working on an undergraduate thesis on the dissemination of Latin in Arabic lands after the Crusades, I assure you I'm aware of the definition.

Regards,
BPH

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
GanishkaCrusade.jpg

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Photoshop cleverness? But it's not Phriday!
Grif, don't take this the wrong way but I want to find you and give you a great big kiss. These are the kinds of posts that make my day! Hilarious!

I always wanted to see a Tapasa say "I just crusaded to the bathroom."
I demand this scene played out by talented voice actors!

That is probably the best thing I've seen online in months, next to the Berserk: The Motion Picture posters.  I stand by my douchebaggery, of course, however useless and uninformed it is. EDIT: Clever enough for an avatar.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
@Griff

Brilliant, lol. Cracked me up.

As far as the the plot direction, Ganishka has a lot of men; thousands upon thousands it looks like. I don't think the elephants killed represent them all either. I think if the entire Kushan force turns on the apostles and gets a bit of magical assistance they will be able to cut into Griffith's force.

Another thing I was thinking about; what is Skullknight's current status and wherabouts. He tends to follow the action, even if just to observe. I know he tends to primarily be concerned about Void and Guts, however it's not as if he has never hunted apostles, and in particular after they have killed Flora I can see some motivation for him to want to screw them over a bit.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
This thread has thus joined the archive for Awesome "Griffith-No-More" Photoshops... a cup of nice hot excellence, Master Griffith :badbone:

Forest Wraith

I started laughing when I saw the first line of dialogue, then when I saw the rest and realized that he used the entire conversation I pretty much lost it. Thank you Griffith no More; we're all winners now.

Serpico said:
As far as the the plot direction, Ganishka has a lot of men; thousands upon thousands it looks like. I don't think the elephants killed represent them all either. I think if the entire Kushan force turns on the apostles and gets a bit of magical assistance they will be able to cut into Griffith's force.

Another thing I was thinking about; what is Skullknight's current status and wherabouts. He tends to follow the action, even if just to observe. I know he tends to primarily be concerned about Void and Guts, however it's not as if he has never hunted apostles, and in particular after they have killed Flora I can see some motivation for him to want to screw them over a bit.

That would be very interesting to see . . . Mostly because it's definitely not his style. Actually, I don't think he would risk being seen by Griffith. Just a hunch on my part . . . Edit: I know, I just remembered that Femto had plenty of time to notice him at the Eclipse . . .

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Serpico said:
@Griff

Well as the past few episodes pointed out. Irvine took out quite a few Platoon/battalion commanders and other needed officer and/or higher ups out. With this we immediately saw their vast army go into a bit of chaos. Now with the other sections of Griffith's army coming up. They are taking advantage of it and will more then likely cripple them in a matter of an hour or so.

So unless Ganishka hurries the hell up and goes balls to the wall, I think he is going to be pretty much fucked.

SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
The internet really does have EVERYTHING. :carcus:

Yes...yes it does.

Grif No More offers another photoshop piece of gold.

Saiyajinnoouji?!? You play WoW on the Wildhammer server? me too!!

Lv 49 War,NE.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Oni Shinigami said:
Yes...yes it does.

Grif No More offers another photoshop piece of gold.

Saiyajinnoouji?!? You play WoW on the Wildhammer server? me too!!

Lv 49 War,NE.
Oh look at that! SK.Net, bringing people together from all over the world.... Ahhhhhh :carcus:

So now... ugghh, whats your NE's name... you know, so my 66 horde hunter can you know, greet you properly. :guts:

Anyways, this Friday all! :beast:

SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
Oh look at that! SK.Net, bringing people together from all over the world.... Ahhhhhh :carcus:

So now... ugghh, whats your NE's name... you know, so my 66 horde hunter can you know, greet you properly. :guts:

Anyways, this Friday all! :beast:

Hunters are broken, bring your Warrior to say Hi =)

NE name is Ithilidana; we should schedule a meeting sometime, we can grunt foreign languages to eachother.

As for my Berserk comment...I think Griffith is going to become the King of Midland and the storyline is going to shift to...

GATTS : KILL THE KING!!!!

Top Bottom