Episode 187

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
Re: Chapter 187 mk. III

i prefered the written out logo, but still, i enjoyed it. i honestly never thought i'd see snowmen in berserk.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!

Wow!

I love chapters like this... slow paced and nice. Gatts washing up Casca's 'accident'? I never thought I'd see that for sure...

pleasepleasepleaseplease Cronus, the translations of the last issues... I am getting SO desperate!

The snowman fight was cool ;D, I always thought the demons looked a little rounded and 'cute', but covered in snow they were just hilarious.

I love the way the beast of shadows kept changing, and I can't wait to hear the dialogue.

And lets not forget... Pakk in the grip of nightmares... too cute. ;D

Great chapter!!! I can't wait to read the what the beast says. I got a feeling that maybe the Skullknight might appear in one of the next chapters while guts and caska are resting by the camp fire. It was also surprisingly funny with caskas accident and puck with the and the little creature.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Oh yea walter, wasn't enough putting just the logo?
That skullknight pic makes everything a bit "odd".
At least put it near scenes where gatsu isn't serious... :)
But anything's ok...as long as we get to see our hero

......its FREE...Dont complain.

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?

it's great to see that the nightmare or guts' "hatred" has become smaller (not as large as before), but it really disturbs me that it takes the shape of a dog -- which reminds me of Gambino's dog....this is essential to the psyche of Guts, and it would be fun to discuss this, i guess

it really disturbs me that it takes the shape of a dog -- which reminds me of Gambino's dog....this is essential to the psyche of Guts, and it would be fun to discuss this, i guess

Yeah, I thought about the same thing. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or not... ^^;

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?

Yeah, I thought about the same thing. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or not... ^^;

well, the state of caska is somewhat comparable to Gambino's, at least of right now....i'm gonna need some time to figure out my theory about the doggy thing...so further discussion would really speed my brain up (hey, too much work makes eintrigga a dull boy) ;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Well, it would be a good idea for a theory, but keep in mind that the dogs were more or less sub-background characters.

I also think the only reason its in the shape of a small "dog" is that Guts has more or less overcome his original fear, or sin I guess you could say that was manifested in Volume 14-17 with his journey. The beast has shrunk, check out how big it is in volume 17.

Refution of this : Beast grew in size as it bit Casca's neck. Symbolic? or just amorphic?

I enjoyed the slow pace of the chapter after all the griffiths' stuff lately. It's nice to see Guts and Caska having a peaceful moment by the fire.

Thanks for the scans I was eagerly awaiting them.( Vol 22 is going to be quite nice to get in Dec. )

/Eric

well, the state of caska is somewhat comparable to Gambino's, at least of right now....

Do you think so?
I'd say that Guts = Gambino (yet again).
Gambino lost a leg, and without his armor, it becomes very apparent that Guts lost his left arm.

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?

Do you think so?
I'd say that Guts = Gambino (yet again).
Gambino lost a leg, and without his armor, it becomes very apparent that Guts lost his left arm.

like father, like son? makes sense...much more sense then my previous post (i told you guys i'm rather "dull as of the moment).
however, this psyche thing shouldn't be this easy to figure out, it seems to me that it's a lot more convoluted then simply father/son --> gambino's dog = hatred, regret and symbols of displacement

maybe make a list of what we know about guts, gambino, and gambino's dog? seems obvious but that should open up some new possibilities

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Gah...Something like that always happens when cutting+pasting HTML ;D It should work now

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!

Thank you Cronus!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ooookay, am I seeing things here or is the beast starting to set Gatts up to become an apostle? I mean.... Gatts already has a Behelit, and the way the beast talks about there being a use for Casca since she is a sacrifice... and that way Gatts can be closer to Griffith...

Is this the kind of temptation that started with Griffith in his jail cell?? Or am I just imagining??

heheheh I love this...

M

Majin_Gatsu

Does anyone else think that the shadow beast could actually be someone from the God Hand  :-/?  It wouldn't surprise me if one of them was screwing with Gatsu  ::)

Ooookay, am I seeing things here or is the beast starting to set Gatts up to become an apostle? I mean.... Gatts already has a Behelit, and the way the beast talks about there being a use for Casca since she is a sacrifice... and that way Gatts can be closer to Griffith...
I don't think Guts could become an apostle.The only person he seems to greatly care for is Caska hence she would be the only one worthy of sacrifice. But as we saw with the Count,when he wanted to sacrifice Guts it wasn't even an option because he was already branded just as Caska is (not to mention he wasn't even close to being a loved one).

If Guts would use the Behelit he couldn't use Caska as a sacrafice but he could use Puck or maybe Rickert.

fletch

i thought of gambino as well, although i think i decided that the symbolism there is more caska = dog. or gatts = wolf. most likely, it's all of these things. & yes, i agree with walter, it's almost definately a symbolic growth.

thanks cronus, you're the man

CnC

Ad Oculos

The beast of shadow already has made an attempt to get Guts to use his beherit once, I believe.

Technically Gattsu doesn't exist as far as God Hand is concerned (he's griffith's sacrfice)... so could he even use the beherit?

(chances are this question was asked and answered months ago, but what the hell)

The beast of shadow already has made an attempt to get Guts to use his beherit once, I believe.

Not exactly. It just looked at Guts' Beherit and said that he may actually become a _real_ monster like "his friend" did.
But that remains pretty vague. Casca is already branded.

fletch

oh, sorry for criticizing the logo, but i got confused on page 3 because i thought for a second that gatts was attacking a little spirit guy. i'm a silly person, at times.

fletch

course, he could never join god hand. his beherit is only green, right?

Top Bottom