Episode 282

CnC

Ad Oculos
Every two weeks is like Christmas now.

All that time with no episodes really makes one appreciate the regular schedule. Hope we don't become complacent :)

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Maybe it's too early to crack this one out... but a possible preview for this episosde? Aaz saw this abomination some months ago.. perhaps it would have been better to bury it =P

untitledan6.png

Grail

Feel the funk blast
XD That's a winner, Uriel. Is it just me, or is Griffith channeling a little Diana Ross? :troll:

Anyway, I too am stoked for this new episode! After the last one's apostley goodness, I'm excited to see what we'll be treated to next. :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Lots of interesting things happen this time around, and there's quite the cliffhanger.

Great GOOGLYMOOGLY! What a friggin' great episode!

I know of one two page spread that I'd love to see colored :)

Its also one of those episodes where I wait on the edge of my seat for a translation!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Holy shit ... face to face, and all the old galoot can do is quiver. Riveting stuff. And yeah, that cliffhanger. We just may see Griff take off the kid gloves within the first few pages of next episode.

Edit: Btw, Ganishka's face on page 16 gave me an idea for a new emoticon :guts:

Edit 2: Also, [hide]the way Griff is reaching out to touch Ganish, and the figure he sees when using his "magical view" on page 14 are all EXTREMELY reminiscent of episode 243...[/hide]

Lovely. Now I just wait until some kind person translates so that I can tell what is being said. The next episode should be very interesting to say the least.

Sidenote: I wonder where Guts and Co. will be when we return to them.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Darkstar said:
Sidenote: I wonder where Guts and Co. will be when we return to them.
Good god man, that's on the back burner in the face of this awesome throwdown that's going on right in front of our eyes.

I swear, grass is always greener... :puck:

Judo

Midlands finest
I didn't expect a face-to-face-situation so soon... seems like this battle is almost over.
Kudos to Miura for this pace of storytelling!
Great slap in the face for those who keep saying that he tends to stretch his storylines too much... :chomp:

Uriel

Wow, that was excellent. Translations will clear a few things up for me, but the main point struck true; Griffith's come to spank the naughty apostles ass. Epic stuff. I can't believe this all happened so damn quickly!

Cracking stuff. Cheers for hosting the scans, Aaz!

Walter said:
Good god man, that's on the back burner in the face of this awesome throwdown that's going on right in front of our eyes.

I swear, grass is always greener...  :puck:

Oh no, I didn't mean to imply that I wanted this epic event to end in a rush to get back to them. It was just a passing thought so I included it in a side note.

@Judo: I agree that I didn't expect a face to face confrontation this soon either.

Uriel

Aazealh said:
I'm very disappointed at the lack of spotlight for the LAND GENERAL in this episode.
Maybe he'll get a chance to shine in 283?! Which I'm happy to see will be arriving on February 23rd! :badbone:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Well god damn it =\ I wish someone could have let me known earlier not to bother to buy the episode. I could still be sleeping right now. :zodd:

EDIT:

Its a good episode anyways. =D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Anyway, if you guys want a very rough description of what happens, on page 2 Owen recognizes the Hawk's flag, on page 4 it's Silat that notices Griffith, then as Ganishka faces Griff, he thinks to himself "this is... THE HAWK" and then comments about how it's the master and overlord of those that have altered their lives (apostles), like himself, and continues with something like "I'm trembling... Then... I, who is the ultimate ruler of this supreme empire of the world, how can I tremble?" Griffith tells him that "it's the instinct of those who have blood from the evil world." After that Ganishka is overwhelmed and thinks to himself that just because he's standing in front of that man, everything's going awry in him. On page 16 he's saying that he feels he's becoming crazy, and Griffith tells him he "seems to be uncomfortable." Of course Griffith is being very arrogant the whole time. After that on the later pages Ganishka gets a hold of himself and goes by his usual tirade "I'm the emperor of the Kushan empire, supreme ruler blah blah blah," and saying he's an "immortal evil king" on the last page.

I'm not vouching for the accuracy of this summary but that's the gist of it basically.

Ganishka is probably going to be rocked. I thought this was going to be a longer battle, and that Ganishka would have surely had something prepared to deal with a massive number of apostles. Doesn't seem to be turning out that way.....the apostles showed up, handled the situation like a business transaction, and now Ganishka is backed into a corner.

Ganishka sucks.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Well in one of the panels Silat and Co. jump onto Ganishaks bandwagon (hurrr!) for a sneak peak. Just thought I would add that since maybe they will have another run in with Rashkas.

mahlernut

I call the big one Bitey!
Awesome. Thanks for the scans. Loved the armor on the two new giants, and the art's just spectacular overall. The design of the coverings of the elephants pulling Ganishka's war-fort were especially striking. I'll get to a translation as soon as I get home...unless someone beats me to it. :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
I was immediately struck by how well drawn the horses were. I suppose it should come as no surprise nowadays but its still incredible.

Top Bottom