Episode 282

This episode is awesome and altought I don't understand the whole thing Ganishka really seem doomed btw I'm really disapointed by him even if he still may surprise us especially after his last reaction...anyway the art is indeed awesome I really like Miuras's style his sense of mood etc(not only is this particular episode btw) he's matching some great illustrators in this way(look for Gustave Doré depiction of "La Divine Comédie" and compare it to the Retribution Arc for example)

I thanks Aaz for this episode anyway!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
Well in one of the panels Silat and Co. jump onto Ganishaks bandwagon (hurrr!) for a sneak peak. Just thought I would add that since maybe they will have another run in with Rashkas.
I think the purpose of Silat being a spectator may more likely be that he will witness Griffith's transformation. Miura's provided a perfect little VIP-only viewing booth for Ganishka vs Griffith, with Silat sitting in the skybox.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Awesome, awesome, freaking amazing! Great episode! Geez, Grif looks FIERCE storming in on page 4 and graceful with his horsey on page 5! Page 10-11 is also quite amazing. Page 16 has to be my favorite, "talk to the hand bitch!"
Thanks a bunch for the synopsis, and most importantly for the scans Aaz!

This is incredible... unacceptable, how could the great emperor of terror be "defeated" so easily ? and why it had to be Griffith himself the one who fucked him up 112 (reffering to whatever the hell happened in page 16), I just don´t accept this, I can´t... u_u

Iscariot

The snack that smiles back!
That was quick! I suppose a deft maneuver should have been expected on Griffith's part... I loved the juxtaposition on p13 of Griffith and Avalokitesvara's (I think) arms... Or whatever his parallel would be in the world of Berserk. It's also great to see Griffith pulling off his old school force-hand. It was sorely missed. Thanks Aaz!

EDIT: I'm loving how Gan-chan's new scar has affected his transformed visage! STARFISH APOSTLE GO!

mahlernut

I call the big one Bitey!
Given Ganishka's freaked out expression at the thought of sacrificing all he's accomplished (and under the assumption that I've actually translated his freak-out correctly), I wonder if we might be in for a look at the first time he sacrificed everything. Thinking through the psychology of an apostle, it seems that the notion of repeating that moment of ultimate sacrifice demanded by the God Hand (and what would that be but a feeling of total, uncontrolled surrender) would be terrifying beyond all things. The way apostles behave seems to always be an attempt to avoid going through that again (either by trying to avoid ever having anything that they care about again, or by amassing so much personal power that they feel invulnerable), and for someone like Ganishka, it must be a really horrifying peek into the abyss...so to speak. I guess I'm just saying, it'd be the perfect excuse for a little flashback-action for ol' Thunderbutt...

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Ganishka's reaction immediately reminded me of Mule at the "Shooting Star Night" scene back in volume 23. The overwhelming urge to give everything up when put before Griffith seems to be a common thing. Even the comments on how warm/soft/humbling he is is a repeating theme. I know this is stating the obvious, but to see someone like Ganishka waver like others have was surprising to me.

Still, the old fella hasn't given up the good fight yet! I cannot wait to see what Griffith will do now.
ganishka.gif

CnC

Ad Oculos
Uriel said:
Ganishka's reaction immediately reminded me of Mule at the "Shooting Star Night" scene back in volume 23. The overwhelming urge to give everything up when put before Griffith seems to be a common thing. Even the comments on how warm/soft/humbling he is is a repeating theme. I know this is stating the obvious, but to see someone like Ganishka waver like others have was surprising to me.

Yea I kind of prefer this ability more than some mighty morphin upgrade display of power by Griff. Perhaps theres only one :guts: who could truly resist? :)

What happens next is anyone's guess, but honestly I hope we _don't_ see some fancy show of power from Griffith.

S

smoke

SpectralSorrows said:
Ooh, the battle's heatin' up!

I'm pretty sure it's almost over. I guess this wasn't so much an excuse to show an awesome battle as it was a chance to show how much the Neo Hawks pwn.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
hmmm, great episode. Thanks for the scans and translations guys.

I'm wondering if Griffith wants Ganishka subservient to him now; his weapon is still drawn though. A fight would be interesting but I'm guessing they won't by the way things are going. I am also very entrigued by the fact Guts and Co might have to take on an even more massive and almighty alliance. I'm still hoping Griffiths combat abilities are such that he and Serpico get the chance to spar so I don't want to see him go godlike here.

Maybe griffith needs Ganishka to take on the elf King or something. It seems to me once this battle is over, Griffith could possibly gain his title as king, then send his apostle legions off to stomp out other magical opposition, etc. Guts, Skullknight, the Elf King and Shrieke together can obviously rain down some serious hell even on an apostle army. Anyway, this is great stuff. Reason I loved Berserk so long; it still keeps my mind running with possibilities while seeming to fit perfectly into some master plan that I can't predict.

That was quick, i didnt expected a showdown between Griffith and Ganiskha so soon, i wonder if Ganiskha will yield or is he going to be obliterated ?

god damn!! Didn't expect anything so early, and certainly not what came to pass..! Ganishka surely must put up some sort of resistence. I like the fact that Guts is not effected by Griffths charisma. Despite griffth status and power, guts to me is more unique, more interesting. Anyway, Im guessing the elf king will pose far more of a threat than the 'eterna emperor,' thats considering he is finished...which I hope he isnt...damn griffth, hes getting everything so easy these days, guts has to take the hard route, which makes him infinitely superior to my mind. Cant wait till guts and company come into their own serious power!

peace

A big thank you for the scans Aaz. Another one of Miura's brilliant displays, really awesome spreads, can't wait to see what some of them will look in color. Oh, and how 'bout that elephant taming piece that Zodd pulled of, NICE !!

Thanks, that was great. Two Episodes more or less outline the whole outcome of the war. So much happened with how it came together so quickly, but I like how not rushed the whole event seems.

Apart from building up the climax I'm also interested to see if Griffith has any reason to let Ganishka live for a while longer, he didn't look at all in a rush to end Ganishka's life quickly.

Could Griffith be waiting until Ganishka is in his most threatening form before defeating him? It might look better in front of the politically powerful people he is saving. I couldn't picture Ganishka being spared to be Griffiths underling, he has caused far too much damage for Griffiths allies to accept it.

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
big thanks for the episode Aaz :guts:
Griffith is awesome, calm and determinate, surely we will see what Ganishka is capable of :ganishka:
I am curious to see what Miura reserve to us next :miura:

prawnstyle said:
I like the fact that Guts is not effected by Griffths charisma.

He is to an extent. If I remember right, immediately after Griffith's reappearance in the real world, Gut's was somewhat vexed because of the fact that when he first saw the newly incarnate Griffith he was too mesmerized to feel hatred towards him.

The fucker is just a massive wad of breathing charisma I guess.

Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster. Pls. don't feed me to minor apostles.

Wonderful episode, thank you everyone.
Poor "Gremto", Ganishka hardly let him open his mouth. Maybe Pwetty Hair would offer Emperor a job?
Though I hope Ganishka fights to the end. Show 'em attitude! Griffith AND Ganishka against poor Guts and co would be just too much... Plus, it is always good to see a rebel, and alliance with Emperor of Evil would be a little too difficult to explain to people.
As for Guts, I am sure it helps that he was affected by then-non-supernatural charisma of Griff in the past and remembers how it ended. "He seems like a nice guy... We're BFF... What? He wants to feed me to monsters?!" That would teach anyone....  No more warm and fuzzy feelings.

ETA:
I wonder if we might be in for a look at the first time he sacrificed everything.
I guess you might be right, and it would be very interesting.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Serpico said:
I'm wondering if Griffith wants Ganishka subservient to him now; his weapon is still drawn though.
My guess is that he's hoping to exorcise him with a touch, ala the Child on the beach and the Beast.

I'm still hoping Griffiths combat abilities are such that he and Serpico get the chance to spar so I don't want to see him go godlike here.
Hahahaha, a demigod vs the fox! I wonder how that'd end ... Oh wait, no I don't.
serpicoDED.gif
It's not like he's some legendary hero you know.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:

Saved for future use. :guts:

But yeah, I also got the impression that Ganishka would be done for if Griffith touched him.  I have mixed feelings about what I want to see in the next episode.  I want to see what Griffith is capable of dishing out, but a part of me doesn't want too much revealed about what he can do just yet.  All I want is a tiny glimpse for now.  Seems like a total reveal should be left until later.  Just the way I feel.

lacroixma

I'm still new.
Judo said:
I didn't expect a face-to-face-situation so soon... seems like this battle is almost over.
Kudos to Miura for this pace of storytelling!

I hear you man.  This is going great.  I hope Griffith gets his hands dirty in the next episode.  Something to kinda gage is power would be nice.  And then pan over to Guts and Co.  :carcus:

Top Bottom