Episode 282

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Judo said:
no, he is refering to volume 27...

No, he's not... He's referring to this episode (the line Proj2501 quoted).

Judo said:
and that would be mostly apostles, for all we know.

Ganishka was definitely referring to apostles and apostles only.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Ok well thanks for clearing that up, anyways in regards to how this episode ended when do they announce the release date for the next one?? or should we just assume a release date based on how far apart they have been released so far?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
berserker88 said:
Ok well thanks for clearing that up, anyways in regards to how this episode ended when do they announce the release date for the next one?? or should we just assume a release date based on how far apart they have been released so far?
You should look at the last page of each episode and look for the date. 2/23 in this case.

LordofMasks

Masks???...yeah, Masks...!!!
This episode looks awesome...very nice. And Hi again guys was a long time off the boards now I am back. Good thing that here in Germany we allready have the Vol. 30, and soon the Vol. 31.

lordofmasks

Feanor

Nur dem Schwert kannst du vertrauen!
Well you really shouldn't. All you people comparing Ganishka's reaction to Guts' or even Mule are skipping a VERY important point: that Ganishka's an apostle. It's not merely charisma, it's what flows in his veins. This body he has was given to him by the God Hand, it's not something he can resist. Zodd bowed down, like every other apostle, but not Ganishka. He's the only one defying his own nature, so on the contrary, seeing him resist even in his position rather makes me admire him more. This episode is showcasing Griffith's immense power over apostles, not Ganishka's weakness.

Thought the same on this. And some other things came me in mind. I wonder if an apostel is able to kill a reincarnated god hand member?
What if there is a build - in fail safe like "directive 4" in robocop which says that robo was not allowed to go against an OCP member :serpico:
One thing is for sure, ganishka is something special and an formidable enemy for grif even if he is not able to kill him, he can cause great destruction and death for many of his apostles.

In fact I was not disappointed about Ganishka's reaction(to Griffith) but his strategy and how easy it was for Griffith to come to him just to clarify
...BUT he may keep things for us nobody know moreover I may dream but I'd like to see how can one thing harm another one from an upper realm and where exactly is the Hawk (an upper being reincarnated)

LordofMasks

Feanor said:
Thought the same on this. And some other things came me in mind. I wonder if an apostel is able to kill a reincarnated god hand member?
What if there is a build - in fail safe like "directive 4" in robocop which says that robo was not allowed to go against an OCP member :serpico:
One thing is for sure, ganishka is something special and an formidable enemy for grif even if he is not able to kill him, he can cause great destruction and death for many of his apostles.

This is also a question that bothers me. Now the normal answer would be that he cannot but if he allready denied or goes against his nature maybe there is a chance he could do it. But it would be difficult. What I find important also is the fact that this battle could show us a little about the possibility that Guts has a chance to defeat Griffith or maybe to cross his plans.

lordofmasks

A

avidwriter

I can only recall Zodd talking to um, I forgot his name and I don't feel like looking it up but....He said something like "the only rule of an apostle is to do whatever they want" in other words, I don't think he has anything holding him back from attacking Griffith. Except perhaps being completely wiped out with a finger. So he might, big might, bow and join him? I highly doubt that but I would like to see a fight. I doubt also Griffith would get his hands dirty at this point so if he does put up a fight I think Zodd and co might take him out.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Feanor said:

Excellent point, this whole episode is a direct ripoff...

Directive4.jpg

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Griffith is going to get his "hands dirty" on this one. I mean, he's already gone to the trouble of killing the lowly guards, he always takes the General's head personally (and literally, sometimes), he already waved off his men, and hey, when the Hell else is he going to get a more legit chance to get his hands dirty? The final battle with Serpico?

Though, like I said, I don't know that he'll transform into some God-Hawk (though welcome); he may just give Ganishka the evil eye or the kiss of death or something. =)

Maybe Griffith is going to make a demonstration of power or that "God is by his side" by performing a miracle. That way some of the soldiers in Ganishka's army may surrender themselves to Griffith. That way he would have his army reinforced.. Just speculating :void:

Judo

Midlands finest
I don't really know how to express this thought because I'm not a native english-speaker... but Griff/Femto is such an enormous spiritual entity that Ganiska almost bowed down before him just because he lifted his hand. By now I doubt we'll be seing Griffith "fight" in any way that even contains the possibility of getting his face dirty. Yeah, he chops off the heads of Kushan soldiers and generals every now and then, but isn't this more like a symbolic act than an actual need for Griffiths superior sword-skills? I'd rather assume he beats Ganishka in a way that deepens the whole Berserk-cosmology once again(well, that's kind of given because it is constantly deepening anyways). Maybe we'll get to see a little more from Ganishkas view like on page 14.

@avidwriter
are you referring to wyald? i think you're confusing something here.
zodd never said something like that... not in the translation of the edition that adorns my shelf.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
"Griffith No More!" said:
Anyway, I'm pretty sure Griffith is going to get his "hands dirty" on this one. I mean, he's already gone to the trouble of killing the lowly guards, he always takes the General's head personally (and literally, sometimes), he already waved off his men, and hey, when the Hell else is he going to get a more legit chance to get his hands dirty? The final battle with Serpico?

Though, like I said, I don't know that he'll transform into some God-Hawk (though welcome); he may just give Ganishka the evil eye or the kiss of death or something. =)

Exactly, I just hope we get to see Griffith fight for that matter, transforming would be sexy as well.

Griffith

Judo said:
By now I doubt we'll be seing Griffith "fight" in any way that even contains the possibility of getting his face dirty. Yeah, he chops off the heads of Kushan soldiers and generals every now and then, but isn't this more like a symbolic act than an actual need for Griffiths superior sword-skills?

Getting his hands dirty simply means, whatever happens, Griffith is going to do it personally. Whether that's some direct and awesome display of power or something more subtle like we've seen from him thus far.

Anyway, assuming Ganishka is subdued, however Griffith does it would be impressive at this point. Even if Griffith literally drew his sword and killed Ganishka, it would be symbolic of his transcendent dominion.

A

avidwriter

yes Wyald. Ok you made me go and look it up. Vol 11....he says " Do what thou wilt...thats the only commandment for us apostles" so in other words, there is not "directive 4". He can attack Griffith if he chooses

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Yeah I thought they had the choice to be or do whatever they want, like the generals they dont rape and pillage, as far as we know they just kill a crap load of people in battles

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
avidwriter said:
yes Wyald. Ok you made me go and look it up. Vol 11....he says " Do what thou wilt...thats the only commandment for us apostles" so in other words, there is not "directive 4". He can attack Griffith if he chooses

I believe The Idea also says something along those lines in episode 83, a.k.a. the lost episode. As you said, this implies that Ganishka should have the freedom to attack Griffith if he so chooses. However, whether his attacks will actually touch Griffith is another thing entirely. Remember the arrows? I'm really looking forward to the next episode. As the week has gone on, I'm feeling less and less like I did right after reading this episode. Right now I'm actually really looking forward to how Griffith handles the current situation with Ganishka. I can't wait to see what Miura shows us next! :serpico:

Griffith

Guys, maybe we shouldn’t take every translated line completely literally and as dogma. I’m not saying Ganishka can’t attack Griffith, but a common figure of speech taken out of context doesn’t confirm or deny anything at the moment. Anyway, there’s more subtle dynamics at work here than just can or can’t in black and white. I mean, are we assuming that every Apostle is compelled to follow Griffith because that's what they all individually happen to want, by coincidence? =)

It's a definite catch 22 if you're able to "do whatever you want," but by that same nature you want to do a specific thing. And as has been noted, this whole scenario is setting Griffith up to be the conquering hero of Midland, with Ganishka perhaps unwittingly playing the designated role of the vanquished evil.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
I think it has more to do with; out with the old, in with the new, and I think Ganishka is being a stubborn bastard but its ok he has the right to be, he is more powerful than most apostles.

Judo

Midlands finest
I've got the german Panini-issue and the translation in there says:
"To do like we've been told, that's the law/commandment fur us apostles"

So what is it now?

LordofMasks

Well, this is the right time to show how much power Griffith has...maybe he can take off the Apostle status on Granishka...because just killing him in 2 seconds would be lame.

And yes I also think this could be the time for more GH to appear.

avidwriter said:

This is interesting in the German translation it says:
"Do as we are commanded...that is the duty of us Apostles!"

So Apostles have to obey the commands of the God Hand...the thing is who is commanding Ganishka in this case.

But it also could be a false or inapropiate translation...what does it say in Japan?

lordofmasks

LordofMasks said:
And yes I also think this could be the time for more GH to appear.

lordofmasks
I don't see how the other GH would appear if things didn't develop into a ceremony of some sort, this is after all Griffith's business.

Top Bottom