Episode 282

LordofMasks said:
This is interesting in the German translation it says:
"Do as we are commanded...that is the duty of us Apostles!"

So Apostles have to obey the commands of the God Hand...the thing is who is commanding Ganishka in this case.

Apostles don't have to obey the commands anyone, they do whatever they want to do. The other Apostles follow Griffith because the man as unbelievable charisma and they are in some way in love with him.

And my idea about Ganishika is that he is the road to Griffith's objective. Griffith wants to be King, so when he reincarnated there was an Evil Force conquering everything, the Kushan, so whats the best way to become King?
Marry Charlotte and become King of Midland... Destroy the invading army against all odds and become King of all the countries in the Holy See Alliance?
It may sound a little far-fetched but it makes sense.. I guess :void:

LordofMasks

Masks???...yeah, Masks...!!!
Well I also thought that the German translation is wrong but I can not agree with the fact that they can do what ever they want...there has to be some sort of chain of command...but I also do not think that they have to follow Griffith they have for sure choices. Now the other question would be if Ganishka is alone or if more Apostles are against Griffith.

lordofmasks

berserker88

The Raging Demon
LordofMasks said:
Well I also thought that the German translation is wrong but I can not agree with the fact that they can do what ever they want...there has to be some sort of chain of command...but I also do not think that they have to follow Griffith they have for sure choices. Now the other question would be if Ganishka is alone or if more Apostles are against Griffith.

lordofmasks

I dont think there is any chain of command, look at what Zodd does to other aposltes(including Wyald)....he kills them without a second thought, because there allowed to do what ever they want, Ganishka does what ever he once because he has tasted the power of a king and he isnt gonna give it up to no girly looking(but kick ass) Mercenary leader, even if he is a reincarnated god hand

That's just what Ganishika thinks, sorta..
Anyways Griffith already knows what is going to happen and what Ganishika is going to do.. He has the ability to foresee things.. That's why i am saying that Ganishika will be a way to is objective.

LordofMasks

Mr. Sinister....again? said:
I dont think there is any chain of command, look at what Zodd does to other aposltes(including Wyald)....he kills them without a second thought, because there allowed to do what ever they want, Ganishka does what ever he once because he has tasted the power of a king and he isnt gonna give it up to no girly looking(but kick ass) Mercenary leader, even if he is a reincarnated god hand

Well but that is exact the point that makes me think there is some chain of command he kills some Apostles as if nothing, then he teams up with others and he does defend at least Griffith and the God Hand...so something is there. The main point against "they can do what ever they want" is that they were expecting Griffith or the one with the Egg of the King so dont tell me there is no Hierarchy...he killed Wyald because he wanted to do something to Griffith and the God Hand...there must be something...sorry.

lordofmasks

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
CnC has the truth of it. There is no maybe =)

And signing your posts is getting a tad old, laddy ;)

berserker88

The Raging Demon
LordofMasks said:
Well but that is exact the point that makes me think there is some chain of command he kills some Apostles as if nothing, then he teams up with others and he does defend at least Griffith and the God Hand...so something is there. The main point against "they can do what ever they want" is that they were expecting Griffith or the one with the Egg of the King so dont tell me there is no Hierarchy...he killed Wyald because he wanted to do something to Griffith and the God Hand...there must be something...sorry.

lordofmasks

I think it has more to do with the dream/reality battle he had with griffith, after Griffith more or less handed Zodds left horn to him, he won his respect and admiration for him, not because he was told to follow him, and I think the same happend with Grunbeld, Irvine, Rakshas, and Locus.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think the same happend with Grunbeld, Irvine, Rakshas, and Locus.
Locus responded to an oracle, as he said in ep 185; that being the case, I think Zodd got special (read: violent) treatment.

Unless someone wants to argue that what Zodd saw was a kind of oracle, too.

LordofMasks

I think it has more to do with the dream/reality battle he had with griffith, after Griffith more or less handed Zodds left horn to him, he won his respect and admiration for him, not because he was told to follow him, and I think the same happend with Grunbeld, Irvine, Rakshas, and Locus.

That one is a very good point...so he serves him because Griffith is more powerful...I can live with that.

@Uriel: thank you for your advice pal...but I have been around different boards arround 5-7 years and I have allways signed my posts...sorry I think I will keep on doing so. :guts:

lordofmasks

CnC

Ad Oculos
I think it has more to do with the dream/reality battle he had with griffith, after Griffith more or less handed Zodds left horn to him, he won his respect and admiration for him, not because he was told to follow him,

Specifically, Zodd's search was for the "Ultimate Strong One", which was tested in the dream and culminated with Zodd kneeling before Griffith at Albion. Things like respect and admiration are never cited as Zodd's reasons.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Walter said:
Locus responded to an oracle, as he said in ep 185; that being the case, I think Zodd got special (read: violent) treatment.

Unless someone wants to argue that what Zodd saw was a kind of oracle, too.

Well I think a oracle can differ on from ones opinion to the next, basically what I'm getting at is that each one of them was won over to his side through charm or violence, not necessarily because they were told too.

CnC said:
Specifically, Zodd's search was for the "Ultimate Strong One", which was tested in the dream and culminated with Zodd kneeling before Griffith at Albion.  Things like respect and admiration are never cited as Zodd's reasons.

well I meant respect and admiration in the fact that he did find someone stronger than him or the ultimate strong one.

A

avidwriter

I always thought Zodd was "following" Griffith because to go against him would be death. I assume many of his followers think the same. Not to say that they wouldnt die for him if Guts or anyone else went after Griffith. Its better to die showing loyalty then show cowardness and survive only to be finshed or tortured by your leader whom didnt die in the end anyway. How long does anyone think it'll be before we get back to Guts? I guess a few more EPISODES the way things are going now. Depending how quickly Griffith deals with Ganishka.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
avidwriter said:
I always thought Zodd was "following" Griffith because to go against him would be death.
I really don't think that's the singular reason, given the context of the scene that directly precedes Zodd's vision. He's been searching for someone strong enough to kill him, or at least give him a decent fight.

LordofMasks

Walter said:
I really don't think that's the singular reason, given the context of the scene that directly precedes Zodd's vision. He's been searching for someone strong enough to kill him, or at least give him a decent fight.

Yes but the thing that bothers me is Skully also gives him a hard time and he doesnt follow Skully. There has to be another reason.

lordofmasks

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
LordofMasks said:
Yes but the thing that bothers me is Skully also gives him a hard time and he doesnt follow Skully. There has to be another reason.

lordofmasks
Well maybe it also has to do with the fact that you know, he is a God Hand that has been reincarnated and whose presence in the physical realm merging the other realms together? Its like if Jesus came to Earth. Everyone and their mother would join up to be with him. Its one of those type of scenarios for the apostles.

LordofMasks

Also a possibility...well maybe we will never know. But still I hope there will be a good fight between Ganishka and Griffith.

lordofmasks

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
LordofMasks said:
Also a possibility...well maybe we will never know. But still I hope there will be a good fight between Granishka and Griffith.

lordofmasks
What do you mean a possibility? I'm pretty sure its that way. Why would all of these legendary apostles Grunbeld, Locus, Irvine, etc come out and join and follow Griffith?

If they were just after strength and wanted to follow someone strong, why not follow Ganishka? So far he has demonstrated powers to kill multiple Apostles, im sure he could have his way with a few others.

This past episode has clearly showed what power Griffith has over Apostles, he is a God Hand member. They are waaaaay above normal apostles. If they weren't, why did the apostles in the Eclipse stop when Femto was created?

All the Apostles that are under Griffith right now know the score and they know that they must follow Griffith, for what ever reason they have that feeling as Griffith had explained to Ganishka. I don't know how to put it any more simpler then that.

LordofMasks

SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
What do you mean a possibility? I'm pretty sure its that way. Why would all of these legendary apostles Grunbeld, Locus, Irvine, etc come out and join and follow Griffith?

If they were just after strength and wanted to follow someone strong, why not follow Ganishka? So far he has demonstrated powers to kill multiple Apostles, im sure he could have his way with a few others.

This past episode has clearly showed what power Griffith has over Apostles, he is a God Hand member. They are waaaaay above normal apostles. If they weren't, why did the apostles in the Eclipse stop when Femto was created?

All the Apostles that are under Griffith right now know the score and they know that they must follow Griffith, for what ever reason they have that feeling as Griffith had explained to Ganishka. I don't know how to put it any more simpler then that.

Dont get me wrong, I also think that they are with Griffith because of that. My skepsis goes to the fact that almost everyone agrees that Apostles do "what ever they want"...and yes they act with certain individual power. But that they act all in the same way and follow the same guy has nothing to be with "they do what they want". Your example of Griffith = Jesus is very accurate but Jesus wasnt followed by every one...and that Ganishka is the only Apostle to opose Griffith...come on!
Now what is an Apostle:
1. One who pioneers an important reform movement, cause, or belief: an apostle of conservation.
2. A passionate adherent; a strong supporter.
Therefore someone that subordinates to some one or some cause...there under a certain Hierarchy and therefore under a Chain of Command. So he can do what ever he wants...in a certain context yes.
So yes I agree with you. But Apostles "do not do what they want". Sorry.

lordofmasks

S

Sanguinius

I don't know how people can be surprised at how unconcerned Griffith is about all apostles.  If we go right back to the beginning of berserk with the Count all the God Hand including Griffith/Femto considered Guts presence and all the Apostles he had killed to date to be so trivial it wasn't worth killing guts when they could have easily done so.  Only one word appropriately describes the God Hands feelings towards apostles indifference.

God damn it people! Ganishika is the thing that Griffith needs to show himself as the savior! That way he can get in charge of things. Ganishika's role is to die.
That's why Causality made him act the way he acts.. The other Apostles follow Griffith because, just like humans, they are attracted to him because of his charisma (i.e. Jesus on Earth). Get it?

Top Bottom