Episode 282

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
fuxberg said:
God damn it people! Ganishka is the thing that Griffith needs to show himself as the savior! That way he can get in charge of things. Ganishka's role is to die.
That's why Causality made him act the way he acts.. The other Apostles follow Griffith because, just like humans, they are attracted to him because of his charisma (i.e. Jesus on Earth). Get it?

Yeah, I tend to lean towards this idea. It would nice to see Ganishka put up a decent fight. However, I have the distinct feeling he is just another tool in Griffith's ascent to the top.

S

Sanguinius

Ganishka has to me always seemed to be a "powered up" version of Gennon, he exists to play the same role as Gennon did when Griffith was human.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sanguinius said:
Ganishka has to me always seemed to be a "powered up" version of Gennon, he exists to play the same role as Gennon did when Griffith was human.
Just this week I was actually considering doing a photoshop replacing Gennon's head with Ganish's, as depicted in volume 8 when he's left dead on the battlefield.

Their similarity isn't perfect, but it's thematically similar.

S

Sanguinius

To me it seems that Miura is copying the rise Griffith in Midland to Femto's rise in the human world, I think this battle will play the same role to Femto as Doldrey did to Griffith.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Walter said:
Just this week I was actually considering doing a photoshop replacing Gennon's head with Ganish's, as depicted in volume 8 when he's left dead on the battlefield.

Their similarity isn't perfect, but it's thematically similar.

Well lets hope Ganishka actually puts up a good fight! Unlike Gennon who just wanted some ass :griff:

S

Sanguinius

Mr. Sinister....again? said:
Well lets hope Ganishka actually puts up a good fight! Unlike Gennon who just wanted some ass :griff:

Imagine you are fighting an egotistical 2 year old in dippers swinging a plastic sword at you, he might think he is putting up a good fight but ...

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
coolerimmortal said:
I don't think we'll see him again this year.

I wouldn't go that far, but I imagine we'll be sticking with Griffith for several more episodes, if not longer. Seriously though people, just sit back and enjoy what Miura is focusing on now and stop worrying about Guts and company. We'll get back to them eventually, so just relax. :guts:

Yeh, I think we'll get back to Guts and co. by the end of the year.  :guts:

The way I see things, Griffith will deal with Ganishka. I get the feeling Griffith will have no trouble doing this, so this could take as little as 1-2 episodes (unless we're given a Ganishka flashback, as I've seen some people suggest, which could make the wait for his demise a bit longer :serpico: Then again, if Ganishka's lifeline is only going to extend as far as a couple more episodes, such characterisation may be a bit pointless, so maybe not).

Then, once the enitre Kushan forces are defeated, Griffith will appear in front of Owen and such, all messiah-like, and everyone will be overjoyed - probably recalling the prophecy they all saw. This could take as little as 1-2 episodes yet again, or could take quite a bit longer if Miura decides to include Griffith's full ascension to king - being crowned king, getting married to Charlotte etc.

I personally doubt this will happen, though. I expect we'll see Owen's reaction, possibly a couple of conversations (filled with praises and expressions of shock and awe), and then we'll get back to Guts. Griffith's ceremonials will be later...

...IMO, of course.

All in all, I expect we'll be back to Guts and crew in around about five episodes time.

But hey, that's me...  :serpico:

LordofMasks

Masks???...yeah, Masks...!!!
I also think we will se Guts in a few Episodes...and I hope Ganishka will give a good fight. But I hope Miura is planning something overwhelming in this 2 aspects.

lordofmasks

CnC

Ad Oculos
"Griffith No More!" said:
I hope Miura is planning something underwhelming.

...someday you're going to have to tell me how in hell you manage to genuinely confuse so many people with sarcasm each and every time.

...bitchin'

I hope/believe that Miura will starts howing us a flashback about Ganishka. For me it is mad to kill him so suddenly after years of buildup. We still know very little about the Emperor!

When the flashback ends we will see a great battle. I am sure that Ganishka will attack griffith, probably hurt him. He is very powerful, look how he was toying with Zodd, I am sure he will put up a good fight.

Feanor

Nur dem Schwert kannst du vertrauen!
@Griffith_no_more
THX for making this funny collage. I laughed my ass of seeing it at this late hour :serpico:
Very nice work :-) I like the first Robocop and i'm a great fan of paul verhoevens "masterpieces" :chomp: :chomp:

Top Bottom