Hokuto No Ken DVDs

Shin_Akuma

Yattade!!!
This is my firs post here.

At last. Hokuto No Ken TV series on DVD are finally available to buy. 26 DVDs box is sold for 105 000 Yen(uuuuuurghh), containing 6 episodes per DVD. I waited for this moment, all the eternity. Oh damn, I do not have that kind of money, so I will wait for another eternity(sob).
Anyone watched HTNK TV series(one of my all time favourite along with Berserk), and what do you think about them.
Btw I own 50 episodes on VHS.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Fist of the Northstar is awesome!! What is the difference between the TV series and the anime movie??

Shin_Akuma

Yattade!!!
It goes something like this.
Length of the anime movie is about two hours or less. Length of one episode is 25 minutes, and there are 152 episodes existing, which is 110 of first series an 42 of second series. The story in anime movie si actually crippled and modified first series(110ep).
WARNING - LITTLE SPOILER
In first series beside Shin and Rei there are 4 other very importan Nanto characters, and most important there is 4th Hokuto character that is the best ever anime character for me(he resembles me in some ways-not in looks). There are lots of other less or more importan characters which are makeing story complete. There is some incredible thing that happens in fight between Rouh and Kenshiro, better say fight is not like in movie.Second series begins about 5 or 10 years after that clash of brothers by fighting style.
Second series are shorter and divided in two parts. the character design is now closer to movie character design. Story is also goooooood. I don't want to say some true spoilers so that's it.

btw. enyone watched Blade2. Lots of fighting tricks are taken from Hokuto No Ken(Fist of the north star) anime.

btw2. do not mistake Fotns movie with Garry Daniels as Kenshiro(it's crappy) with Fotns anime movie.

Top Bottom