Miura's Explication Recent Berserk Manga Break + Interesting sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, A newcomer arrived  :serpico:

There's two weeks ago, I found this on my usual anime news website (animenewsservice) :

In some of his sidebar comments printed in just about every issue of Young Animal where his Berserk manga serial appears, creator Kentaro Miura often gives some reference to events in his personal life or current goings on with the comic.

In recent issues he gave an explanation for the recent 3+ months of lapse in the manga's serialization. In late 2006 he first warned the manga may go to temporary irregular publication format as the coming storyline would deal with a huge army of over 1000 soldiers.
After returning to Young animal a few weeks ago, Miura confirmed the break was due to the fact that he was drawing soldiers during that time (he draws each one by hand with no computer aids).

Rumors spread online through the Japanese web in 2006 that the series could be coming to a grand finale soon.
Those sentiments apparantly sprung from another one of these sidebar comments :
"Finally 30 volumes. At first though I was going to end it within 2-3 volumes."

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
That's great, I bet they read it here when I said so repeatedly over the last 4 months. :carcus:

Aazealh said:
There'll be yet another break after this episode. And its duration is undisclosed, so we don't know when the next episode will be released. Miura seems rather unhappy about it but said that unfortunately the publication would be irregular for a while. [...] he said he'll have to draw over 1000 characters for each episode, so that'll take time.

Aazealh said:
In this YA, Miura said that all he did during his break was draw soldiers.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Haha, I think back on how myself, Aaz, Griff, Walter, and a few others were talking about how Miuras work enviorment is so immaculent that if someone where to move a pencil that he would just go into a breakdown and quit.

Also... I thought Miura had aids to do the things like that of drawing tons of random character fodder, or was this a special case? I guess I just answered my own question in a way. :???:

Anyways, what will that Miura think of next!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Anyway, before I close this thread, let me comment on something:

Rumors spread online through the Japanese web in 2006 that the series could be coming to a grand finale soon.
Those sentiments apparantly sprung from another one of these sidebar comments :
"Finally 30 volumes. At first though I was going to end it within 2-3 volumes."

This is completely retarded. I'm not going to comment on how many wacky "rumors" if they can even be called that are started every month by fans (which is 2 or 3 people at most), because that'd be giving them too much honor. But this line from Miura was said in a humorous tone, and there's just about no reason at all to see any sign that the manga would end soon in it. I don't know how anyone could attribute enough value to such baseless conjecture to pay it attention, and even less mention it on another website.

SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
Haha, I think back on how myself, Aaz, Griff, Walter, and a few others were talking about how Miuras work enviorment is so immaculent that if someone where to move a pencil that he would just go into a breakdown and quit.

Hmm, I don't remember ever saying or reading that... And I don't think his work environment is immaculate at all actually.

SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
Also... I thought Miura had aids to do the things like that of drawing tons of random character fodder, or was this a special case?

He's got assistants but he still does most of the job himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom