Grail makes doodlies?!

Walter said:
Got some chills looking at both the shooting star and Falconia shots. Really clever amalgamation of recent events.

Same here.

I like how the left side is where Guts and crew are at in the story while the right is about Griffith's side. Also love how the ship, Irvine and flowers escape the usual boundaries of the outlined cover, and reminded how glorious yet ominous Falconia appears. Awesome stuff Grail (!) and congrats Rupert.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Great work as always, Grail. You really worked hard on this one and it shows. I'd love to make a print of this cover and have it framed. You da best!! :guts:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Yowza! Thank you everyone for the kind words, it gave me a real case of the warm fuzzies to read through them all! :slan:

I've been working hard on the art for the Patreon donors since November, and so far I've gotten a real kick out of working with Rupert and the other donors. It's a refreshing experience to work on another person's idea! I just wish that I could work faster, but judging by everyone's feedback, it clearly pays to take your time with these. :serpico:

Walter said:
I love it. Was this done with oil paint originally? Looks like there's some real texture to the lines.
Thanks, man. This was actually all done digitally, using mainly Photoshop, Paint Tool SAI, and a painting program I recently purchased called Clip Studio. The latter two are really useful in producing nice textures.

Walter said:
Got some chills looking at both the shooting star and Falconia shots. Really clever amalgamation of recent events.
I believe Rupert gets credit for that! He mapped the general layout of the composition, which saved me a lot of sketching! :ganishka:

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
This is such a great cover, Grail! Everything about this is awesome, and I love the textures and colors. It's nice seeing a collage cover reflecting the current status of the story. It just realized we haven't had one since about volume 25!

Thanks for sharing Rupert!

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Danan_zpseaayu86u.png

A little something to celebrate the new episode guys, cheers! This may be the pinkest thing I've ever done. :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Grail said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Grenga/Danan_zpseaayu86u.png

A little something to celebrate the new episode guys, cheers! This may be the pinkest thing I've ever done. :ganishka:

Awesome, you rock!

Squiddot

The Falcon needs you. You don't need him!
Amazing what a splash of colour can do to a picture. The strength in the distinction between her skin and "clothes" is something you can't pull off in a black and white medium. It's like i'm seeing the character for the first time again. Awesome job!

That Danan coloring is so gorgeous :isidro:

Somehow since her transformation i always imagined her in white and light green color. But this coloring seems even more fitting, also considering the cherry blossom theme.
It's really awesome. :ubik:

Top Bottom