The Witch, Skull Knight and Elfhame.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Though she’s gotten mixed reviews here, the witch is probably going to play a somewhat prominent role in at least the immediate future of Berserk, so lets’ start talking about the little cutie pie. ;)  I’ll go first, these aren’t theories (as they are based on nothing), just guess’s.  I think Guts is going to meet the Witch at/on the way to Elfhame.  She’ll tell him a way to cure Caska, I think a quest is in order, she’ll probably also analyze him and his feelings about Griffith, Caska and his whole life (Godo style) as well as clue him in to current events.  I also think that Skull Knight is long overdue for an appearance and a post rebirth ceremony speech, probably a more personal discussion then Skully and Guts usually share, he'll clue Guts in on future events. ;)  But, back to the Witch, she looks so cutesy, but I bet she has all kinds of BA powers.  Anyone else care to share their thoughts on the witch?

-Griffith

she should have some what of a large role in the current story, at least for a short time. she should be able to tell Guts of the goings on of Griffith and the rest of Midland. she does seem to have a connection with Elfhame in some way, maybe even living there?
thats all i can really think of right now... its prolly not very good either...

magoamoth

Please... my egg... don't do anything to it... pro
the little which (kawaï,isn't she?) knows maybe the way to enter the ElfHame (Puck knew it off course but he went for a little time and I'm not sure he will able to find the exact place again)....
She will probably inform Gatts for what's going on about Griffith and his new allies;maybe warn him not to go and battle'em because he's not ready yet and have to heal his tortured heart and body...

Anyway,she will have an important role in the coming chapters,but after....??

Preserve the witches,don't burn them for being heretics..(maybe a parent of Miyazaki'sKiki :))

According to me, SK is going to show up at Elfhame... :D

Even if Puck didn't know him, he probably has other connections to elves than his "aura", as he knows places where elves live/d (as Godot's mine), and he could appear at Elfhame to discuss about Griffith's return with Gattsu and the witch.girl.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: The Witch, Skull Knight and Elfhelm.

as he knows places where elves live/d (as Godot's mine), and he could appear at Elfhelm to discuss about Griffith's return with Guts and the witch.girl.
That could just be from living on the same planet for 1000 years, but you could be right.

Mostly Id just like to know more about Pucks background as a character before he met Guts, and his motivations for staying with Guts. Can anyone translate his final words to Jill in volume 16? I m pretty sure Jill asks him : "why do you go with him? (black swordsman)" and Puck responds "I dont really know." (these come from memories of Erias's translations, so bear with me.)

these are from erias' translations:

Jill
Thank you...
But...
Say, Pakk...why do you stay with him?
Pakk
...mm....
Mm....
Jill
But...
He was, after all, an elf.
Pakk
Darned if I know.
That idiot!
Jill
He matched the sky.
-pg148-
Jill

Looking down from the sky, it's easy to miss my tiny little town, hidden among the mountains.
I think....I think my own little fight is just beginning.
Lost Children - Finish

Can anyone translate his final words to Jill in volume 16? I m pretty sure Jill asks him : "why do you go with him? (black swordsman)"

Puck responds: "Well, I can't leave him by himself, can I? He's such an idiot".  ;D

my japanese teacher offered to let me translate in class, but i foolishly told her that its a seinen manga...
DUMMY!!! >:( <*begins to beat self*> DUMMY DUMMY DUMMY!!! >:(

Top Bottom