Episode 283

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The Dark Knight Femto said:
Thats more or less what Ive been thinking, but I hope if that does happen it doesn't take to long to win Silat over to Guts's cause.
Seeing as how one's in the middle of a war and the other is heading across the ocean, it'll be a while if they ever indeed do collaborate.

I'm surprised the concept has supporters. We don't even have any direct evidence to go on, it's just a hunch I've had since the end of their first encounter in vol 9, and given weight since Silat abhors Ganishka's demonic side.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Walter said:
Seeing as how one's in the middle of a war and the other is heading across the ocean, it'll be a while if they ever indeed do collaborate.

I'm surprised the concept has supporters. We don't even have any direct evidence to go on, it's just a hunch I've had since the end of their first encounter in vol 9, and given weight since Silat abhors Ganishka's demonic side.

Well I dont think its to out of this world, it makes sense to me, hence why I started that topic over at specuclation nation, but even for that topic its all a bunch of what if's??

I doubt Silat's groupies will be along for the ride. I think they will be slaughtered while allowing to Silat to escape whatever fate tries to befall them as a whole. And him being on his own will cause him to unwillingly side with Guts.

On another note, I wonder when Guts' behelit will come back into the picture.

LordofMasks

Masks???...yeah, Masks...!!!
Walter said:

I dont know why Silat should join Guts...until now I allways thought that Silat was just a character destinated to show what happens on the other side (Ganishka)...and I still dont know what a role he will play. I think he will be killed very soon. The question is which side will kill him...or maybe he will report in a distant futere something important to Guts...but I dont know what.

lord of masks

lordoftheringsisawesome said:
I think he will be killed very soon.
No way. Why would he be introduced ALL THE WAY BACK IN VOL. 9, pop up here and there only to be killed very soon?

I agree with most people, Silat will somehow, someday be fighting alongside Guts and Co.

Walter said:
I think Miura's been chiseling Silat's character into a member of Guts' Band for years now.
Yup yup

On that note, did you think Farnese would ever become a witch?! :schierke:

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
The idea of Silat joining is certainly awesome enough.
Fitting into what I said earlier, Griffith killing Ganishka inside the palace with some horrible godhand magic and showing his corpse to the armies outside would go along with the whole "Hey guys I'm Jesus not Satan haha! Thats right you gullible bastards!", but has Silat knowing otherwise.

The idea of Silat joining is certainly awesome enough.
Fitting into what I said earlier, Griffith killing Ganishka inside the palace with some horrible godhand magic and showing his corpse to the armies outside would go along with the whole "Hey guys I'm Jesus not Satan haha! Thats right you gullible bastards!", but has Silat knowing otherwise.

I'm sure Griffith is aware of Silat's presence. Those two will have a confrontation when all is said and done. With Silat not willing to bow to another monster, this could have Griffith order his death, only to have his body guards die while Silat makes his unwilling escape. That would actually be a nice setup.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
No way. Why would he be introduced ALL THE WAY BACK IN VOL. 9, pop up here and there only to be killed very soon?
Yeah, I think Lordoftheringsisawesome was simply not using his imagination when he came up with that conclusion. The realm of possibilities for Silat is wide open, even joining Guts aside.

On that note, did you think Farnese would ever become a witch?! :schierke:
Not a witch, but her blind allegiance to "god" was always suspect, and I felt it would ultimately be dispeled. The development of Silat's character is a little more privy to inspection though. He's been shown as disenchanted with the Kushan regieme as early as volume 22, and more recently evidenced in eps 232-233. He was beaten by Guts and has a profound respect for his ability, having only barely survived their last fight. Perhaps most telling - he didn't launch a second offensive after Guts slaughtered 12 of his Bakiraka in volume 18. He let the man walk. Of course... he launches a major attack after Albion falls but ... they forced his hand! :guts:

Kagami

Goo!
LordofMasks said:
. I think he will be killed very soon.

Naw, but he just might be the only human (not including Guts and Co.) to see what type of guy (thing) Griff really is. A few more days and we will know!

LordofMasks

Walter said:
Yeah, I think Lordoftheringsisawesome was simply not using his imagination when he came up with that conclusion. The realm of possibilities for Silat is wide open, even joining Guts aside.
Not a witch, but her blind allegiance to "god" was always suspect, and I felt it would ultimately be dispeled. The development of Silat's character is a little more privy to inspection though. He's been shown as disenchanted with the Kushan regieme as early as volume 22, and more recently evidenced in eps 232-233. He was beaten by Guts and has a profound respect for his ability, having only barely survived their last fight. Perhaps most telling - he didn't launch a second offensive after Guts slaughtered 12 of his Bakiraka in volume 18. He let the man walk. Of course... he launches a major attack after Albion falls but ... they forced his hand! :guts:

That is exactly the point that I mean and because of that I dont think that Silat will join Guts...it is somesort of I hate you but respect you thing, and I really hope they dont become "friends". But when I said he will be killed very soon I mean in the next 4-6 Vol. of Berserk and that is because I think and hope that the story will come to an end within the next 10 Volumes. I said hope because it has taken almost ten years if not more to get to 31 Vol. and waiting another 10 years for the end would be too much. Also even if Berserk is an AWESOME Manga I think Miura like every other artist should start with new and better proyects.

Judo

Midlands finest
berserk is constantly developing... so no need to start any "better projects".

just stop talking crap and stay on topic...

CnC

Ad Oculos
LordofMasks said:
Also even if Berserk is an AWESOME Manga I think Miura like every other artist should start with new and better proyects.

Blasphemy! Where's Mozgus!?!

But seriously, you suck.

lordofplainol'cockandballs said:
Also even if Berserk is an AWESOME Manga I think Miura like every other artist should start with new and better proyects.

http://gtfomyfaceshit.ytmnd.com/

Dude...new and better? Fuck it, I was gonna try and talk sense into you, but hopefully it dawns on you later what a kind of a comment that was. :miura:

CnC said:
Where's Mozgus!?!

Right HERE!
Mozgus03copy.jpg

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
LordofMasks said:
That is exactly the point that I mean and because of that I dont think that Silat will join Guts...it is somesort of I hate you but respect you thing, and I really hope they dont become "friends". But when I said he will be killed very soon I mean in the next 4-6 Vol. of Berserk and that is because I think and hope that the story will come to an end within the next 10 Volumes. I said hope because it has taken almost ten years if not more to get to 31 Vol. and waiting another 10 years for the end would be too much. Also even if Berserk is an AWESOME Manga I think Miura like every other artist should start with new and better proyects.

Artists should start other projects.....for the sake of starting other projects?
Hunh wha?
Why?
Berserk is an epic. Theres so many loose ends left that ending in 10 volumes would be messy, and ending for the sake of ending would be simply pointless.
Seriously, why?
You a Yoshiro Togashi fan or what?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Uriel said:
I'm quite disheartened by how quickly this thread flew off topic.

Why not suggest a talking point instead of get all emotional about it?
:schierke:

Contrary to what Walter suggested, I don't see Silat joining Gut's band anytime soon. My reasoning is the Tapasa are blocking that alliance (narratively speaking). Does anyone really see the Tapasa in that group?
I think Silat and the bakiraka will either join Griffith or act autonomously, for the time being. If Silat were to lose his men that would be different.

Judo

Midlands finest
Even if the 4 Tapasa were to be killed, I think he would still feel responsibility for the rest of his clan.
It'd be interesting to know how many of them are left in total.
Since the Bakiraka are assassins, I doubt they take part in this open-field battle.

CnC

Ad Oculos
LordofMasks said:
So lets start:

Lets not. Moving on.

HawaiianStallion said:
Getting sort of back on topic... I wonder if we're gonna actually see Ganishka's apostle form this ep. or its gonna be more fog face?

I was surprised to see Ganishka go fog form again so soon. I think the wound to the forehead would have more effect than just a scar. I would go as far as to speculate that is going to play a part in this episode.

LordofMasks

CnC said:
Lets not. Moving on.

I was surprised to see Ganishka go fog form again so soon. I think the wound to the forehead would have more effect than just a scar. I would go as far as to speculate that is going to play a part in this episode.

That is a good point...I missed completely the part with the scar...could you please tell me where it is?

LordofMasks said:
That is a good point...I missed completely the part with the scar...could you please tell me where it is?

CnC said:

Judo

Midlands finest
Since Ganishka has already taken his fog-form and this seems to be his greatest battle ever, I somehow feel that it's unlikely for us to see any physical apostle-form of him. Maybe his fog-appearance is already a magical pimped version of his apostle-transformation.
I know, theres nothing to back this up... it's just a guess.

CnC

Ad Oculos
LordofMasks said:

Christ, dude. Are you serious? Read my post! Its on his forehead. Look at any of the panels depicting Ganishka in the past couple of episodes.

Also re-read the entire fight with Guts/Zodd and ganishka.

Seriously, if you're not even going to pay attention to the recent episodes or the discussions about them then don't post in these threads.

LordofMasks

CnC said:
Christ, dude. Are you serious? Read my post! Its on his forehead. Look at any of the panels depicting Ganishka in the past couple of episodes.

Seriously, if you're not even going to pay attention to the recent episodes or the discussions about them then don't post in these threads.

Sorry pal...my fault, I didnt mean where he has it in his body but where (as in which episode) it happend...I really missed that point...sorry again.

LordofMasks said:
Sorry pal...my fault, I didnt mean where he has it in his body but where (as in which episode) it happend...I really missed that point...sorry again.

CnC said:

Emphasis mine.  :miura:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
LordofMasks said:

Ganishka receives the scar in Episode 277, as a result of Guts' and Zodd's combined attack.

Top Bottom