Episode 283

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dirty Dog said:
The Idea of Evil - who makes people into God Hands - is the collective conciousness of the evil of the world. There may be an "Idea of Good" too, but there's no evidence of its existence.
Since as you said, the Idea of Evil is the COLLECTIVE consciousness of all humanity, there is absolutely no reason for an "idea of good" to exist. The Idea is the summation of everyone's longing for a god, not a portion of it.
by the way, was there no dialogue in this EPISODE? Or is it just that nobody's gotten around to translating?
(not trying to rush anyone, just curious because the last few episodes have been translated quickly)
It's not out yet... It's officially released on Friday.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
prawnstyle said:
Well, from SCHIERKE magic there seems to be beings of light which have great power and which the magic folk call on to grant them power...

Elemental spirits, but they're not really directly opposing the God Hand, and like Dirty Dog said they aren't especially good from what we've seen. The Flame Wheel didn't seem so nice. Or maybe you mean the Elemental Kings, but even so, they haven't been shown to "aid" people through invisible means like what you were suggesting. Their interventions through Schierke's defensive spell are quite spectacular.

prawnstyle said:
given SK nature there is zero chance hes getting aid...

Given his nature? We know practically nothing about it... It's just that he doesn't use magic, or at least hasn't been shown using any so far.

Dirty Dog said:
The Idea of Evil - who makes people into God Hands - is the collective conciousness of the evil of the world. There may be an "Idea of Good" too, but there's no evidence of its existence.

Let's be exact here. At most, the Idea of Evil is the embodiment of the dark side of humanity's collective consciousness. Switching words around in that sentence doesn't work.

Dirty Dog

Walter said:
It's not out yet... It's officially released on Friday.
Oh. My bad. :troll:

Aazealh said:
and like Dirty Dog said they aren't especially good from what we've seen.
Yes! I finally got one right! :guts: :troll:

Aazealh said:
Let's be exact here. At most, the Idea of Evil is the embodiment of the dark side of humanity's collective consciousness. Switching words around in that sentence doesn't work.
Walter said:
Since as you said, the Idea of Evil is the COLLECTIVE consciousness of all humanity, there is absolutely no reason for an "idea of good" to exist. The Idea is the summation of everyone's longing for a god, not a portion of it.
...just to get another one wrong right afterwards.
Guess my memory slurred things together again. >.<

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NOCOMPROMISE.jpg

Well, the mobile fort wasn't of much use it seems... And as expected, a blast of wind blew off Ganishka's fog. His magic wasn't of much use this time. An unexpected end to the battle though, but one that pleases me personally. Just like me, Griffith wants a final showdown in Wyndham. :badbone: I'll wait for others to comment before developping my thoughts further, but it's a very interesting episode overall.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Yay! Early episode!

D/l'ing it now. Thanks Aaz

EDIT: Well I am extremely relieved we didn't see some huge display of power by Griff. As long as his abilities are more in the realm of the miraculous thats great.
Miura's too damn good to let the writing sink to that level.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
Well I am extremely relieved we didn't see some huge display of power by Griff. As long as his abilities are more in the realm of the miraculous thats great.
Miura's too damn good to let the writing sink to that level.

Well, I wouldn't be against Griffith showing off some enormous power like Femto did in the past... As long as it's well done, it's well done. The fact that his power would be huge isn't a proof of anything in itself. At least in my opinion.

Anyway, I find it funny how Ganishka tells Griffith that he won't kill him, just paralize and capture him/contaminate his beauty, only to be on his knees a minute later.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Well, I wouldn't be against Griffith showing off some enormous power like Femto did in the past... As long as it's well done, it's well done. The fact that his power would be huge isn't a proof of anything in itself. At least in my opinion.

Agree, I was referring to another argument, as you know (now).

Aazealh said:
Anyway, I find it funny how Ganishka tells Griffith that he won't kill him, just paralize and capture him/contaminate his beauty, only to be on his knees a minute later.

I'm itching for a translation as I furiously try to stitch these two friggin' pages together and get to colorin' :)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Sweet, as I was reading through the posts prior to yours, Aazealh, I was hoping we might see it early this week (simply because it's happened several times in the past), and a second later my hopes became reality! Thanks! :serpico:

Sweet it's out early, I can't wait for the translation! Helluva cool pics at the end, Griffith in the circle of his men amidst the retreating Kushan, damn, I want to know what was said that made them pull back. On that notion, it's gonna be a long time till April :judo:
Thanks Aaz for this nice surprise!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
vlad said:
I want to know what was said that made them pull back.

Well, Griffith let Ganishka go and told him that the last battle, the most important one should be in the capital city (Wyndham). He basically spared Ganishka, so that he had no choice but to retreat along with his troops, at their utmost surprise. Obviously this is done in order to give more splendor to his ascension to the throne of Midland, confirming what we've thought for years now: that Ganishka is a clever device whose ultimate purpose is to make Griffith look fantastically good by contrast.

An interesting detail is that Griffith called Ganishka "great emperor." That's more credit that some people here have been giving the old man lately. :SK:

LordofMasks

Masks???...yeah, Masks...!!!
I was surprised...so no final battle yet. Still I want to know what they said...looks like the made a up a sort of deal or future meeting. And Ganishka really looks old after the fog was blown away.
And yes it is along time until April but I think after the translation we will have a lot to discuss.

Oh...just read your reply Aazaelh ... so he let him go, well like I said that was the deal! Thank you.

Amazing....so Griffth let Ganishka retreat for now...its expected that as an apostle Ganishka wouldn't constitute any threat to Griffth, but damn, he keeps climbing...so he wants Wyndham to be the final battle...but Im think it will be in the Nexus, with Gutz

peace

Thanks for the scans, Aaz. It looks like Ganishka can change his body in fog, besides project his astral body in fog, too. And the wind was supernatural or it just was the normal coast wind?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
prawnstyle said:
so he wants Wyndham to be the final battle...but Im think it will be in the Nexus,  with Guts

peace

I doubt Guts will be in Wyndham when Griffith and Ganishka battle it out. And why would it take place in the Nexus? Are you thinking Ganishka will attempt to summon the God Hand with his beherit if/when Griffith overpowers him (much like The Count did)?

brinco said:
Thanks for the scans, Aaz. It looks like Ganishka can change his body in fog, besides project his astral body in fog, too.

I got the impression that he was simply surrounding his real body with his "fog form," not actually turning into fog. Least that's what it looks like to me in this episode.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
brinco said:
And the wind was supernatural or it just was the normal coast wind?

It doesn't look very natural to me...

Rhombaad said:
I got the impression that he was simply surrounding his real body with his "fog form," not actually turning into fog. Least that's what it looks like to me in this episode.

Yeah, I had that impression too. I think it's ambiguous on purpose, more suspense for the "final battle." :void: He did look like he transformed physically in the last episode though, there's a panel where he turns literally white before the fog appears.

LordofMasks

Aazealh said:
It doesn't look very natural to me...

Yeah, I had that impression too. I think it's ambiguous on purpose, more suspense for the "final battle." :void: He did look like he transformed physically in the last episode though, there's a panel where he turns literally white before the fog appears.

Well it also looks to me that way but maybe in the last episode he just exuded or excreted the fog and so he looked white. But his true form wasnot revealed.
To another point was it just my way to see it or was Ganishka trembling and kneeling before Griffith? I mean what will he do now to "try to defeat him". Of course I am short of the translation so I still dont know what to think about this...any opinions/thoughts?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
lordoftheringsisawesome said:
was Ganishka trembling and kneeling before Griffith? I mean what will he do now to "try to defeat him". Of course I am short of the translation so I still dont know what to think about this...any opinions/thoughts?

Griffith said that his blade can't reach Ganishka, and that they can't hold him captive either, as he's able to turn into fog. Things aren't so one-sided. I'm sure the battle that'll take place in the Demon City won't be as easily won as this one.

LordofMasks

Aazealh said:
Griffith said that his blade can't reach Ganishka, and that they can't hold him captive either, as he's able to turn into fog. Things aren't so one-sided. I'm sure the battle that'll take place in the Demon City won't be as easily won as this one.

Thank you. This throws a new light upon the whole situation...I should have stayed in Japanese lessons, well so they let him go because they cant take him prisoner...yes I think the next battle will be much more complicated. Still I am looking forward the coming translation.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
LordofMasks said:
well so they let him go because they cant take him prisoner

Or is that just an excuse Griffith is using in order to insure that the final battle takes place in Wyndham? :carcus:

Holy shit. I totally didn't see Griffith letting Ganishka go. After today tho, it makes sense. I thought the the giants tearing down the place was fucking nuts. What's Silat gonna do now I wonder? Amazing, amazing episode. Thanx Aaz!

And yes, a bear DOES shit in the woods.  :carcus:

As usual, thanks Aaz.
I very like the design of the giant soldiers, especially two of them, down right of the third page.

Fireworks really are a retreat symbol ? I mean, is this a previous military code or is this just a fictional/symbolic way for the all Ganishka's troops to stop and retreat ?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Thanks Aaz! Saves me a early morning trip! :carcus: Anyways, I thought it was also funny with Ganishka talking his smack then all of a sudden brought to his knees with the " I was only joking about killing you" face.

Now I think its going to go shift back to Gut's marry little crew. Yay! To bad we have to wait till April!! :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo:

LordofMasks

Ryouma said:
As usual, thanks Aaz.
I very like the design of the giant soldiers, especially two of them, down right of the third page.

Fireworks really are a retreat symbol ? I mean, is this a previous military code or is this just a fictional/symbolic way for the all Ganishka's troops to stop and retreat ?

Yes fireworks where used to give signs in the Battlefield...and I think even the amount of blasts meant something different...not only to retreat.

The giant soldiers looked good.

Top Bottom