Episode 283

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Let's get one thing straight; it's not really a belief to have or not that Skully has a bone to pick with all of the God Hand, it's a fact that's been plainly stated by himself and others. His personal relationship with Void beyond that is where things get more subjective and belief comes into the picture.

They're all his sworn enemies, so how much more personal is it/does it have to be for them to look at each other? Is it just that Void does the talking and seems to lead the group? It doesn't have to be just between the two of them to be "personal", nor a coincidence that he'd attack the leader of the ceremony if it wasn't.

The problem is that the mistranslation contaminated the whole thought process on this. Everybody read about this supposed personal vow against Void and that affects how they see all the circumstantial evidence. For the record, it looks like there's a personal connection to me, and I'm all in favor of it, but like Aaz said, that idea's been around forever, and so I admit I'm biased and it could just be that he's enemies with all of them.

Imagine if the mistranslation had said he had an especially personal beef with Slan, and so everyone believed that instead; think of how that would change your perception of their encounter in volume 26. He didn't seem any less interested in attacking her because Void wasn't there, and he and Slan seemed to know each other and conversed, even exchanging insults. But does that suggest, or lead anyone to believe, that it's MORE personal with her than Void or the others? I don't think so.

The point is there's not really enough to argue about it, people have their ideas and opinions, but we simply don't know either way.

Don't forget about the Wiseman and Gaiseric, who wore a skull shaped elm.
And lived a 1000 years ago..
I'm not saying that i support the theory, i am just stating that some of the people who think that way has that in consideration, along with everything else said previously.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
fuxberg said:
Don't forget about the Wiseman and Gaiseric, who wore a skull shaped elm.
And lived a 1000 years ago..
I'm not saying that i support the theory, i am just stating that some of the people who think that way has that in consideration, along with everything else said previously.

That statement is vague and meandering, it doesn't really directly relate to my specific point about how these relationships are subjectively perceived. If you mean the theory that the Wiseman was Void, then that's certainly an example of the kind of subjective belief I was talking about; but, whether it's true or not isn't my concern here, my point is simply that it, and theories like it, are possibilities currently without evidence to confirm or deny. Thus, for one to actively think it to be true or false is a subjective belief.

I just hope this doesn't further confuse the issue.

initialdproject

I'm stalking you....
Heh, havn't seen creampuff in a long time. A mistranslation oh? Never knew that. Well then, if his beef is with the godhand, would griff be included? He is not a member anymore right? Maybe skully wants to take them all out at once. Sorry, too much speculation.

Thanks for clearing that up grifff.....

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
initialdproject said:
Well then, if his beef is with the godhand, would griff be included? He is not a member anymore right?
Griff is still a member. Why wouldn't he be? He dedicated his SOUL to the cause. Just because he has a new body doesn't exclude him from being a member. He's actively pursuing their agenda by his actions.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
initialdproject said:
His soul? Griff had a soul? Haha, sorry. Uh, I was under the impression that femto was a godhand member. Wonder where that guy went?
Femto is Griffith.

I'm caught up and WOW what to expect now? I think Griffith will have to have a discussion with the members of the Holy See Alliance. They'll make him the grand marshall of the army, or maybe even a pope :serpico:

I wonder how far off the Ganishka showdown will be... I'd say it's in the near future but it could be a great distance away, both in TIME and SPACE. :???:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kalie Ma said:
I wonder how far off the Ganishka showdown will be... I'd say it's in the near future but it could be a great distance away, both in TIME and SPACE. :???:

Well it's not like there's a doubt concerning where it'll be (Wyndham). As for time, Griffith will probably move against him before long, once he'll have organized the Holy See alliance as he sees fit.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
I'm wondering.. Will the new issue of volume 32 be delayed for a year?
I haven't really considered it yet, or done the math. But, let's do it together!

Volumes were released once every 6 months until vol 27, when the release date appears to have slowed down. I'd say a safe estimate would be 6-8 months wait between future volumes.

So, using that "logic", last volume, 31, came out on Sept. 29. 8 months from then would be roughly... May 29. That gives Miura from April-May to complete 3 episodes (check the manga section, vol 32 SHOULD end with ep 286, 3 eps from now). I think he can do that.

So, short answer, I don't expect a longer delay than normal, no. Certainly not delayed for a YEAR.

Walter said:
I haven't really considered it yet, or done the math. But, let's do it together!

Volumes were released once every 6 months until vol 27, when the release date appears to have slowed down. I'd say a safe estimate would be 6-8 months wait between future volumes.

So, using that "logic", last volume, 31, came out on Sept. 29. 8 months from then would be roughly... May 29. That gives Miura from April-May to complete 3 episodes (check the manga section, vol 32 SHOULD end with ep 286, 3 eps from now). I think he can do that.

So, short answer, I don't expect a longer delay than normal, no. Certainly not delayed for a YEAR.

I understand... What I meant was the usual schedule in the past was it pushed back by a year now in comparison?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Smith said:
I understand... What I meant was the usual schedule in the past was it pushed back by a year now in comparison?

Really? 'cause what you said was more like
Smith said:
I'm wondering.. Will the new issue of volume 32 be delayed for a year?

Top Bottom