Episode 186

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
greetings,
i come as the new hawk does... ;-)

well, why are we talking about griffis here?
Femto more like it...the fact he has his human form back doesn't mean anything...he is a demon, completely another entity that griffis was. He lacks any human emotions, and is rather indiferent to them. His only goal is conquest, while other god hand, like slain, seem to be amused with human fate. As i statted in my post on the "moonlight knight", these new guys ain't taka no dan revised, but rather some big time players like zoddo or gaisserick, since even there is some similarity, it's a rather long shot to think miura would recycle characters, especially folks like colcas, mr.useless and meaningless of the series, who's dream was to get laid. Pipin didn't use a shield. Why do it in the afterlife? And finally how can anyone place Judo in such a messed up party? Only Miura, I know... ;) but not this time, I hope, even tough it is possible that gatsu will have to re-destroy the whole taka no dan, as an ultra punishment for who know's what. Miura is especially sadistic towards his main character as we all know, since Gatsu can perfectly fit the "most fucked up of all times" character role..
Predicting Miura is razor walking, as many will find out soon.

I don't think any of the hawks members are in Griffiths new army they are just apostles that are drawn to Griffith to help him get his own kingdom.

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
i dunno about that... what else would they do after griffith's got his own country? go their seperate ways & ride off into the sunset? doubtful. they'll probably end up being his vassals, or some sort of thing. maybe each of the apostles will get a castle in the kingdom of griffith. that would work out nicely, because it'd make things much easier for gatts. that way he could just take em all down one at a time...

White_Hawk

the crimson beherit gives one the command of the world, while the normal egg give the wielders control of a certain area. Was giffith just passing by in his career as demon lord in god hand, cuz, not all god hand had the crimson eggy?
It's so complicated, I think it's just better to sit down and wait the next chapter... :p

the crimson beherit gives one the command of the world, while the normal egg give the wielders control of a  certain area.

"A certain area"?? There's absolutely nothing about that in the manga...

Was giffith just passing by in his career as demon lord in god hand, cuz, not all god hand had the crimson eggy?

Er... What?  ???

The Crimson Beherit is used during Occultations (once in 216 years) and transforms a human being into a God Hand.
"Simple" Beherits transform human beings into Apostles.

White_Hawk

I'm sooo sorry I don't have the manga with me, but I'm 213% positive it says that the common egg gives "control over a certain area(geographically, a county or something similiar) aside the superduper powers and bodily mutations.
It's kinda hard to remember all that while you're workin in a cyber cafe. If I'm wrong don't get mad...
Where does it state that God Hand members ruled the world. Slain for one. Does it say anywhere she was empress of the world, being a god hand. And ubiq and crappy conrad.
And phemto, now in the shell resembling griffis, why isn't he among them. I think it's because Griffis/Phemt/neogriffis is destined to rule the world, and thatz it.

I'm sooo sorry I don't have the manga with me, but I'm 213% positive it says that the common egg gives "control over a certain area(geographically, a county or something similiar) aside the superduper powers and bodily mutations.

Er... Well, I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you're 213% wrong, then... ^^;;

Where does it state that God Hand members ruled the world.

Why do you ask that?  :-/

But no, I can't seem to remember anything about the God Hands "ruling the world", not in these words, anyway... I may be wrong, I didn't really pay attention to that.
The manga does say that they're manipulating human history, however, and I guess that's more or less the same?...

Slain for one. Does it say anywhere she was empress of the world, being a god hand. And ubiq and crappy conrad.
And phemto,

That would be "Slan", "Ubik", "Conrad" and "Femto", in my humble opnion...
(yeah, nitpicking, I know  ;D )

now in the shell resembling griffis,

Everybody calls him "Griffith", actually, not "Femto", so... ^^;

why isn't he among them.

Because of his incarnation. He's a being of flesh again, and they're not.

White_Hawk

my point xactly...he's being flesh and they're not..why?
Why can't they just become flesh and kill everything and have a ball?

They can't. Only HE can. He is the ONLY one that had the Crimson Egg, along with, maaybe Gaiserrick.
And about the Griffis name thingy. In the anime, which is quite a good reference, Gatsu calls him Griffi*s* kind of a silent pronounce...and so do the others...now, as i'm like 213% wrong on the first thing, I did see the anime.How about it?

White_Hawk

and, my apologies for being hasty, but now I grasp the your point, good sir...
Everyone calls him Griffis now you say? Well, here I am not in the position to discuss for I haven't red the no.21...yet! :'(
So, if everyone calls him griffis is just logical. Who else knew him as Phemt?

And about those silly name disputes...
we all know TOO well who we're talkin about. 8) 8)

at the mercy of the translations

my point xactly...he's being flesh and they're not..why?

Because "spiritual entities" like the God Hands can receive flesh only once in a thousand years.
The question would rather be: why _him_?

He is the ONLY one that had the Crimson Egg

Nope, he most certainly isn't.
Slan: "That's the Crimson Beherit that only the ones who can be reincarnated into guardian angels, God Hands, like us can obtain. The Egg of the Conqueror." (volume 13, page 140)

along with, maaybe Gaiserrick.

And that's a big "maybe"...

And about the Griffis name thingy. In the anime, which is quite a good reference, Gatsu calls him Griffi*s* kind of a silent pronounce...and so do the others...now, as i'm like 213% wrong on the first thing, I did see the anime.How about it?

You're still 213% wrong, sorry. ^^;;
You have to understand that the voice actors are _Japanese_, they don't use the same sounds as English people.
It's "Griffith". Just check anywhere... DVDs, artbooks, telecards, figures, ...

P

paradiselost

TEXT
However, the point is...
...this episode is like a kinda of door, that introduce ourselves, all of us, the ones who like more Gatts, the ones who like more Griffis, and bla bla bla, I was saying, this episode let us see a new future of Beruseruku...
...Something I can say, my dear friends, is that for sure we'll have something we like so much to read about for many years still...ehehhehehhe...

...what about the new future of Beruseruku? It's so difficult to say now...
...new characters, most of then not so positive...
...and I'm sure, all the ones of the past 'll come back, 'caseu all of us know about how much Miura is crazy positive sometime...

...the only idea I can have about the future of Griffis and his group, I can see from one of the last images of number 186...
...Griffis on his horse, and people alla round, with a raising sun...

...the falcon is raising, that's for sure...

;)

and, my apologies for being hasty, but now I grasp the your point, good sir...

No problem, really... ^^;;;

So, if everyone calls him griffis is just logical. Who else knew him as Phemt?

Guts did, but since he never called him that way, that doesn't mean anything, of course...
But _Miura_ did. And he's calling him "Griffith", so... ^^;
Of course, he has changed (and then again, in some ways, he hasn't  ;) )...

CnC

Ad Oculos
Japanese: Gurifisu
English direct translation, no dispute: Griffith

As for this normal behelit thing giving power over a geographical area. The apostle's can do pretty much what they want, right (Olivier correct if wrong)? that includes roaming around.

And Griffith was supposedly destined to have that red behelit. Its not a question of having it at the right time.

As for this normal behelit thing giving power over a geographical area.  The apostle's can do pretty much what they want, right (Olivier correct if wrong)?   that includes roaming around.

Yeah, they're free. They don't _have_ to rule over some place or anything, as far as we know... It's just that some of them want to, I guess. ^^

And Griffith was supposedly destined to have that red behelit.  Its not a question of having it at the right time.

Yep, that's the Causality at work, as always.  ;)

White_Hawk

Tomorow, when my shift is over, I'll go home and grab my volumes of berserk and I will be as accurate as I can.
However, I still cannot agree that Griffis is Griffith. It sounds so much better to me as Griffis, since Griffith is an existing name, and that drains the juice out of it, same thing with Gatts*u*. But, "de gustibus.." so anyone enjoy their trtanslations the most.

P

paradiselost

...guys...

to give you a stop an a new point, in Italy the name "Griffith" is not "Griffis", or the same "Griffith", but it is: "Grifis"

what about it?

Asir

that facil is to die, that dificil is to be born
THAT SO BAD they CAN CONSIDER TO GRIFFIT? Though we see the passed actions of Griffit and all the pain that has provoked to Gatt despues of so many years, we are able... to consider the actions of Griffit as evils? Despues of all, as many as heroes of the past did not act the same as the? Carlos Martell, The Cid Campeador, Juana of Arch, Carlomagno, all they killed of way to the brutal times to be able to bring the peace or to unify states anarquicos in violent times, the violence is resolved with violence. HISTORICAMENTE SPEAKING we SEE IN MIDLAND A SIMULACION OF IT FALLEN OF CONSTANTINOPLA BY THE Turks, WHICH MARKS THE END OF THE AVERAGE AGE AND OF THE OLD VALUES, GRIFFIT, REPRESENTS THE European RENAISSANCE GATT ON THE OTHER HAND, UNFORTUNATELY EVEN REPRESENTS TO THE OSCURANTISMO, you WERE BUT DARK

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
White_hawk...PLEASE do a little bit more research before making such accusationsPLEEEEEASE

Read through my summaries, the timeline and the character synopsis,all are in the FAQ. They will fill in a lot of the gaps you have.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Something struck my eye here. You compared the battle midland is undergoing, to the fall of constantinople under the rule of the Turks.

This seems like a remarkably accurate comparison, but I dunno how this fits in with our world's real chronology.

P

paradiselost

...if I can say with my memory, the fall of Costantinople is datated something like 1259, or something about it...

...it is, however, during the 4th Crusade to Jerusalem...
...this Crused never arrived to Jerusalem, but went to give the last "backassopendoor"

;D

to Costantinople...

see you...

Even if it is not clarified, I don't think so...

Wild was so cruel even against the people of Midlands that the king sent him always on the front line, and certainly he woudn't have granted lordship on his people to such a butcher...

Ciao, Paradiselost!

Top Bottom