AOW - Guts & Zodd: "Desperate Attack"

Just got an email from AOW with a new product on the horizon:

======
Originated in the Berserk Comics Vol. 277, the unbelievable scene of Guts riding on Zodd is recreated by ART OF WAR.

Facing Ganishka, Guts & Zodd are ready for making a desperate attack together.

Open for order at 11:00 a.m. 24 February (Japanese time)
======

If this is going to be 1/10 scale, it's gonna KICK ASSSSSSSSS. I'm pretty tired of seeing another Guts and Zodd statue, but seriously... can't complain about this!!!

UPDATE: most likely 1/15 scale, judging by the new pictures below (Guts' face is pretty small). Also, the price is 38,000 yen, direct from AOW. Sorry I confused people previously with Masato's quote.

PH1172304310.jpg

OP11172304310_1.jpg

OP21172304310_2.jpg

OP31172304310_3.jpg

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I was just going to post this myself, but you beat me to it by like a minute!
I have nothing but awesome expectations for this statue, and I am very excited!

N

Ng51386

This one is extremely tempting to get... Wonder what the price tag will be on this one :troll:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Ng51386 said:
This one is extremely tempting to get... Wonder what the price tag will be on this one :troll:

No kidding, this sounds really cool, but I'm guessing it's gonna be pricier than the usual statue... :judo:

Sounds brilliant - but need some pics! I don't think this will be 1/10 scale though, but I would love it to be. Not long to wait 'til 24th.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ambitious, albeit another Guts/Zodd project like Derek said... It's getting old. Anyway, I'm willing to bet this one will cost a lot so you guys better start saving some money. :SK:

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
1/10 scale would rock for that statue. :isidro:

But unless they tell us when they'll be releasing the Skullknight on Horse I have to save my money. :judo:

uhmm.. how did we come to the conclusion that it's 1/10 statue?
i'm guessing it's one of those diorama's (or maybe those pvc statues?) and gonna be the smaller scale.. like berserk fire dragon thing..
or maybe not?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Let's hope for pictures with this weeks episode :guts: :zodd: Still..., if this badboy is going to be flying.. it'll be interesting to see how it's pulled off.

I'm hoping for 1/10th but I can't see it happening.

Shit out of town on business on the 24th I'm going to have to get someone to order this for me.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Chiba said:
1/10 scale would rock for that statue. :isidro:

Yeah, it would rock alright! Rock our wallets! Hardy har har! :troll:
Hey, what was the attachment pic that came with the email? My email won't open it at work. While A one tenth statue would be amazing, I can't possibly see it being that size. (Size and cost would be too great!)

G

Genome

Hi guys,

I received this mail to and had just read the book 27 to find out what the item will look like but did'nt finfd any drawings of Guts and Zodd fighting. Did I miss something and do anyone of yoou have an ideo of the scene ?

See you.

G

Genome

vlad said:
Yeah it is in volume 32, and the episode is 277, check out the the colored version that CnC did:
NICE
Hope this helps!

Hi,

Thanks for your post. Well yes it help and I think I just have those words that come : Holy shit. Sorry  :serpico:

handsome rakshas said:
Yeah, it would rock alright! Rock our wallets! Hardy har har! :troll:
Hey, what was the attachment pic that came with the email? My email won't open it at work. While A one tenth statue would be amazing, I can't possibly see it being that size. (Size and cost would be too great!)

The attachment picture is a gray box. LOL. No preview pic unfortunately.

The more I think about it, the more I think that it probably won't be 1/10, considering that the scale of the previous Zodd Apostle statues were 1/15. I initially forgot that a 1/15 scale Zodd Apostle is already pretty damn big. But man oh man... if it IS 1/10, that would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. I don't care how much $$$!!! :zodd: Haha.

Uriel said:
Let's hope for pictures with this weeks episode :guts: :zodd: Still..., if this badboy is going to be flying.. it'll be interesting to see how it's pulled off.

Agreed. Whenever something is suspended in midair, it's going to be tricky. I just hope they don't use a metal pole or something of the sort. Maybe they can have the whole statue supported by clouds/water vapor made out of resin?? Or maybe Zodd's hind legs or tail could be supported by something? Or maybe the pose of the statue can be almost completely vertical (as if they were travelling in an upward direction as opposed to horizontal) and so the balancing won't be as difficult?? We'll see!

Can't believe they've even attempted it!

I'm trying to temper my excitement until I've actually seen it. But it's difficult... :badbone:

gaddammit, im already counting my pennies for 1/10 sk and guts & farnese
I really cant imagine it being even 1/15 if thats the previous scale for the apostle zodd statues. Im betting its going for 1/20 or 1/25, otherwise theres no way it will fit in my case- zodds outspread wings would be enormous!

Got pics! Scroll up! =) And according to the dimensions: Size(included the base): about 20cm x 40.5cm x 24cm, I'm guessing it's 1/15 scale? What do ya'll think? Break out the math and geometric equations!

Oh, and clouds/water vapor is what they used after all! No metal poles! Thank the Lawd! =)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
DirectDK said:
Got pics!

Oh...my...fuck... It looks incredible, in my opinion! :isidro:

48,000 yen though...*sniff*...the chance of me getting this and being able to pay for it when it's time...zero. :judo:

DirectDK said:
UPDATE: GOT PICS

Looks great even in those fuzzy scans, so should be awesome. Got to have it! :zodd:

Have also received email from Masato myself. The price he quotes of 48,000Yen 'includes all costs except for the international postage(EMS)' so I assume that means including his charges - so the price direct from AOW should be a bit cheaper maybe?

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
I dunno, I guess I'll piss on the parade and say it looks kinda like Zodd's singing opera or something. Especially in that head on pic.

Hey that gives me an idea...someone should make a Berserk opera! :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Grovel said:
Have also received email from Masato myself. The price he quotes of 48,000Yen 'includes all costs except for the international postage(EMS)' so I assume that means including his charges - so the price direct from AOW should be a bit cheaper maybe?

It'll be cheaper anyway if you buy it directly from them, because you won't have to pay the tax on it.

TheSkyTraveller said:
I dunno, I guess I'll piss on the parade and say it looks kinda like Zodd's singing opera or something. Especially in that head on pic.

I think that's just the angle. However, now that I look at it, they got his teeth wrong. That sucks. :zodd:

Top Bottom