Bastard's coloured rubbish

Jumping on the bandwagon again! My wagon is a little decrepit, with only three wheels. Hence the quality. And the complete lack of a decent background.
BadlyColouredGuts2.jpg

Told ya.

EDIT - quickly edited the backgroung before running off to a photoshoot. Better now?

CnC

Ad Oculos
damn good for a first. Just to echo what everyone else has been saying, the background has to be changed. Preferably to something that would offset the foreground.

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
I'm loving these colors threads!

Keep up the good work Bastard, I look forward to seeing your future projects.

And please, change the background. :void:

Background is as good as changed - as soon as I get a suggestion on what to change it to. I've never worked in colour in my life (with an exception in my Art A level... horrible...), so I dunno what would work best! :???:

sarahofborg

goodbye assholes
I would suggest a dark green gradient. The gradient would go from black to green and would be linear (as opposed to radial.) Green should be near the top, changes to black near the bottom.

Just a suggestion. Just mess around with gradients like that. It's a start, but once you get into it you might find other colors or ways it should look. I suggested green because it's a good opposite of the colors you've already used, but too bright and it'll stand out too much and it'll look weird. A radial gradient might work if the light area is near his face.

I haven't done any real colorings besides my half-assed icon but I know photoshop well.

Dirty Dog

bastard_swordsman said:
Background is as good as changed - as soon as I get a suggestion on what to change it to. I've never worked in colour in my life (with an exception in my Art A level... horrible...), so I dunno what would work best! :???:

the color of the background goes well with the image, it's just too plain. I'd suggest a gradient of that red and black, similar to what sarahofborg said. (If you know photoshop well, maybe just add texture the background instead, maybe with a wavy pattern?)

CnC

Ad Oculos
bastard_swordsman said:
Made a small change, edited it into my original post. Improvement, or too little too late?

It works. The highlights point you to all the right places and the background doesn't compete. Good job.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Yeah, it looks much nicer! I have to say that I didn't mind the red background as it was before, but I can see now that changing it made for a big improvement. :guts:

Top Bottom