The Moonlight Knight?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I’m very interested in hearing more about this Locus character.  All I know is he’s some sort of “Super Corkus” with a lance who may be an Apostle.

-Griffith

P.S. I wonder if his resemblance to Corkus is intentional? (Segue to another post =)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I guess we should wait until we see the chapter before we start debating on his Corkas look...But I think youre onto something. However, in order for me to believe any theory completely, I need word from Skully. He needs to go on some speech with Guts sometime damned soon like in volume 18. Those kinda scenes are the only ones that we really learn things from.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I think we learn a lot from other scenes as well.

For example, during the eclipse scene, we see a demon-woman-thing. With a 6 foot long, phalus-like apendage between her legs, presumably used to bash people in hte head, and drain their blood, or something.

In that scene, we learn that Miura is a pervert.

In that scene, where Guts get's raped by Donovan, we learn tthat Guts' get's raped by Donovan.

And in the scene were Guts killls some guy, we learn that Guts kills the guy.

In conclusion, I drink too much turpentine.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Im looking at 185 right now, and I think the whole thing about the Moonlight Knight looking like Corkas was just...some crazy japanese kid on heroin, because he looks more like a handsome Wild than anything. Also, I really dont think that he's an apostle. There is just no justification of he being an apostle JUST because hes a badass...

Ill get the chapter up either LATE LATE LATE tonight, or early tomorrow afternoon.

Griffith

I think the whole thing about the Moonlight Knight looking like Corkas was just...some crazy japanese kid on heroin,
Probably the same one who called him the Moonlight Knight, unless that's how he actually addresses himself?
he looks more like a handsome Wild than anything.
I think what you mean is, "He looks like a more handsome Wild." Wild was already a super stud!
Also, I really dont think that he's an apostle. There is just no justification of he being an apostle JUST because hes a badass...
Hmmm, so he doesn't have any Apostle characteristics? I think Olivier said something about his eyes being weird, and his lance.

-Griffith

P.S. Great, I thought for one brief shining moment my “Zombie Hawks” theory could still come true. Oh well, now I can start on my Wild reincarnated theory! ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm, so he doesn't have any Apostle characteristics? I think Olivier said something about his eyes being weird, and his lance.

Well you can make your own opinions up when you see it, but I don't see anything strange about him other than the obvious fact that he's a BADASS. Nothing else makes him seem 'apostle-ish'.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well...after I scanned the images...I noticed that his eyes do look slightly weird. It could just be the hype around it though. I guess we'll have to wait for more evidence, eh?

Update: Speaking of more evidence... Me and Griffith got to talkin about the similarities between WIld/Locus and we came up with this:

apostle.jpg

Griffith

I’m analyzing Locus way too much with way too little but is anybody else speculating as to why exactly he’s called the “Moonlight Night”? I mean, he has moons on his armor but what’s the deeper reason for the moon motif? Maybe he is some kind of Werewolf-type Apostle?

-Griffith

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
When I first heard "Moonlight Knight" I just thought it might have something to do with the family/order he was a knight of...But then once I realized he's almost definately an apostle, I think he could have gained the name through reputation (ala Nosferatu Zodd). Perhaps he becomes an Apostle at night? (as Griffith said above, more or less: a werewolf) Or maybe Miura just likes moons?

BTW Im glad to see that this topic is resurrected. It was gettin kinda slow today, and I had my eye on this one for a bit of time.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
While I from the beginning didn't think that the Moonlight Knight was an apostle, now I begin to doubt... he might be. Why? Because that's about the only thing which can give Gatts a match from now on... that or some kind of other creature of supernatural origins.

I mean... what do we know about the other weird things of berserk? Have there ever been a confirmed sighting of something really bad ass which is not an apostle? Apart from elves? For example... is it verified that Zodd is an apostle? Gatts bleeds when close to him (I think), but are we sure? I can't really remember right now. And the Bakkarika (sp?) certainly seem odd enough without being apostles....

Hell, I hope Miura plans to keep weird things a single 'apostle-pantheon' without mixing in other D&D type creatures... I love that Hellraiser feeling of it all.

Griffith

how did griffith hear about him?
he's been "dead" for some time now, right?
i wonder if anyone else will recognize him.
Like Walter said, perhaps the “Moonlight Knight” is a legendary figure like Zodd (he certainly wastes guys like Zodd does).

-Griffith

A

Asír

I DO NOT CREATE THAT BE A MATTER OF CORKUS

In the first place, ¿that podria to give Corkus as sacrifice to be able to be returned an apostol? they remember that the and the remainder of the hawns not sabian what was passing, they were plunged too much in the terror to be able to be stopped in the middle of all a carniceria and to be begin to think friamente the situacion! !!! (if clear, it asks to the apostoles that they expect them a moment because not they know that place is that and as llegraron ahi) ademas, the poor one of Corkus habia fallen in a state of shock tremendous, to the point that denied the reality that was happening, we say, that their death in certain sense went a great deal but misericordiosa that to have followed living being an apostol or a to be marked, when less murioBeing felt happy not?

m1325.jpg

when I saw for first time to young man of the light of moon myself parecio an antiversion of griffit (hair begro rizado, expensive long and very very long) me parecia a griffit very very old and with severe problems of nutricion, including podriamos to say that is a version of the Griffit that was all a locked year in the tower of the retribucion, full of grudge and resentimientos by those beings thatThe, it habian abandoned.

they be who be, Locus is a character very very original and attractive, I suppose that we will see him followed and tendra a good past that to count

many thanks

Asír

Fishbomb

Yeah... it was a long time since any new characters sounded that intriguing... He looks VERY nasty in my opinion, makes Silatt seem nicce and cuddly...

Asir: When are you going to register? :) And... where are you from? Sounds like you speak spanish or portugese originally... Welcome anyway!

A

Asïr

I am mexican, Do you speak spanish? ???

Äsír is the name antique German, ASS= god

Äsír: family of Gods (nordics)

very thanks

Asír

pd: como obtengo password para accesar como usuario registrado?

Griffith

He looks VERY nasty in my opinion
Agreed, I think he looks like a violent sociopath...and a Werewolf!! ;D
crinossketch.jpg

YOU CANNOT DEFEAT ME   BLACK SWORDSMAN!!            RAAWR!!
:eek: O MY ZOD!!! ES LOCUST TEH MOONLITE NIGHT!

Just imagine that with more spikes, slime and eyeballs (a la Wild).

-Griffith

P.S. Anyone think I'm jumping the gun on the Locus speculations, he's only been in the series for what, five pages?...Nah. ;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone think I'm jumping the gun on the Locus speculations, he's only been in the series for what, five pages?...Nah. ;)

Yes, but I like speculating, so I buy into it!

Fishbomb

I am mexican, Do you speak spanish?  ???

No... I do not speak spanish (no habla espanol). But I listen to some mexican music (Brujeriah), and watch some mexican movies so I have picked up some things... It just made me curious.

Äsír  is the name antique German,   ASS= god

Äsír: family of Gods  (nordics)

That I know! I am swedish you see, here we call the Asír for Asar, our old nordic gods. I wondered if that was the reference...

pd: como obtengo password para accesar como usuario registrado?

Umm... I think that you are asking how to obtain the password to access this board as a registered user.

Once you register you get a password mailed to the e-mail adress you specified. Then you can log in as a registered user.

Asir

that facil is to die, that dificil is to be born
hello again as it can see,

at last they gave me my contraseña for entering like user registered and to be able to have the same privileges that you, many thanks by your aid ^_^

You are of Swiss? or of Sweden? (It forgives, mental gaps @_@) wise of the I finish "Äsír" by a book that read about mitology German but well religion German, as of ahi adopt name of Asír and visit some pages upon the old one religion Germana.

LOcust becomes a wereWolf? because not,. tendria relation with the moon as that of their helmet, but better to be but sure we revise all the anuario of apostoles that they appear during the eclipse and to see if by ahi we find to one asi, ok?

Many thanks by your aid!

Fishbomb

I'm Swedish. From the far north of the Vikings and the Mead.

Sweden is just north of Germany, across a small ocean. Our early religions had a lot in common. :)

Asir

Excuses the error of traduction, now already herself that you are Swede. :) themselves well that of Sweden and Finland they originate the raices cultural and racial of the towns Germans, until does less than one year, I not they were very interested in their old culture and it but that wise of their God was the Thor that salia with the avengers of Marvel Comic' s by luck find that book of the one that you comente and ahi I knew that the present knowledge of theit owes to the recopilacion done by Snorri in the Eddas, where I keep the mayoria of stories that they speak of the old God, The Fresno Yggdrasill and the nine worlds, and then the adds the current pre-Christian one with the Ragnarök, (if in Spaniard this genial one to read all this, as being to learn to read the runas:)) thanks to that book to stop concentrate so much in mitologia Greek and concentrating me meIn the demas mitologias of the World.

Aside from that, to be better than the Kushan they use its tubes, because if not they remained without soldiers, they believe that Zod can stop a bullet of Canyon?

We see ourselves!

Locus either has to be an Apostle or have a magical lance. The lance was unusually it looked like it was spinning and Apostle and Gatts are the only ones strong enough to kill multiple soldiers at once.

Asir

It SHOULD BE MAGICA, DESPÚES OF ALL is NEEDED TO BE IT WHEN 10 HEADS BY THE TEMPLE are CROSSED AND TO HAVE REMOVING IT IT BUT RAPIDO POSSIBLE TRIES TO REMOVE A PALILLO OF TEETH OF THREE UVAS IT BUT RAPIDO POSSIBLE AND THEN TO RETURN TO USE IT, IS NOT FACIL

13.jpg

Top Bottom